Thread: Patcher stuck minimized in the task bar

Default Patcher stuck minimized in the task bar

Hello,

Everything worked fine until a few days ago. I am curently unable to access the game for I can't even launch the patcher.

When I do, the icon appears minimized on the task bar, and I can even hear the sound playing telling me the game is ready to start, but I can't maximize the patcher, it stays stuck minimized.

I tried reinstalling the game, verifying games files (I am using steam), I tried to launch patchersetup, I tried forcing the patcher to show up through the task manager bar: nothing works.

I looked on several forums and found nothing, so excuse me if this problem has already been posted.

I hope someone found a solution.

I've had that happen in the past. Seems to occur most often when I don't just sit and let the game load but try and do something else instead. I just close the window and retry and it hasn't yet done more than two in a row.

Try closing all other programs and you might need to disable virus screen to load in, sometimes that does weird things. And definitely don't touch the kb til you get the cut scene screens (the big funcom blurp).

good luck

Thanks Anubium for your reply. It seems that my problem was caused by the nvidia beta driver 337.50, I should have thought of that sooner. The problem disappeared as soon as I reinstalled the 335.23 version. If it can help someone we never know.