Thread: Massive Lag

Thumbs down Massive Lag

So I just came back to AoC this week. Was finding the game great fun. Upgraded my account and since then I've been getting crazy bad lag. Sometimes I can play for an hour and there isn't any issue or I spend more time lagging than playing. This morning I've died 4 times due to lag.

Last night I lagged so bad the game booted me out. Right now, I'm trying to hand in a quest and the lag isn't letting me. I'm typing all this while waiting on the next bit of dialog from the NPC.

WTF is going on? The server too full and the merge was a bad idea? Bunch of jerks running gear and trying to crash the server?

If you have just come back (reinstalled) when you go to a new area or encounter an area where you don't have textures/quest data you have to download it. This does cause extreme lag. It's particularly noticeable when you go into a raid encounter the first time. After a few weeks playing it mostly goes away.

The other possibility is that it could be the Russian migration from Fury, most of them use TPP hacks and that causes the instance to lag. This is particularly noticeable in Khemi where they all hang out and troll global between minis.

In your case I think the former issue is your problem, I suggest you try waiting it out a week or two and see if it goes away.

Good luck.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Great. So if I look up time zones and only play when it's night in Moscow maybe I can have a nice gaming experience. Come on Funcom, ban some accounts and block their IP provider.

There's a setting to cap the amount of data being downloaded in the background in your game settings.

Push F10, clicky Miscellaneous, voila. Cap it to less than your usual download and you should have enough free to do your usual game thing.

IF it's as Kenny said.

In the patcher options you can also make sure all the resource download options are checked so those don't have to download in the background.