Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What does it take to get veterans to return to the game?

Progression.

T4 has been out forever now.

AAs are the same.

Classes have had few significant changes in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    Progression.

T4 has been out forever now.

AAs are the same.

Classes have had few significant changes in a long time.
    This. I've moved to other games, tried ESO beta and even got GW2. But I still watch the patch notes for AoC looking for the moment they decide to change up HoX and other classes majorly to make things interesting to try out again.

Quote Originally Posted by CimmerianHoX View Post
    This. I've moved to other games, tried ESO beta and even got GW2. But I still watch the patch notes for AoC looking for the moment they decide to change up HoX and other classes majorly to make things interesting to try out again.
    You should check out testlive forum. Funcom put up patchnotes a few days ago. The hox is getting some changes Good or bad idk, seems like a mix.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBarb View Post
    You should check out testlive forum. Funcom put up patchnotes a few days ago. The hox is getting some changes Good or bad idk, seems like a mix.
    Whoa. Thanks for pointing that out to me. I was singing "Yes!" All the way down until I saw the Phoenix Cloak change. The changes overall are on the conservative side, (Insta-cast hellfire breath is STILL a feat? It's one reason why new players don't touch HoX) and no nerfs to the massive utility provided by RSoX that keeps other feats like PoT from coming into play, but still, good stuff to know, and potentially might make me download the game again to try stuff out.

The reason why I'm not that into T2 raid gear is:

A: It's not very good for most classes.

B: It's not possible to adjust T2 gear to your feats, and if you want other weapons than your class ones you can usually forget it.

C: You still need go get Khitai gear, as T2 will usually not be accepted at higher raids and dungeons.

What I would prefer is some armor pieces with options like you have with Khitai, and not be forced to adjust feats to the gear you have. I'm not saying it should be better than Khitai, but good enough to go play the game.

Anyways Funcom need to look at how players gear up in the game, beacuse it will be hard for some guilds to recruit for T5 considering how long it takes to gear up.

I would also prefer if I could start playing the game and have more options once I turn 80. Not waiting until I'm attuned for Hardmodes. In my experience the game can be a bit slow just after you reach 80, since there's few old world dungeons runs, and few Normal Mode dungeon runs.

Quote Originally Posted by JoelForPrez View Post
    The reason why I'm not that into T2 raid gear is:

A: It's not very good for most classes.

B: It's not possible to adjust T2 gear to your feats, and if you want other weapons than your class ones you can usually forget it.

C: You still need go get Khitai gear, as T2 will usually not be accepted at higher raids and dungeons.

What I would prefer is some armor pieces with options like you have with Khitai, and not be forced to adjust feats to the gear you have. I'm not saying it should be better than Khitai, but good enough to go play the game.

Anyways Funcom need to look at how players gear up in the game, beacuse it will be hard for some guilds to recruit for T5 considering how long it takes to gear up.

I would also prefer if I could start playing the game and have more options once I turn 80. Not waiting until I'm attuned for Hardmodes. In my experience the game can be a bit slow just after you reach 80, since there's few old world dungeons runs, and few Normal Mode dungeon runs.
    I will agree with you that T2 is not very good for most people. I ran some T2, but only to get gear to let me not die so much while farming Khitai blues, which could be hand-picked to fit one's playstyle much better despite having less stats overall than T2 gear. Imo, raids in general were just very time consuming for not much gain beyond T1. Better off doing 6-mans all day.

And if anything, I'd return to AoC just to try out new and good 6-mans that weren't so high-gear restricted. HoC was some of the most fun I had in AoC figuring out the more obscure bosses. Xibaluku was fun to run through the first few times. The Yag Loop was fun every time I did it, and even most the times when I failed.

I like that Funcom is trying to make PvP more appealing atm, as that was the one point in the game that I could never break into as a baddie. But to bring old players back to the PvE content, they need more than rehashing old dungeons as 'Unchained' for level 80. They need more entry level 80 content like HoC or stuff a couple steps above that aren't in Khitai to give players another option as a stepping stone to reaching T3/T4. Players already at T4 have the Palace of Cetriss to look forward to. But a lot of us stopped playing long before we got there.

You point out an important thing:
    Being able to have a say in what gear you are wearing. Token systems are very good for that, but not if you have similar tiers and linear progression there. Khitai faction gear is a good example for such a working system (though it has some inbalancies too, but i hope you get the meaning). They even managed to reflect a bit the factions in the gar (tigers offensive, scholars defensive etc.).

With raid gear, you can be content with t1 and try to get t4, because neither looks or stats change much within t2-t3 (yes, t3 is really more powerful, but you still have to put a lot of effort in it OR are boosted). So for people who just want to see the content, play casual or like to play in small groups these raids offer not much.

Still they seem to be fun a lot for others now (maybe even to those i mentioned earlier) and could attract a lot more with a few game mechanic changes or different design. This does not mean power approach only...they just have to offer something "unique" and have to be accessible. Devs should understand you can lure people with more than just more powerfull gear. And if you manage this, those are more likely to stay than those attracted by gear alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    So for people who just want to see the content, play casual or like to play in small groups these raids offer not much.
    We really need easymode raids. No loot, facerollable bosses, instant mountain of content for all nonT4farmers.

Alas, they're never gonna do the smart thing...

There are plenty of faceroll raids- and nobody does them...

Same with 6 mans- plenty of easy ones- and nobody does them...

Why? All people care about is the loot. At least with the new vanity stuuf, more veterans are getting into the t1 and 2 raids.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast