Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Conan Movie - Iron Shadows

Default Conan Movie - Iron Shadows

Well, on the official conan.com forum, there's a listing for an independant crew having already progressed to post-production status of a new Conany mmmmmovie.

http://www.conan.com/invboard/index.php?showtopic=10704

With a budget of $2 million (I'm assuming USian dorra), it's likely to be a direct-to-DVD, and fairly short but there's hope as several people involved have lots of experience with action and music and production, so hopefully this will be a good sign of things to come!

This looks like it could be fairly decent. I can't wait.

The guy seems to have the proper style and look, he's got something of a wolf on some photos, which is kinda nice to play Conan.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm15966415...f_=nmmd_md_nxt

Unfortunately, the direction of the movie will most likely make him look like a gym addict, super tanned and oiled, super cut etc, instead of a northern savage Khal Drogo.

Apart from the very first Conan movie, no director had any clue at all about what Conan is and about the kind of world Hyboria should be.

I dont know :| He looks like a fitness instructor to me...too much oil, no body hair, "artificial" body building style muscles...
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    I dont know :| He looks like a fitness instructor to me...too much oil, no body hair, "artificial" body building style muscles...
    I like my Conan to be epic. If he is some hairy, fat dude I will be like "Hey! That is no Conan! Thats just some chairy, fat dude!"
    Retired

Thumbs down

This is a bad joke. Especially that gorilla face. xD
    Last edited by pekka; 3rd June 2014 at 15:44.
    Tainted Souls on Crom - Johara's Featplanner

Hushi (HoX) - Igne natura renovatur integra

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    Quite honestly, I dont think any man has ever lived that looked like Conan =D

Seriously though, muscle definition is usually from working out certain parts of the body anyway. Or chems. I doubt Conan bothered to focus on such trivial things and likely just swung his sword and crushed rocks for practice when he wasn't running to/away from something (he does a lot of that, seemingly).

Conan only has 3 defining characteristics, appearancewise.

A square cut black mane, blue eyes, and a powerful build.

Arnold had one of three.

The german guy from the tv show whose name escapes me had one of three.

Momoa had one and a half of three.

This guy looks like he has two of three, and can get a wig. Might be the closest to Howard's vision yet.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Quote Originally Posted by Unutterable View Post
    This guy looks like he has two of three, and can get a wig. Might be the closest to Howard's vision yet.
    Agreed. Out of all actors I like this one best. If he also can act (better than Arnold anyway) he will be best Conan we got so far.
    Retired

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast