Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ideas to make tos more viable in pvp

[QUOTE=Balacai;2078377]it's an incredibly strong class .

yea that must be why so many play them right?

rly tho all smart remarks aside i can see it being called a decent class but incredibly strong? cmon no way.
    Rage:GanksKahn pvp 8 Tos:fails at healing

[QUOTE=Gkahn;2078379]
    Quote Originally Posted by Balacai View Post
    it's an incredibly strong class .

yea that must be why so many play them right?

rly tho all smart remarks aside i can see it being called a decent class but incredibly strong? cmon no way.
    He's right about the debuffing, after reading some here I logged mine and with the right spec, and 4 seconds longer than what was said, you can actually debuff up to -40% to electrical, cold, and fire with an additional -1,250 loss in protection just by yourself.

However, about running oom, I did just about to reach all that. So in a mix of t2/k6 faction and blue accessories, you will run oom.

If your running full T4, probably not because the taps from your damage will have much more dps to work with then what I had at only 823 magic damage. Also, if you fully feat faith of set out in your AA tree it's basically there when you need it. So yet again, you need a decent amount of AA and better than just 2 pieces of k6 gear to not have mana problems. That's a gear issue sometimes, not a player one.

As for Storm Blood, if your running a Fangs spec that might not be a viable option.

All in all, I think everyone can agree with just basic gear the tos has mana problems, actually or casters do while melee with just a pot have no stamina management at all. My barb can spam combos all day and never get below 50% stam with a pot in blue tiger gear, my guard as well, so on and so on. All of my casters have mana issues except for those geared above K6 and near full AA.
    Doomsayer 2008

It doesn't result in -25% to tanks because you are removing invulnerability not a set percentage of protection. Torments are more effective than -% invulnerability I think. Also storm crown does not always proc. It has a "chance" to apply a torment and that's every 4 seconds.

Testing on a straw man is not even close to testing this against a guard. Try it out in the arena and you will see it's not as great as it appears on paper.

ToS has free blue heals if they are doing DPS. Sometimes you need to throw multiple blue heals in a row so someone on your team doesn't die because they "miss" the heal. This eats mana like crazy. Static blood is up to 10% .. try using that against a tank and tell me it's a great ability. If your storm field crit a tank for 1000 damage (rarely going to happen unless they are in frenzy) you return 100 hp. Usually storm field hits a tank for about 200-350 depending on the type of tank and their build. Other spells like column lightning sometimes don't even hit for 1000. Let's just be honest here about the class shall we?

Even if you could pull 1k damage on a tank every second it's not going to save you. In 10 seconds that's 1k HP. LoL. The effect is done and it's over.

The time that static blood is good is when you have a bunch of people standing around and you can root them all. But there is no way you are going to stand out there for 10 seconds to try and HP leech people and not expect to die. This ability does not allow you to "push" like a tank.
    Last edited by sanagav; 7th December 2013 at 15:59.

hmmm... ToS is perfectly viable in pvp, yes it's weak in duels, but in mini games ToS is great... the only thing i would change is to give back Degradation of Set which was removed in the revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Fsen View Post
    the main problem is the protection on soldier armors..you shouldnt compare it with soldiers only,,what about rogues,casters and other priest classes..
    the solution is not buffing tos, they should balance soldier's protection again.
    Your Storm Field hits Rigby for 166 electrical damage.
    Your Storm Field hits Freetank for 308 electrical damage.
    Your Storm Crown hits Rigby for 176 electrical damage.
    Your Triumphant Life of Set crits Freetank for 332 electrical damage.
    Your Storm Charge hits Aniimus for 179 electrical damage.
    Your Storm Field crits Aniimus for 931 electrical damage.
    Your Storm Field hits Freetank for 130 electrical damage.
    Your Storm Field crits Freetank for 229 electrical damage.

At least we agree on something.. so instead of nerfing tanks which will cause more complaints.. bring ToS debuffing up to snuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrefaeli View Post
    hmmm... ToS is perfectly viable in pvp, yes it's weak in duels, but in mini games ToS is great... the only thing i would change is to give back Degradation of Set which was removed in the revamp.
    lol u state it is great and instead of tweaking it slightly u ask for HUGE buff..

i have played tos once or twice in PVP and would have to agree its pretty well balanced soldiers are just way out of wack with t4 weps and pvp gears atm.
    I honestly couldnt say i think tos needs any work done to it if your spamming blues or wasting mana doing dumb stuff then yes you will be constantly out of mana.
    Tos Debuffs like crazy deff no problem there.
    I will say and this is from playing every class in game it might just be me but damn it feels like tos is the slowest class at a normal run haha
    Like most classes (not a high geared tank) tos is very group dependent and with no help like everyone else you will be melted quick no matter how good you are.
    Last edited by Osireis; 7th December 2013 at 18:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurski View Post
    lol u state it is great and instead of tweaking it slightly u ask for HUGE buff..
    it's a small buff compared to the other suggestions here like extending SF duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrefaeli View Post
    it's a small buff compared to the other suggestions here like extending SF duration.
    Ye but those are retarded suggestions, I think old way may too powerfull.. But this topic v pointless as fc won't touch tos ever again anyways

ToS damage is fine. The only problem with the ToS is that if your not geared above T2 and a decent amount of AA spent in reducing the faith with set AA you will have mana problems.

Like I said in an older post, any caster toon I have that is at least K6 or above geared and close to 75%+ AA I have no mana or dps problems with. It's only the alts that I have invested little or no time in to get at least full k6 gear that have issues, like my ToS is who mostly T2 an T1 and my necro who is only in culture gear.

As far as mana issue though, during pvp a lot of that comes from being forced to stay in combat through bleeds, dots, and debuffs. For me on my ToS, I know my problem is trying to blue idiots that don't group up and I am wasting multiple casts of the blue heal to keep a bad team alive when my mana pool because of gear is not the best, when you have limited mana you do feel the costs of the ToS spells much more than a fully geared toon.
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast