Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: "game breaking" bug has hit ESO?

Default "game breaking" bug has hit ESO?

A "game breaking" bug has hit The Elder Scrolls Online MMORPG. ZeniMax and Bethesda have responded by temporarily shutting down the guild banks on the North American and European megaservers. They also released a patch (v1.04) that addresses the issue to some degree, forcing players to stack items in their inventory first before placing them in the guild bank.

But that may not be enough to solve the issue.

According to various reports, a dupe bug was found in the online RPG, allowing players to duplicate in-game items and sell those items to vendors for money. Players have thus taken that falsely-earned money and purchased equipment and other items they previously couldn't afford. That throws the in-game economy completely off the tracks.

"It is so simple, in fact, that it is possible to do it by pure accident," reads the Reddit post. "Players in full legendary gear, billions of gold (From duping mats and sellingthem to vendors over and over), and so much more. Money, items, etc is completely worthless."

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/eld...oit,26595.html

This is so old though. Happened last week, was first reported 7th of February during the beta .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoZQW0_OEmw

Supposedely to be fixed now and the people that got banned just recived a minor ban and kept everything they duped apparently. At least one guy kept his 2 mil after a 3 day ban.

it had no effect
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

mmmm ... no.

TESO is not bugged into 'oblivion' (see what I did there?) It's fine ... minor bugs are being patched every few days. Some server instability (it's down for maintenance a little more than I'd like). They just need to get rid of the frigging gold spammers in chat.

I'm liking it, but I don't know if it has the capacity to keep players subbed for years, like AoC has. Time will tell.
    Subbed July 2008 - Try THIS MACHINE AGE a blog for new and casual players of Age of Conan

Duping has been done in almost every game I've played at some point. Guild Wars banned a bunch of people at one point, Diablo 2 was notorious for it. Can't remember if AOC had that, but people were trading BOP items early on.

Of course with AOC, gear didn't matter at all back then so it was pretty irrrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by NavinRJohnson View Post
    Duping has been done in almost every game I've played at some point. Guild Wars banned a bunch of people at one point, Diablo 2 was notorious for it. Can't remember if AOC had that, but people were trading BOP items early on.

Of course with AOC, gear didn't matter at all back then so it was pretty irrrelevant.
    Rage.

10chars

New exploits are found everyday on this game. Exploitable animation mechanics make the combat awful in pvp (it's combo skipping but it's not good like it was in AoC) and an exploit allowing you to get unlimited skill points has just been found today as well.

Tbh I'm done with this game, it's broken beyond belief and we're not talking about small minor issues. Pve wise I loved the levelling to 50 but the veteran grind that comes after that is pretty bad IMO.
    And well, pvp is just butchered by animation exploits, broken skills (vampires that can solo zergs), a huge power gap, Eu servers still being located in the US etc.

If they can't fix major bugs that were reported in beta I don't think this is worth anyone's money anyway.
    Last edited by kalston; 23rd April 2014 at 15:09.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

And now, all come back to Age of Conan! Hyboria needs you!
    Bendowill (Ranger) / Liangxiao (BS)
    Gjalskia (DT) / Beacor (BS, Saga)

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    my MMO isn't bug free in the first month. I'm having difficulty typing this with all of my tears obscuring my vision
    Just another cry baby who doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. The animation skips are BRILLIANT and keep the combat even more refreshing than it already was.

Wait, some guy on the internet said he reported a bug in beta?!?! He must be telling the truth! No one on the internet lies.

Vamp issue with almost free cast ultimate will be addressed.

I don't know everything, but I do know you're a freaking tool for expecting an MMO to be bug free in its first three months, let alone its first three weeks.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast