Thread: ESO Not So Bad After Sober Game Play

Default ESO Not So Bad After Sober Game Play

Earlier, I dismissed ESO, but after remaining sober with focused gameplay I've come to really enjoy it.

Some observations:
    It's apparent that Zenomax under estimated the population load on the US Server as lag has become more frequent since the advent of the official release. I got in on the 5 day early access and I've seen the population skyrocket.

I've rolled both factions; Ebonheart Dragonknight, Daggerfall Covenant Sorcerer.

There is a pretty substantial problem with bots dominating some of the dungeons...hovering around the bosses, crowding gameplay. Why Zeno didn't facilitate instances is coming more into question.

The lack of instances... you find yourself going in to a zone to kill mobs and most, if not all, are dead already so you meet your objective too quickly. Spawn rates are fast. Players will usually wait around long enough for mob service, kind of like an ER.

Cyrodiil is awesome and the play field humongous. If your keep is distressed you must respawn a substance distance to another unaffected keep. Then you run a looooong way to get back. This can be taxing to your patience and game time.

Lag has been an issue in Cyrodiil particularly when you join a large raid group. I find if I remain ungrouped the issue goes away.

You can join 5 guilds but to me that's like going full circle and joining chat only all over. It's not tight enough. I've resigned to one PvP guild and one trade/craft guild.

Cyrodiil IS awesome. I detest minigames, and have always preferred open world pvp. With the pve objectives and quests luring folks to the "safe" areas two or three fort caps behind the front lines it makes for great gank or be ganked fun.

Bolstering is done right, I know there is a lot of hate on the fact there are vet10s steamrolling zergs but in reality a lowbie can kill a vet10 from ambush as long as the vet10 doesn't have a healer who is on the ball.
    I don't make points I make dents.