Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: pvp advice

Quote Originally Posted by Spyroz View Post
    Just wondering what pvp lvl are you guys with tos? getting some great tips here, like i sayd i want to be decent at tos pvp and derfor looking at the best advice
    Most of the advice you got were from people who played for a long time. And they know what they are talking about, for a pvp 10 geared tos. I would approach this differently for you, as I have tos at all pvp and levels, I know where my frustration comes from at these levels.

Please keep in mind, this is my opinion only, and is certainly subject to debate. Its what I found to work for me. I have tried all of the things suggested here, but for my playstyle, this is it.

Survivability is your key at this level. I always offer the same advice to fresh start toons.

1. Prepare to die a lot, people will focus you. You will be forced early on to learn to not stand around and move a lot. This makes casting anything like coils or colum lightning a waste as you are forced to stand still IMO.

2. Early on, you will be a buff, debuff, healer bot. Your DPS will suck. You will not have top kills on the team like lirial who has the best gear in game.

3. Don't compare yourself to lirial. He's a good tos, but has the best gear, experienced, and understand each class he faces and how to play it. What sets him out, is he doesn't step beyond his team, knows when its time to leave, and has his rotation down pat. Plus he knows the other classes and how to battle them.

4. Duel. Spend time out and about dueling other classes. Learn what their burst is, when to move, when to CC, and when to run.

5. Never lead your team. Always stay behind them, not too far for the one off rogue looking for you, but close enough to heal and CC. Save your CCs to save yourself at this stage. Because minis are pug and selfish.

6. Always have food running, for stam - health - and mana. Always have several hundred health pots available.

7. Always begin to run if you have at least 2 peeps on you, don't run away from the group, but circle them and hope they help.

8. keep your AOEs up and running at all times, ignore LS for the most part. It does have its time and place but you will learn.

9. Don't pad camp. Especially now. Other players will take note and hopefully respect you for that. A tos on the pad camping is one way to get easy kills since your AOE is perfect for that situation, but don't do it. Respect your opponent.

10. Be prepared to get cursed out for bad healing, even when you heal. Just ignore most tells and say "your welcome" to those that compliment.

as for survivability, what lirial offered as a suggestion is good for duels and high level pvp or when you get gear. Right now, focus on learning the class, the situations you will be in, and your opponents.

Since its survivability, I do suggest the bubble. Even if you only get to use it twice a mini, it still can be a valuable tool. Remember the key is to not pop it the second you will die, use it situational-ly, where you need just one last ounce of life to help your team, whether it be capture the flag, destroy the totem, or get that heal off to let your team finish the opponents.

Let me explain the build I use. First, lets start at the bottom since that is where the build difference is. I use the bubble, but its no just the bubble I am after. You also get vital shock and vitality of set. Remember I said, I wouldn't worry about dps, these are focused on healing. Since I would focus on healing early on, these are geared just to that. The bubble is just 1 more point, so I just grab it. It also adds one dps spell to your rotation which is hard to argue against.

http://goo.gl/7u4qZx is what I use, but you need to read the advice of al the posts here, look at your playstyle, and adjust as needed. There is the general tree that may be beneficial to you early on as well, since it offers heals and protections. Feel free to hit me up in game any time as either mrcorp or ajayy if you want to chat.

Good luck, its the most well rounded class in game IMO, with heals, dps, CCs, buffs, debuffs, and etc. If you are not using every spell available, you need to keep working on your situational awareness, and it will come with practice.

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    listen to Laethiel advice, he is the best tos on fury atm
    While i appreciate the compliment its hardly anything plausible considering im probably the only tos on fury lol

My advice to op is experiment. thats the best way to learn.. just stay out of general tree except for pve purposes.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

The build Geldour posted actually isn't bad if you correct a few errors,
    for example:

5 points Idol of Set, a waste not going for Resonance

1/3 Coalesce Ether is debateable, if you only have one point to spare for more manafeat, Blood Mana will do more for you IMO.

Staggering Voice is too good not to have.

Armor is much more valueable to ToS than protection, considering you have Glorification and PotSR already.

http://goo.gl/YU7jLm

I'd also listen to what Ziggy is saying about Column + insta LS. This is my view about the spells too, and the reason I consider Laethiels build pretty bad.

3 points Thunder Storm?
    No Rousing Shock?
    4/6 Idol of Set?
    Some tos builds I see make no sense at all

But, hey. Don't listen to me. Im a Crom cryboy!

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    Don't listen to me. Im a Crom cryboy!
    This needed emphasis.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Thank you all for the good advice and tips i realy appreciate it, its good to see that the veterans of this game can spare a little time to help the new guys on the block, i will try the different builds and learn the class bit for bit as i progress threw the pvp lvls. and yes it can be a bit frustrated from time to time feeling like im the only one getting focused, becaus of low gear :/

Quote Originally Posted by Spyroz View Post
    Thank you all for the good advice and tips i realy appreciate it, its good to see that the veterans of this game can spare a little time to help the new guys on the block, i will try the different builds and learn the class bit for bit as i progress threw the pvp lvls. and yes it can be a bit frustrated from time to time feeling like im the only one getting focused, becaus of low gear :/
    Don't let that discourage you. Stay with it, and hit lirial or myself up for help any time in game.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    9. Don't pad camp. Especially now. Other players will take note and hopefully respect you for that. A tos on the pad camping is one way to get easy kills since your AOE is perfect for that situation, but don't do it. Respect your opponent.
    This is great advice, and is one of the many 'how to PvP and not be a complete prick about it'.

It's a pretty quick way to discourage the other team and end up with no-one to fight. Well, apart from that one time you pad-camped them and felt like a big man about it
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Lurvi makes sense, build posted is baaad

Quote Originally Posted by Geldour View Post
    listen to Laethiel advice, he is the best tos on fury atm
    ppfffttt i want anatu's build

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    ppfffttt i want anatu's build
    its not the build. A build does not make a player. I don't know how many times I can say this. Its the player making a build that fits their playstyle. If I gave you anatus build, lirials build, and my build, who do yu think you would do better with? You cant predict that because you don't know which one would best fit your style.

There isn't an I WIN build to TOS like there is for some melee classes. It takes a tad more than that. Also, when I played with Anatu, I noticed he didn't rotate his team buffs, nor did he do his debuffs in a rotation. Very confusing watching him, but I think he is still trying to figure it out. So I would bet, his build alters a little as he gets more in to it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast