Thread: Bear Shaman Khitai?

Default Bear Shaman Khitai?

Is it OK to chose the Khitai race for Bear Shaman? Did searches but could find any answers.

I do have the expansion, so Khitai race is available.

You can pick any race for your class without losing or gaining any attributes.

The main differences are going to be:

1. Starting city: gateway to khitai will be your first area you get sent to after killing Strom in Tortage

2. Which racial pets you can get if your guild city is lvl 17 or higher. The khitains get a floating blue or yellow glowy ball that makes space noises. Cimmerians get a wolf cub pet, Acheronians get a fox, Stygians get a monitor lizard thing. And there is another quest later for social pets but not sure whether its race related (think its class related actually)

3. Where you go when you use your totem of origins (only once every 24 hours, takes you to your starting city).

Plus...the khitain bear shaman will get a panda bear buddy when using the AA heals with your bears. Only the khitain classes get a panda companion bear: all others get a brown one.

I've got Cimmerian and khitai bears. You also get different body types and tattoos when you roll the class at the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    Acheronians get a fox
    Acheronian yourself
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Bears don't need no spelling.

Totem of origin taking you to conarch > totem of origin that takes you to gateway.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Default Thank

Thanks Anubium for the great reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    Totem of origin taking you to conarch > totem of origin that takes you to gateway.
    No, because you can buy a veteran port to conarch, but not to grasslands...and sometimes I'd like an easier way to get there than to use my asura or run from shaulun/khemi.

another difference is that if you make a kithian character, when you reach lvl 80 your trainer will ask you to kill conan...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    No, because you can buy a veteran port to conarch, but not to grasslands...and sometimes I'd like an easier way to get there than to use my asura or run from shaulun/khemi.
    Pretty sure totem brings you to opposite side of gateway which is a fairly long ride to the grassland side.

I always liked conarch totem because it's real close to both OT and ce.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.