Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Is this game dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiwan View Post
    Such classes doesn´t exist. Please explain us further your opinion. I love such post from people who "understand" game (especially from apparently new players). Imo you are wrong in pretty much everything what you posted here.
    How else can you explain getting taken down in 1-4 hits everytime and most often before the necromancer can cast even one spell? How do you quantify that as fair or balanced? It would be like racing a brand new Ferarri with a Yugo. And this from someone who belittles others with a different opinion and experience. I do not value the views or opinions much from someone who's first response is to attack or insult the person expressing a difference of opinion with their own. You imply I do not understand the game or am a new player. Here you are wrong on both accounts. I am not wrong on anything I posted here unless you intend to tell me I somehow slipped into an alternate dimension where the same rules of AOC experiences do not apply to me as they applied to you? I bought this game when it was first released over 5 years ago and have played it since though not constantly but you may have spent more hours than I on the game. I have still spent plenty of time playing it.

I have never had such a great deal of trouble playing this game with a few exceptions of exercises in frustration and tedium or occasional difficult enemies. In other games I have played, even if I were a totally new player and had little or no experience or knowledge of the game, I actually faired MUCH better in the pvp scenarios than in this one. So again, how is that wrong? And I even played a few games that were pretty tough in online mmo pvp matches. However even in the tough games, there was still a chance to overcome enemies and not be downed so instantly everytime without results or a fair measure of account on my part against the enemies I faced. Only in the pvp matches here have I experienced such an imbalance of experiences. And here, I am most certainly not a new player nor do I have the ignorance of knowing nothing about the game or my character. And to imply such as you have is more than a little insulting and dismissive of my views.
    Last edited by Xularianne; 3rd April 2014 at 18:44.

Get a job, get a life, grow up...Play for FUN and u dont have to troll no more.
    Or just move on :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Apharak View Post
    Get a job, get a life, grow up...Play for FUN
    WAY overrated

Quote Originally Posted by Xularianne View Post
    You imply I do not understand the game or am a new player. Here you are wrong on both accounts.
    You simply do not know what your class can perform even 1vs1. It is all about - L2P issue + complete lack of understanding PvP. Sorry it is waste of time for me have disscussion with you. Just plain vain. Sorry
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Don't worry, Xularienne. For most people here, disagreeing means "noob, l2p", for whatever reasons.

You point out a design problem, which sadly funcom choose intendly. The oneshot thing...they mistook "fast-paced, skillfull" combat with "fast-dead, grindfull" combat. You can partly blame TL for it, too, because there is a handfull of "pros" deciding the feedback to the devs and doing the testing. Though i find most of it valueable and a good thing and a free voluntary effort, such way of feedback and testing has flaws.
    Or do you think, many there test combat and gaming through various stages and setups? Most feedback from the "pros" in this matter was, that balancing has to be done and start at the top. A lot of problems undergeared people face, come from this approach.
    And the solution is not better and faster gear for all, but to lower the progression curve through linear gear in pvp and reduce the influence of top pve gear (cut them loose). Then you can have a learning curve again and Shiwans arguments all become more valid, since people actually CAN l2p and not just l2e (learn to exploit) or l2g (learn to grind).

He has a point about classes though. Especially in pvp there is one op build or op feat you "musthave" and one type of controlling and gameplay favoured to even allow for some "stunts" the "pros" see as skillfull play. So, unless you adapt to the majority, you will be gimped. And if you don't constantly keep up to date with exploits, bugs and ninjachanges (through TL, friends or guilds) you can easily miss something, even if you play for 4+ years. And some things you simply do not wish to adapt to or do. This also should be respected as choice by the "pros".
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 4th April 2014 at 10:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Don't worry, Xularienne. For most people here, disagreeing means "noob, l2p", for whatever reasons.
    Well you know "someone" tries to convince us that Necro is underpowered It is enough to be said...

And btw game design and balance is pretty good
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10

Well you know "someone" tries to convince us that Necro is underpowered It is enough to be said...

haha necro underpowered yea its demo with like same prot as tanks in def stance and has best ranged dps in pve.. and 40 sec dots with tick 200-750.. burst higher than with demo and survivalbity is so great with life taps and fire prot shield..

not to mention most game breaking fatality pet.. aoe perma snare untill pet dies lol,
    The Law

He has Ferrari thinking that he drives Yugo...

Certain necros actually are. But the class has some mechanics, that get inbalanced pretty quick if focused. Necros also have a bad general spell coefficient and many broken feats and mechanics. Also funcom nerfed the general dps, but kept the burst insanity and critical mess of spellweave dots (as with rangers), so that might be, what the OP means.

So you are right in a way, the standard top geared spellweave dot necro IS not underpowered Also the class is pretty strong to op from 1-79 too.
    Problem is, where the OP is right, that the class is not balanced in itself and i know of a lot of necros at 80 that are definitely not OP. I guess the power progression curve at 80 has a huge gap somewhere for necros.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 4th April 2014 at 12:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Problem is, where the OP is right, that the class is not balanced in itself and i know of a lot of necros at 80 that are definitely not OP.
    Sure but PvP was never ment to be balanced 1vs1 especially once you fight your anti-class (as I said complete lack of understanding PvP) and he has been playing AoC for about 5 years... (L2P issue)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast