Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranger Traps + Mana Drain

I find it funny how Funcom doesn't even want to comment on the issue.

It's probably because they know 50% of their community is going to cry and unsub from their game if they do anything to the class.

Quote Originally Posted by destroyr View Post
    I find it funny how Funcom doesn't even want to comment on the issue.

It's probably because they know 50% of their community is going to cry and unsub from their game if they do anything to the class.
    Mmmg, if 50% of current rangers left, but 25% of rangers who left after the revamp came back, i wonder if it will be a population boost or not?

Of course that would require more fixing than just balancing the traps (like feats/bugs/burst/AA/gear/nerfs and some global combat system issues not only ranger related).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 23rd April 2014 at 16:14.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    You do know they nerfed the mana drain once already? Imagine how it was pre-nerf.

Funny how people are uninformed, let me explain what happens:

Exausting traps now, drain mana even after revamp,

I do not know why, but after patch, he back way to be as it was before.

Again, it is the same as it was after the revamp. He returned to OP.

Quote Originally Posted by -Khramps- View Post
    Has the abilities of a Barb from Range and the click of a button and requires zero movement skill
    Kramps playing with a melee class? right?? Not?

to play with necro requires extreme skill,

I'll explain how to get many kills wiht a necro,

Step 1 - Place "Flesh Worms" on someone;
    Step 2 - hide somewhere and click SW.
    Step 3 - repeat it every 2 minutes.

ok, nice work! good job!

ready if the other team is retarded, and this is what happens with many players today, they will not come after you,

and with his skill at hiding, it will kill many people, especially if the other team does not have a healer.

Khramps has a sad story, he could not play hide and seek because it was a fat child, and now as an adult, he loves to do it during a match. Khramps, you're with the perfect class for that!

But attention, this requires a lot of skill!

Marechal@lol

Wanna play a game? :>

I go mini on nigro without Flesh to Worms, and u do minigame as well without using TTS and Rending Strikes and we will see whats more gamebreaking :>
    Cripples gonna cripple

Quote Originally Posted by Marechal View Post
    Funny how people are uninformed, let me explain what happens:

Exausting traps now, drain mana even after revamp,

I do not know why, but after patch, he back way to be as it was before.

Again, it is the same as it was after the revamp. He returned to OP.

Kramps playing with a melee class? right?? Not?

to play with necro requires extreme skill,

I'll explain how to get many kills wiht a necro,

Step 1 - Place "Flesh Worms" on someone;
    Step 2 - hide somewhere and click SW.
    Step 3 - repeat it every 2 minutes.

ok, nice work! good job!

ready if the other team is retarded, and this is what happens with many players today, they will not come after you,

and with his skill at hiding, it will kill many people, especially if the other team does not have a healer.

Khramps has a sad story, he could not play hide and seek because it was a fat child, and now as an adult, he loves to do it during a match. Khramps, you're with the perfect class for that!

But attention, this requires a lot of skill!
    Haha... So true... But then again, is the person making posts under that name actually Khramps or one of his BFFs?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarhal View Post
    Marechal@lol

Wanna play a game? :>

I go mini on nigro without Flesh to Worms, and u do minigame as well without using TTS and Rending Strikes and we will see whats more gamebreaking :>
    Actually ranger can do decent without tts and rending strikes. But like you say nothing game breaking without those skills and only skillful ones will do well.
    I think that linebreaker is maybe biggest issue.
    Scenario: some clothie fights ranger pops out of hide far behind him and hit linebreaker, low hit, ps+advantage + tts, ss or whatever depending on situation.
    Thing is ranger has one cc that cant be defended (if used smartly) and is such huge range for cc

Rending Strikes is what significantly boosting ranger's burst damage, in fact it doing twice as much more damage on target as advantage itself do in general. So go figure
    Cripples gonna cripple

What Sarhal said. Linebreaker is powerfull, but it is in line with other classes OP ccs (you got range, but also casting time and los, while others are even more unavoidable and do damage as well). Problem is, the synergy with rending strikes and advantages. Just do the math. And this is fault of the feat tree design aka revamp mainly. You get one advantage and rending strikes anyway, if you go for linebreaker. Compare with going for any other of the three end feats.

A lot of issues will be solved, if you move the damaging advantages and rending strikes to another place. But i would rather see a back to the old ranger or new revamp, than keeping the current mechanics, which made the ranger dull to play (even, if i go melee, feat unconventional stuff etc.: i still have to go yawn yawn advantage trap finisher yawn yawn yawn finisher.)

Of course you can play without linebreaker, tts and rending strikes (i do actually on some), but you can rarely oneshot people with such builds...not even clothies. While on the other hand an abusive ranger with rending strikes, linebreaker and tts can kill easily via ambush people even hiding near guards.
    But rangers should be annoying to tanks and artillery...that is the point of a skirmisher class! This does not mean they have to be boring, inbalanced and crippled without using the "easy" way.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 29th April 2014 at 17:44.

Since gear revamp it's even worst to play without rending strike...and oh lolz the dps of sword. I do 350 crits on light armor with a full buffed deft stabs...with T4 sword and the +5% melee damage and 5 point in the general thing that add damage on both melee and ranged.

You have more reason than ever to copy paste the OP feat.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast