Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are there resources for class/role stat weights?

seems like someone played too much crappy mmos

play aoc and don't care about soft caps! yay

Ya AoC is kinda different. You need to worry about hit rating but only after you get to khitai at level 80. More so when in t4.
    Armor mitigation deminishes after 50% Only an issue for soldier classes.
    Ummm Thats all i can think of at the moment. Honestly play the game join a guild and you will learn alot of this as you play and talk to ppl and raid. Most everyone will help you out in game.
    But seriously if you wanna run numbers and stats good luck. ALot of these numbers are only known for sure to funcom and some they probably dont know anymore.

As for what you want to max. DPS above all else. Pretty much doesnt matter what class. Obviously as a tank your going to want armor and con as you will need this about of mitigation for this fight or that and x amount of health or x amount of protection. But alot of that comes into play only for this fight or that.

If your in fight and your dying to fast try armor with more mitigation instead of dps. Find your getting killed by casters put on some armor with protection. Thats how it works here. After awhile you will know either from talking with ppl or from personal experience.

AoC is just different in that reguard.
    Last edited by Aylis; 16th August 2014 at 08:13.

there are also some thresholds for armor and protection that you need to reach to be able to tank in raids/groups and not be melted in a few seconds...
    now i don't remember the values, because i never liked to tank and i never did it above t2, but it should be something around 48% armor for t1 and 50% for t2...

hopefully, some proper tank can give you more informations about this...

ps: there is an old thread about this, but it doesn't give that much information: link
    Last edited by Yawgmoth-VDN; 16th August 2014 at 10:33.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

thats nothing you need to achieve, it just happens when you equip proper tank equip, rest is exp

Thank You all for your replies and assistance. I don't know if I will seriously tank after 80. Tanking is something I've always liked trying to do, but I have never been very good at it. It is nice to know there aren't many softcaps and that there is no set best setup as far as gear. Will be a nice change of pace. Now if I can quit finding bugged quests...The Cimmerian chain seems to have a lot of them...

That much math would suck any kind of entertainment value out of a game. Why would anyone would want to become an accountant in a fantasy world of swords and sorcery?

That said, there's a certain pecking order of items that you're gonna need to progress further up the pve chain. Some items are useless, some are too good and tanks are the ones who have most to gain or lose with gearing up. Also at some point somewhere above the halfway point, soldiers who cannot tank are rendered worthless. But that's far away for a new player and you can go about your business as a dps spec soldier.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12