Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know how to fix the mountains dissapearing thing?

Default Does anyone know how to fix the mountains dissapearing thing?

Depending of your point of view the mountains appear or dissapear. But I mean the far mountains. Happens to me mainly in Poitain. I have everything maxed out. It happens to me with GTX770 4gb and it happened to me before with a 660GTX.

Any solution to this?

EDIT: Happens sometimes, not always. I have adjusted SMAA with Sweetfx and now it was not happening. Anyway, I would like to know if this is caused by Sweetfx or not.
    Last edited by Meleagro; 25th August 2014 at 13:50.
    Atmoran - Barbarian
    "I'm descendant of Ysgramor.I came from the ancient lands of Atmora."

You can't! I guess this mostly happens when you turn the view around. This is a side effect of the camera coming closer/father away from the very far mountains. You can minimize the effect by setting draw distance to 3500 (highest) but you can't eliminate it completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfas View Post
    You can't! I guess this mostly happens when you turn the view around. This is a side effect of the camera coming closer/father away from the very far mountains. You can minimize the effect by setting draw distance to 3500 (highest) but you can't eliminate it completely.
    Ok thanks, then I can't do anything more than Im doing. Thanks for the clarification.

Is there a way to improve the lod distance in grass, etc? I would like to see the grass appearing from a more distance. It is maxed but aroun 20 meters in front of you starts to appear. It is common in many games and I suppose that you can't edit anything in AOC?
    Atmoran - Barbarian

Quote Originally Posted by Meleagro View Post
    Ok thanks, then I can't do anything more than Im doing. Thanks for the clarification.

Is there a way to improve the lod distance in grass, etc? I would like to see the grass appearing from a more distance. It is maxed but aroun 20 meters in front of you starts to appear. It is common in many games and I suppose that you can't edit anything in AOC?
    There are far more options in AoC than any other MMO Ive ever played, even single player games. Hit f10 and pick your video settings, you'll find a lot of options in there. Keep in mind the game engine is at least 6 years old and some stuff is simply outdated.

Friend of mine found the setting to increase it beyond 3.5k. That should fix it. I think it was a script or something
    Boyscout bearshaman

Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post
    Friend of mine found the setting to increase it beyond 3.5k. That should fix it. I think it was a script or something
    Can you PLEASE let me know about that script?? PLEASE.

@Wulfgaarr, I know about all the options and I have them all maxed out. For me AOC is the best looking mmo out there regarding design, atmosphere, OST...thats why I have returned. I was subbed to ESO (still subbed for more than 40 days pending, but I just log in to feed the horse). ESO has been a dissapointment. Im a hardcore TES single player games fan and ESO is just a random mmo with TES skin.

I mean, Im not new in AOC and I know about all the options but I was asking here for help regarding the possibility to max the graphics even more.
    Atmoran - Barbarian

For me, under Win7 there is a prefs file under Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Funcom\ConanPrefs\

However, any attempt to set distance beyond 3500 was replaced with 3500 by the game, so the game is enforcing max values. I tried setting other LOD/distance-related variables beyond their max, and got the same result. You can make the file read-only and the game will still ignore your custom max settings.

Alas, I read somewhere the max draw distance was once 5000. Would love to have that back since my machine can easily run this game beyond it's current max settings, even with SweetFX in DX10. Game looks great but the short LOD distances are disappointing.
    Last edited by Endurium; 25th August 2014 at 20:03. Reason: Wording

Any view distance over 2048 dosen't seem to have any effect when you adjust it ingame. 2047 even reduce view distance of distant mountains greatly compared to 2048.

For the sake of testing I modified MainPrefs.xml to allow view distances up to 12000. It works from you login till you zone the first time. Then it goes back to a view distance that isn't affected beyond 2048 till you restart the client.

The missing Mountains always annoyed me as it is so obvious when you turn the camera. It is a shame if your computer can pull it off. Mine isn't fast and 5 years old and it handles a view distance of 12000 perfectly fine. Something worth considering for the devs maybe? It just looks so much better when you can see it all!
    Last edited by Sifie; 25th August 2014 at 20:31.

It's sad...Funcom should let us allow more lod distance. Nowadays computers can run it perfectly!
    Is Funcom reading this forum? Do you think theres a chance to see this improved if they read it?
    Atmoran - Barbarian

Send a PM to CirithGorgor and ask about it and if you can, then head over to the testlive forum and post something. Cirith and Pyzerius are quite active there and actually do changes to the game.
    Last edited by Sifie; 25th August 2014 at 20:37.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast