Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Star Citizen

Damn... this looks ridicioulus great. guess this is a game i will get a new system for. or at least a new graphic card. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Invino View Post
    Launch is November 2014. However ...

.. hanger Module is active .. you can see all the ships you buy, sit in them and run around the hanger. No flight yet.

... December this year is Dogfighting Module, so some PvP action.

.. April or so will be Alpha.
    My guess is I won't be able to run it?

CPU Phenom II X4 955GD

GFX Radeon HD 5770 Crossfire

12g RAM
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Should be able to run it, just not too well.

I get 40-50fps in High settings at 1920x1200 res, rather stable numbers too, with:

- AMD X6 Vishera @4HGz
    - ATI 7950 gfx

It is not optimised at all yet. Engine is the upgraded version in Crysis 3. $25mil reached this morning. Full cost was going to be $23mil, now it's just gravy.

I let the CPU monitor run and it uses 3 cores fully, tho not to 100%, with 4th occasionally. Also, crossfire/sli will work better than it does in AoC. Had a dual core CPU since 2005 and will take 9 years for a game to use it. Might even buy another 7950 card and xfire it instead of getting a big new card. hehe

I hope no one is going to think they will see the back of me from AoC any time soon, I'm just geeking out on the tech potential here, just like AoC in 2009. 2 PC rebuilds later I can play it in DX10
    Last edited by Invino; 27th October 2013 at 08:54.

So it seems they're going to have a persistent, open for everyone shard that if you choose to play in the game will very much be an MMO.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    So it seems they're going to have a persistent, open for everyone shard that if you choose to play in the game will very much be an MMO.
    Game has very much expanded in its MMOiness since conception. Some of the stuff being started now was only planned for much later.

24h from $27mil now. Dogfighting vs Ai is confirmed for end of the year and PvP for a bit later.

SC is going to go nuclear this month ..

Just look what the boss wrote on forum. Some GDs could learn a valuable lesson here .. hehe .. (not our Joel ofc, he knows this)

https://forums.robertsspaceindustrie...nd-consoles/p1

Everyone is going wild on RSI forum right now .. I need to eat and been reading it ...

Star Citizen IS a PC game. It will NEVER be dumbed down for a lesser platform. We will NOT limit the input options or supported peripherals to the lowest common denominator. We will NOT pass on features and technology just because they will only run on some hardware configurations.

I just upgraded my office rig to a pair of Titans running in SLI, driving a 4K monitor and a 1440P one (Thanks NVidia for the goodies!). We’re about ready to build the ultimate AMD rig with FOUR R9 290Xs and AMD’s eight core CPU driving a set of 4K monitors in Eyefinity (Thanks AMD!)

You think that’s a good approximation for console, even a next gen one like PS4 or Xbox One?
    Sniff .. sniff .. I want a PC like those ..
    Last edited by Invino; 18th November 2013 at 20:40.

Clocked $30mil this morning.

For those interested, there is a 4 hour live stream with Chris Roberts answering a ton of questions and new footage on the 26th November (this Tuesday) at 17 GMT, 18 CET.

If you want to get Life Time Insurance on Super Hornet Fighter .. get your wallet out for $195 today ..
    Last edited by Invino; 24th November 2013 at 10:35.

Snowhawk Clan is REALLY excited about this game. We're all watching it very closely, and if it amounts to the hype, we'll be hitting it full force.

New in-game footage released and words can't even describe how amazing it looks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TWQFSzQyeM
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

I have been following this game ever since they started it up on Kickstarter. Chris Roberts is a legend and so I have great anticipation for this game. I haven't played a space sim since Allegiance. Amazing game that was but I have a lot of faith in the work they have done thus far and their promises. I keep hearing "feature creep" is a growing concern. Still though, from what I saw from PAX, I think they are headed in the right direction.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast