Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassin: The forgotten class.

Quote Originally Posted by Binderato View Post
    And so it has began, the day when aoc population has been so dumbed down that a buff to the Assassin class has been asked...
    The Com is already so dumbed down, it cant go further. The day when ppl like you started to whine and cry BEFORE proper reading the ops post was long ago. he just said, that heavy classes are too strong compared to other classes. he just didnt say that, he looked from the other side saying sins are to weak against soldiers. Like many other classes too. he NEVER did say anything about mages.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    And no class is better than sins when it comes to countering CCs.
    Just one Question: Why? explain it. Why are sins best in countering ccs when for example a barb has the possibilty to feat one more anti cc then sin?
    Last edited by Zatochi; 7th July 2013 at 11:38.

Well you have tools like lotus overdose and avatar, don't you? Of course you can't have everything at the same time but it's the same for barbs (unless you play reaver but reaver in pvp is a joke)

Zerker barb doesn't have more anti ccs than sin & hybrid has two anti ccs but no anti kb (unless you are willing to sacrifice really good stuff for it).
    Last edited by kalston; 7th July 2013 at 12:05.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

of course zerker has anti kb...

he has lots of real fast cc so he can interupt others ccing, evade bubble....

say sins is best in countering cc withhin all classes is just not true.

of course when you do whatr you do, saying sin can have this and that regardless if he can have it all or dont think about what he is sacraficing for it but with all other classes you do that, then of course its right. but sorry, this is just stupid...

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    Just one Question: Why? explain it. Why are sins best in countering ccs when for example a barb has the possibilty to feat one more anti cc then sin?
    A Lotus tree assassin:
    - Cat's Paw (kinda of anti-CC for physical CC's since the evade reaches 40%)
    - Lotus Overlord (kinda of anti-CC for magical CC's because of the immunity to spells)
    - Lotus Overdose for immunity against root, fear, stun

A Corruption tree assassin:
    - Avatar of Death for immunity against root, knockback, snare

Extra for the assassin from general tree and perk:
    - Excellent Balance
    - Escape Artist
    - Agile Mind
    - Choking Powder perk for silence of spells and interruption of combos (can work as antiCC if looking at the castbars of course)

----------------------

Barbarian Berzerker:
    - nothing anticcc

Barbarian Reaver:
    - Unstable Mind

Extra from perk and general tree:
    - Excellent Balance
    - Escape Artist
    - Agile Mind
    - What it Takes perk (kinda of anti-CC since provides 60% evade/immunity)

these are the ones i found to make a difference when playing...

EDIT: i edit the post to be easier to read
    Last edited by PutchPT; 7th July 2013 at 12:29.
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

and what about all the fast cc of the barb? you count in choking powder but not the ccs from the barb? just lol...

and what about all the fast cc of the barb? you count in choking powder but not the ccs from the barb? just lol...
    CC's is one thing, antiCC is another, we are talking about those on the sin and not the CC's of the barb (did you try thinking why the barb doesnt have antiCC on berzerker side , exactly)

anyway, sins have all the tools they need to avoid CC's, a sin that lets himself get caught on CC too long is not a good one IMO
    Last edited by PutchPT; 7th July 2013 at 12:33.
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

of course when you do whatr you do, saying sin can have this and that regardless if he can have it all or dont think about what he is sacraficing for it but with all other classes you do that, then of course its right. but sorry, this is just stupid...
    He said hybride barb doesn't have anti-KB. Not Zerker.
    Interrupting others CCing with barb isn't possible unless you were about to CC anyway. The white priliminary hit makes it too slow. Maybe DP and still...

Barbs can indeed resist very good to CC's aswell. However missing a CC on a barb is still less leathal than missing one on a sin. And LO or AoD is something no other class has. Sin combos are shart and fast thus sins aren't still long. Barbs short combos (WA) have 45 sec CD if i'm not mistaking.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Choking powder is a cc too. you count it in on sins side. If you do that, you need to count in all ccs. with khitai knockback its easily possible to break many cc like fear of dt, stun from hoxes... saying it is impossible to break cc with barbs own ccs just makes me think if ppl have such serious l2p issues Oo

I said hybrid not zerker. And for that matter hybrid only has 2 stuns (one is fast but the other is just average and with a long CD) & 1 (fast) kb. But don't tell me sins' kb is slow, please. And barb's second kb (that you only get with zerker spec) is not particularly fast. I keep mentioning hybrid because it's the most viable specs for the average barb since it does good dps with crap gear (survivability is extremely low though, the speedbuffs are what makes it viable so if you sacrifice arcane marauder to get the anti kb from general, well...). Zerker is so gear dependent it's not funny.

And what do you mean by evade bubble? Predatory instinct and its 15% evade chance? (that's in reaver tree btw) or did you mean What It Takes the major AA perk that so few use since it means losing a lot of dps and survivability? (by losing without warning)
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

with khitai knockback its easily possible to break many cc like fear of dt, stun from hoxes...
    Fear of DT, yes eventually if you're not in the middle of something. HoX stun eventually. But what else ?

But If you interrupt them it's either a duel situation where you anticipate it. It's not a learn to play issue it's a factual observation. When i play my hox my stun isn't interrupted by a reaction to me casting it. It's either because the guy saw it coming or was already on his way to CC me.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast