Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guardian PVP- builds, discussions, gear

Default Guardian PVP- builds, discussions, gear

Hello all,
    I know there are many of you good people who can help me and light a candle in the tunnel
    So as a newibie in AOC PVP i am facing lots of troubles. Many times i was in the edge of smashing my comp or do something stupid because i am getting farmed from some mages, casters etc. I am pvp lvl 4 at the moment and i got like 320kills/680deaths ratio. Is that really bad? Should i cry and realise that i cant do PVP? My point is that i realy love PVPing and this is awlays been the reason for me to keep playing a game But here i am getting dissapointed many times. Not sure whether i am that bad or there is somethign else wrong.
    I`ve red many forums and tried some PVP builds and now i found one which i thing is the best so far that swuits me
    this is my build: http://goo.gl/XLWj9
    One of the biggest frustration for me is that i feel that sometimes i cant even overdps somebodys health potion?!This never happened in any other MMO i played as tank-guard etc.
    So lets just say the only thing that saves me from any mage, caster for now is my STA, when they see me running it, they disappear Many of you had said that guard is pritty easy to play with in PVP. I can agree in some point. I am a bit afraid that the game is not balanced well. For me balanced game is that anyone could face anybody with a chance to win. Tell me if i am wrong, and pls give me some hope.Also is the PVP T1-2 better than Khitai gear?
    Ok lets go to the fight. I awlays start in def stance. Only on my finishers i move to frenzy. But many times they cought me stunned or feared in franzy and by that time i am geting lots of dmg. I tried with counterweight but i do thing that its a good skill for end gear equipment were you get much more protection etc etc. Now i leave everything in your hands. Give me some instruction how to die less and kill more Which AA should i use, what gear, wearings, builds?

Thank you all in advance

use cw, use frenzy when you're not focused, and put every point in prot and armor in your feats. Age of mage is here, prepare to die by spell damage.

Use the pvp gear, have weapon swap and shield bash ready.

Fortitude is crap, better use something like : http://goo.gl/bNh5De
    You could use toughness instead of iron skin (to get some health regen) but iron skin gives much more mitigation. Intimidating shout gives much more damage than fortitude (but with 2 points it's a short duration and long CD so time it with SS+reckoning to buff your burst)

What perks are you using? If survivability is the issue you can go chromatic warding (and even elusive although with t1/t2 set it's probably a waste) and then use the two CC counters (avoid entanglements and vindication) + CW and anything you like. You can use pressing or decisive strikes (best is to use both if getting kills is your concern) but if you have to drop one for chromatic I'd drop decisive cos you might want to keep good hit rating with your pvp level (and also keep good crit damage since SS will crit all the time regardless even with a low crit chance).

You're using full pvp gear and weapons, right? Also don't hesitate to swap to sword and shield for the extra KB and extra survivability when moving towards an enemy (or when running away, running with flag). Your main burst is SS + reckoning in frenzy, just focus on landing that. And then CW when that's on CD (for CW, go back to def stance as soon as the animation has started)

Use your CC break preventively (BEFORE you get CC'd) to avoid getting interrupted and kills will come easy. Also swap between maneuver elusive daring and maneuver mental barrier all the time, don't forget that you can do that even when CC'd. Same with tactics defense and attack, swap constantly depending on the situation. For example you can start running with elusive daring and when you get CC'd switch back to mental barrier.

Focus on sins, rangers and clothies in general, don't try fighting healers or tanks (and be careful with barb if they are zerker specced)
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

I've never understood why people choose to use armor increasing feats. You can avoid most melee damage, as long as you know how to move.

Rangers do physical damage. That's why. I didn't use it until for ages but on Fury we get so many rangers that having 30% armour in frenzy is actually useful (I still get 3k TTS hits in frenzy but oh well).
    And truth be told there's no better place to put those points, armour penetration and combat rating are both very weak.

Well I didn't use guarded frenzy for a while either and still did fine but again there's not really a better place to put those points nowadays (was different when stamina drain was relevant).

Oh, and this thread is in the wrong section.
    Last edited by kalston; 30th March 2014 at 13:26.

Quote Originally Posted by batsik View Post
    Only on my finishers i move to frenzy. But many times they cought me stunned or feared in franzy and by that time i am geting lots of dmg.
    You really need to learn the name of casts and see how the animations looks like of those CCs to do preventive anti-CC.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Gonna ask a simple question since you managed to get Kalston over here.. If i use the t1 pvp gear, is it nessecary to have elusive nature? (idk how much other classes have etc, and how much of a difference it would make)

Critigation is really low on T1 (or T2) set IMO, especially now that people can have very high tenacity. It's still going to mitigate crits a bit but not by a lot.

Hey, thanks all for the fast and good replies.
    Many thanks to Kalston for getting me into what i wanted to know, by explaining the things very simple.
    Want to ask now by saying (Use your CC break (BEFORE you get CC'd) to avoid getting interrupted and kills will come easy.) what exactly as CC break you mean, because as far as i know I have only one and this is "Vindication" ? Do you mean as well to double click left,right,back as avoiding the CCs? As perks I use Decisive Strikes, Chromatic Warding, Vindication, Avoid Entanglements and Stall the Advance. But if the group I fight against is most physical dps I go to Pressing Strikes instead of Chromatic Warding. About switching between maneuvers and tactics I will take that in mind and will know for sure if manage to switch them means i am getting better(however it seems a bit more complicated for me on this lvl- i have to use to many keys and I could mess the things up very easily). And as you mentioned that Stamina drain does't work anymore i will try this Intimidating shout.And you didn't answer on the question about my K/D ratio is it that bad as I think?
    And as Religolibri said i should learn the name of casts and animations of all classes.
    Thanks again and sorry if the threat is in the wrong section.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    I've never understood why people choose to use armor increasing feats. You can avoid most melee damage, as long as you know how to move.
    Yeah, especially if everyone is running with big groups or even in zerg, and you are staggered to death if you even try to rush in and pick a target. This is Age of CC anyway, and you simply cant avoid all cc especially if they are nearly instant.
    Last edited by Bendowill; 30th March 2014 at 17:30.
    Bendowill (Ranger) / Liangxiao (BS)
    Gjalskia (DT) / Beacor (BS, Saga)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast