Thread: Lvling ToS feat choices

Default Lvling ToS feat choices

First off, let me say hi, I'm new to AoC but not to MMOs. I rolled a ToS a few days ago and have made it out of Tortage and into Khemi. I am lvl 24 and I have alot of questions to be honest. I know from other games the choices you make with what talent (Feats) isn't exactly super important during the early leveling period, but I would still like to know where to start ?

Is it better to start in Lightning or Thunder? Should I be shooting for specific feats that will help me level? Are there ones I should avoid?

I choose this class because I like to pull more then one enemy at a time and I like classes that can get heals from damage and do some self healing to survive. I can't really say I've been able to do that yet. The healing I understand is different than other MMOs and at this stage seems very ineffective. Thats actually not such a bad thing, it kind of makes things challenging.

So I guess my other questions are, do the heals get stronger? Is it possible to build out a ToS as AOE/life return for lvling? Is that viable ?

Any help from some of you vets out there would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I did not play my ToS that much since the revamp of the class, so take my advice with a grain of salt, but I'll give my two cents.
    At higher level, it's managable to pull up the aggro of a few mogb and get away with it, leaving nothing but shocked corpse on your feet.

I did built a AOE/heal for leveling and it was perfectly viable. Now I enjoy from time to time switching to a more DPS build to test the new toys the revamps introduced or modify, but I still play more as a AoE/heal.

I'm not an expert in any way, but you'll probably want to go a bit more on Thunder. You have very quickly a feat that grant 100% immunity and you'll end up with a very nice bubble (that probably saved my ass more than I'd want to admit it), and more powerfull AoE spell.

Lighthing is more focused on the DPS and you can really empowered your base lighnting spell in a nice, powerfull way to do mono-target dps; but I've always like stormfield more. (At the time, Lighting was pretty much underpowered compared to StormField before the revamp, so I never bothered learn to play with, to be honest).
    Last edited by Jaedelyia; 15th April 2013 at 17:44.

I believe around that level I was using Spark Storm pretty effectively. So I'd say Lightning.

But you can try either, see which you like better.

Quote Originally Posted by nitehawk View Post
    First off, let me say hi, I'm new to AoC but not to MMOs. I rolled a ToS a few days ago and have made it out of Tortage and into Khemi. I am lvl 24 and I have alot of questions to be honest. I know from other games the choices you make with what talent (Feats) isn't exactly super important during the early leveling period, but I would still like to know where to start ?

Is it better to start in Lightning or Thunder? Should I be shooting for specific feats that will help me level? Are there ones I should avoid?

I choose this class because I like to pull more then one enemy at a time and I like classes that can get heals from damage and do some self healing to survive. I can't really say I've been able to do that yet. The healing I understand is different than other MMOs and at this stage seems very ineffective. Thats actually not such a bad thing, it kind of makes things challenging.

So I guess my other questions are, do the heals get stronger? Is it possible to build out a ToS as AOE/life return for lvling? Is that viable ?

Any help from some of you vets out there would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Welcome. As the former advocate known as mrcorp, I am more than willing to offer my perspective and advice. I have leveled 6 tos in the game and have only 2 at level 80. The others I leave at low levels for testing and such.

Until you hit 60, I would sta in the lightning tree. The burst dps is amazing, and you get nice buffs for mana and such. I would keep a staff for the extra dps as well. Once you hit 60, or at least I wait until then, then switch to shield and malice and go thunder aoe.

at 24, I would go with this, or at least this is what I run at 24. http://goo.gl/ZXnAi

If you find you are having a hard time staying alive, you are either pulling too many mobs or are just not targeting correctly. Which is a good thing because you can learn from this. In pvp, I also owned minis with this build. Target clothies and medium, and you will do well.

Heals do get stronger as you progress, but its important to know that your heals only hit you for half of what they hit everyone else for. Look for gear with magic damage and/or constitution to boost health. eat 4 hour food (is there food at this level?) and have lots and lots of potions with you. I keep about 300 on me at all times. There are also some AAs that will help heal as well as a feat in the general tree that will boost the self heal and your health, but don't look at that stuff yet. That's later in your life.

Welcome to what I consider the best class in game, with heals, dps, buffs, debuffs, we are the only class that can truly do it all.