Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: What's wrong with this game?

You guys joined the wrong raids
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Raiding stopped being fun after they released t3. After t3 you were not allowed to talk anymore, it was super serious time that made you want to cut your wrists, you were forced to play specific classes, and unless you were one of the chosen of your guild you waited a year to see any worthwhile loot. At which point the PvP T3 gear was better as long as you had access to constant supply of drugs to do bori 6 days a week for 8 months to hit 10 and joined one of two guild which held bori all day every day except for 4-6 am in the morning. By the time you finished getting that you realized the weapons sucked, went back to t3, just for t3.5 to be released, tried joining the 1 of 2 guilds who could actually finish it, and by that time t4 was here and you were waiting for your go around in a cloud farm, only to see the t3 pvp weapons and armor to be the better again and finally you had a use for all those useless pvp tokens you had been saving for 3+ years.

It's hard to imagine how much time one wasted with this game when you think back and reflect how often Funcom tried to make most people move with their awesome "updates". I still think the 2.2 (or whatever one it was) was the best, where a single ranger trap and a naked bleeding puncture with the right feat points could drop anyone in 6 seconds or less regardless of class, stats, or mitigation, and drain all your stamina and mana even faster.
    if there is something good in your post is that it made me laugh!!

t3 is still the most fun raid in this game. of course some fights can be frustrating when you play with people that doesn't even know how to watch a castbar, but also in pvp you need to check what your opponents are doing, don't you think??
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by ckirmser View Post
    I'm one I those who prefer to play alone. I may help others out, if I encounter them as I'm adventuring, but I don't join with anyone. For example, last night I was out collecting demon teeth in the Egliphobian - however that tongue-twister is spelled - Mountains and there was someone else doing the same. He ran into a bit of trouble and I'd help him out. But, I didn't join up with him.

My only problem with MMOs in general is that, too often, the good toys are hidden within areas that require, maybe not explicitly, large groups. Don't get me wrong, AoC is probably THE best MMO out there, but I want to adventure, not raid.

I'd like to see more detailed NPCs and towns. I think it'd be cool if AoC incorporated a companion system like SWTOR has, maybe along the lines of hiring an NPC to tag along. I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of random casual encounter algorithm, something that would make visiting the local tavern interesting, without having to develop a full-blown quest.

But, anyway, for me, at least, the game is a blast. Now, if I can just convince my friends to join in...
    No, you're right. Don't even think about getting any gear worth having without joining a raid (24 people) I could see it being okay for larger games, but with the AoC population the way it is I'm surprised funcom isn't catering more to solo players.

May be you don't know, but PUGs kill all T4 bosses and first T5 boss

Even T5 raid can be fun with right players

I agree with post above, you guys just joined the wrong raids

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    if there is something good in your post is that it made me laugh!!

t3 is still the most fun raid in this game. of course some fights can be frustrating when you play with people that doesn't even know how to watch a castbar, but also in pvp you need to check what your opponents are doing, don't you think??
    T3 is a joke compared to when it was first released. No one was having any fun in the first 60 days it launched, hence only one guild on US servers only trickled gear until they changed it 3x. Not everyone enjoys raiding, and that's all the game became about (IE gear based), which was my point.

There used to be a time you simply could make a character, get to 80, buy some crafted armor, and be instantly competitive and have fun without any grind.
    Doomsayer 2008

T3 is a joke compared to when it was first released. No one was having any fun in the first 60 days it launched, hence only one guild on US servers only trickled gear until they changed it 3x. Not everyone enjoys raiding, and that's all the game became about (IE gear based), which was my point.

There used to be a time you simply could make a character, get to 80, buy some crafted armor, and be instantly competitive and have fun without any grind.
    It's funny how people in that forum pretend what only US guilds and US players exist in AoC. No wonder why people thinks what US guilds and US raids so boring

T3 is a joke compared to when it was first released. No one was having any fun in the first 60 days it launched, hence only one guild on US servers only trickled gear until they changed it 3x.
    At least four French guilds were killing the first three bosses of T3 in the first three months after the release of the instance, before they nerfed it. That would make France four times more effective than USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

What are you talking about? There were plenty of US guilds killing bosses in T3 when it launched.

2 US guilds were actively killing bosses in t3 at launch. Ascendant and Usual Suspects. I was in both lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    2 US guilds were actively killing bosses in t3 at launch. Ascendant and Usual Suspects. I was in both lol
    Way more that that.

Furious, UBL, Meridian, RA, TTL, Dark Fury, Prophets, TEG just off the top of my head, there were more than that.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast