Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Discuss! Game Director Letter - June 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Keebler2 View Post
    Unchained dungeons have brought more interest in some of the older dungeons so fine with that, even would love to see some more. Aztel's Fortress or Onyx Chambers time-trial would be interesting.
    I'm actually surprised that Atzel's Fortress didn't get an unchained version. Maybe too many bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    recipes will be known in 2 weeks time and cynara will make extensive post in his blog with all combinations possible as well as some meaningless disertacion about basic statistics.

you will spam craft untill it crits and normal non crits will be trash.

grindcraft...
    But if you got a recipe that no one else had, why would tell anyone the combo? You would lose out.

I realise that will happen. I'm just saying - you'd be cutting your own throat. Financially speaking. It would be in your interest to say nothing.

Also, having a luck / crit based system means, as you say, going through large amounts of mats until you 'strike it lucky'. So, lots of mats will always be needed then I guess. Simply because you need to feed lots into the crafting process to create the occasional top end item. This makes farming mats worth it again, or at least selling mats as you play. The trick will be to make it so mats, any mats, are always being chased after.

The main issues though are 1) Making items that people actually want and 2) making sure all the mats are useful. Otherwise it'll end up like now, where there are a handful of good crafted items, and a handful of useful mats.

I always thought some sort of 'decay' on mats might work - you have to use them within a time period or they are useless. Otherwise they build up forever, and you have a situation like now, where their are mountains of mats and they are worthless. But again, that's a product of too many useless items to craft.

Maybe also make mats harder to get, rarer, not dropping so much. I don't know.
    Last edited by MashMash; 1st July 2014 at 23:28.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

1) I can't wait to see just how much T5 gear will trivialize existing dungeon content...

2) Crits in crafting is silly.

3) Access to Cimmeria raids from Dragonspine? We're going on a magical mystery tour over here.

4) So if unchained T1s are becoming T5, what happens to Cetriss? Preparing for T6 already or will it be more dumb **** with fractional tiers?

5) Will you be going DCUO on us and have the same instances getting unchained and ununchained and unununchained to grease the hamster wheel? It's a cheap way of making more content.

6) Forget these stupid raids. You should unchain more dungeons. Onyx and Atzel are overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post

6) Forget these stupid raids. You should unchain more dungeons. Onyx and Atzel are overdue.
    6 man dungeons don't keep guilds here. Raids do. Priority should be raids. Even if it is the same recycled junk, been doing t4 3 years now.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

- no update to guild renown problem (please just remove cap OR give all guilds a flat boost manually...or give all 20).

- nothing new for f2p

- are you thinking about more payment options since removing the bank withdrawal?

- take your time with crafting revamp. but please release conversion rules with enough time window up front. Don't develop this "in the dark" and then get surprised if the feedback is not as expected when you realease it too sudden. Involve more than TL community there.

I don't see crits as bad choice always. As written already elsewhere, it will depend a lot on the power of them. If the budget change lies in a few %, it can be fine. If it lies around the gap between green and blue now...it will fail surely as tomhet fears.

How about a faq and some more info about the crafting revamp? All we have are a few questions answered that contradict each other and the 2012 video.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 2nd July 2014 at 05:20.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    2) Crits in crafting is silly.
    It's cool, if you can make good items without crit, but with crit extra powerfull items.
    It is not interesting that just now you can buy 29 equal rings for low price.
    Last edited by Ernests; 2nd July 2014 at 06:17.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

A new crafting system is nice and all, so are the new raids (I hope they will be), but It doesn't change the fact that we will still be running around the same old zones when playing the game since no khitai sized expansion will be released.

That will probably get a bit boring sooner or later.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

1)"Make use of our seven pillars of encounter design"

What does this mean?

2)In what patch will the unchained T1 be released? I understand it's on 4.4 isn't it?
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Good news.

Although i hope T5 gear is not yet another straight power escalation, T4 being already ridiculous.
    I also hope the visuals for that gear brings fresh and new flavors.

And yes, less trash mobs please, some is ok, but when the instance is literally filled with trash, it just feels like a cheap time sink.

Finally, it's nice to hear the crafting revamp has not been abandoned. I believe that's the one thing that could be a game changer for the entire population.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post

Finally, it's nice to hear the crafting revamp has not been abandoned. I believe that's the one thing that could be a game changer for the entire population.
    I don't know... maybe is not abandoned but I wouldn't expect it before next summer.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast