Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Buying new AOC computer - need advice

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Those issues have been fixed ages ago. Not the slightest crash or anything on my gtx670 for about 2 years now.
    It's just the nature of computer hardware. Once people lose confidence, it takes a very long time to get it back. Just one bad release of drivers is enough to make people switch "loyalty" from one major brand to another.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddam View Post
    It's just the nature of computer hardware. Once people lose confidence, it takes a very long time to get it back. Just one bad release of drivers is enough to make people switch "loyalty" from one major brand to another.
    True. I was using nvidia products since ever. I just couldn't stomach blowing all that cash on new computer and having any issues with AOC.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    True. I was using nvidia products since ever. I just couldn't stomach blowing all that cash on new computer and having any issues with AOC.
    well tbh i aint a strict fan of any one of gfx cards producers - i swap randomly from one to another and test it for some time but this 7770 1 gig ddr5 blown me totally out of sox - its ace accelerator and what is funny is that it doesnt require additionall power supply then just one from mobo, so additionally to great performance you get $$ saved in the pocket,

just to clear the things up i had many gfx cards - manually handled not like i bought whole PC configuration of platform all together - i had like geforces 9600gts, 9800gti, 260gtm, 560ti and any not mentioning really old ones could handle the game at ultra max in full hd - so i had also radeons 4650, 4770, 4870 and now this beaty 7770 1 gig ddr5 and finally i found my saviour - till some recent time i could run everything on it on ultra max in full hd but AoC is most demanding and still can handle it well, i will be honest now it slows down now sometimes but i rather think its cpu problem not gfx card cos i got only 2 cores 2,9 ghz speed one and with box cooling (real suicide), dont ask me why i didnt get seperate one - i just couldnt bother with it at the time and was up to take it as going through option but it appeared its quite well working machine all together,

anyway i know that radeons werent working best in the past with aoc but i think with not so old dreamworld implementation game started to handle not original cuda cores way better and what we have now is that radeons offers much more of them designed units on each board of gpu they 'send out to the battlefield' and what appears to be clearly a win.

anywho, computer and monitor lies near me in a box and I am too buisy as of late to unpack it. I will probably take things for a spin on weekend.
    Retired

So, how does she run? I'm interested in hearing any pro's and cons on your setup and perhaps some performance comparisons from the old pc to the new.

btw I just started my new pc build. Rosewill Thor V2 just arrived. Time to start ordering parts to fill her up.
    Motherboards, here I come!!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234