Thread: Tanking

Default Tanking

Hello guys, I am very new to the game so some things can be confusing. I was wondering is Conqueror purely a dps class? At first I thought it was a tank or atleast it could tank, but I can't find any information about it tanking and all the threads here only talk about DPS builds.

So basically can it be a tank or is that Guardian and Dark Templar only?

Thanks in advance

Conq is as much tank as the two other soldiers, only problem is that the class is very overpowered and the players playing it is extremly underpowered.
    I am Stian ingame...

Quote Originally Posted by ZackApior View Post
    I read that entire thread already. There is very little tank information in there.

The main post says they are not going to cover tanking. Then over the next few pages there is the occasional person saying they carnage tank, but no mention of what that means (I get that you put points int eh carnage tree). No mention of what a build would look like for that or how you pull it off.

There is a person who mentions brute tanking, but is quickly dismissed by the others and then the last 3 pages someone says conqueror is a strong class because it can dps or tank in all trees.

So there is almost no information about actual tanking in that thread other than people simply stating that they occasionally do an off tanking run for something.

So if I understand this you can sort of off tank some things sometimes if geared but how and what kind of spec is unknown, which I guess means you can put points into anything and sometimes in some situations offtank something. Is main tanking ever a thing? Not sure.

That about right?

Conqueror tanks just fine.

The preferred spec is Brute where you get an invulnerability bubble and a buff that heals you when recieving physical damage as end feats.

Just don't forget to spec Burst of Agression and Retaliation as aggro tools, and to keep Guard of Dancing Steel up at all times once improved Retaliation is feated.
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

Conq has been a main tank on par with guard and dt for several years now.

So you can tank or you can dps as conq, up to you.

On a side note, conq is very easy to play with. Tanking is very forgiving and dps is really straight forward.

That initial post alone explains exactly how to tank OR dps with a conq. Read it once you're 80, it doesn't get much clearer than that. But until 80, just keep taking whatever feats look cool (reset feats at 80) and press random buttons at monsters.

Also newbie forum is your friend.

You didn't understand, the post I linked says "I’m not going to cover Carnage tanking here". It describes brute tanking with plenty good hints. Carnage is dps tree but you can off tank or even tank some encounters in carnage with correct build and good gear.

EDIT: ha ha, so many replies at the same time