Thread: Tech savvy people, I need help please!

Exclamation Tech savvy people, I need help please!

*Warning Lengthy Post, but needed to explain*

Right about the time the world boss spawned in NG/Chosain something must have happened to one of my characters. I have no idea if it is even related, but this is the time it happened. I logged into my Bear to kill the basilisk in NG or Chosain cannot remember which. I was immediately disconnected, then I kept trying to log back in with the very same issue, disconnected immediately...so fast I couldn't click any abilities or press any buttons.

A GM moved me to OT logged in just fine, no issues. I path'd to chosain, immediate disconnected, over and over, no matter if I ran there through zones or path. GM moved me again to OT logged in just fine, I can go anywhere except NG/Chosain/Paikang because I am immediate disconnected.

I log my Dark Templar, he is in Chosain, I can play in chosain all day long, no issues, along with barb/ranger/blah blah blah.... I have contacted tech support and GMs in-game and they keep telling me it is a client side issue, I cannot see how this can be, for I am able to log in any character but my bear or path to any Khitaian areas on any other character.

What I have done to try to correct the issue - first delete ui/data folders all minor stuff first, finally got so mad I completely deleted, then fully vanilla installed AoC no UI's nothing extra plane jane... no fix. Setup port forwarding and all that jazz like Funcom Tech told me to, no fix. I have downloaded a fresh install on a different computer, using a different ISP, and it is a different type of connection all together and I still could not log into my bear out in chosain still...immediately disconnected?

Any, I mean ANY suggestions would be very helpful...

If the exact same scenario happened on a completely different machine, with completely different hardware; I really don't think there is anything I could do here. But I'll try.

What windows is on both machines? Hopefully everything is up to date, including video card driver. It could be a random Windows update. Is there another video overlay you are running? What else do you have installed.

There is a folder containing chat logs and other odd things in a hidden folder inside Appdata. You could try deleting this folder.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

First machine, i7-4770k / 780gtx on win 7 updated with those KB's uninstalled that help aoc run. Just installed latest drivers to see if that would help on the videocard, that did not help.

Second machine is a dual core 1.5ghz dunno what the name of it is, with intel graphics on win 8.1

I haven't updated either machines in the last month or two at the earliest, and this happened recently of course.

I will give that a go, deleting appdata folder when I get home. Ty half for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaineer View Post
    First machine, i7-4770k / 780gtx on win 7 updated with those KB's uninstalled that help aoc run. Just installed latest drivers to see if that would help on the videocard, that did not help.

Second machine is a dual core 1.5ghz dunno what the name of it is, with intel graphics on win 8.1

I haven't updated either machines in the last month or two at the earliest, and this happened recently of course.

I will give that a go, deleting appdata folder when I get home. Ty half for the suggestion.
    Just to be sure, don't delete the actual AppData Folder. Inside there is a Funcom folder, delete the toon under the username. Your settings might get hosed on your other toons. Its easy to mess alot of this up as why its hidden. So be careful.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Angry

***Quote***

"Greetings,
    Thank you for contacting Funcom Customer Support.
    I've just logged into your character and moved it around the different Khitai zones to see if I could get this issue to occur for me. I wasn't able to cause this issue to occur. Is it only occurring once you have relogged or does it occur every time you enter those zones? How long has it been occurring?

Regards,
    GM Ysbaddaden
    Customer Service Representative" ***End Quote***

!!!!flipping unbelievable....

I renamed my AppData > Funcom > Pref

file and I can currently run around Shaulan, this is on my secondary computer, I will do this to the computer at home. I still do not see how on a different computer it has anything to do with it, but whatever...

TY Halfdead

OH! and had to download a 1.89G update damn these large files.

Default Is my ignore list too big?

Hit the same problem on every toon but 1 that was parked in TAS lobby. Deleted the character folders under prefs (after taking a copy) and they all log in again. Thought I'd copy over the ignorelist.bin file from the copy folder & they start bombing out again... Some issue with the ignore file not syncing to the community server perhaps?

Addendum : The toon that could log in had a very small ignore list as it's my most recent.

Addendum #2 : I copied back the original character folders & then deleted all ignorelist.bin files & all would log in. I then copied the file from the working toon into all other character folders & all was good & I had an ignore list, albeit a much abridged one compared to what I had. Maybe the older toons had an entry that no longer corresponded to a valid character ID & this caused a timeout when connecting to the community server. Regardless of the actual cause of the disconnect, it seems just deleting the ignorelist.bin file, or copying a version from a working character solves this issue.
    Last edited by Malvoleus; 21st February 2014 at 18:33.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
    The world we know is cold and hard; the weak shall be trampled underfoot and the strong will march forward to glory.

Ok! Yep! I went home on my lunch break and deleted the Prefs folder and all is well. I guess my "do not heal" list was growing to large. It's what I was using for asshat mini players...

Thank you for helping, and all the suggestions given here to all!

No...that did not fix the issue. What actually fixed the issue was coping one characters prefs files over to the bear shaman. It must have had to do with target portrait or self portrait. I enabled them for pvp, and those two differences are the only thing that separates my other characters from the bear.

Seems my issue was slightly different then, still profile related but a different file causing the problem.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
    The world we know is cold and hard; the weak shall be trampled underfoot and the strong will march forward to glory.