Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy T4 tactics?

Default Crazy T4 tactics?

Just out of curiosity -
    has anyone had successfully tried "crazy" T4 tactics?
    Speedkill methods or the like?

Possibly like....

- Tanked Sheng near the right lever, with the raid close by?

- Burned the Imp without porting?

- Killed two Zodiak bosses in parallel?

- Burned the Emperor's Kang Zhai Golems right in the AoE around the emperor, or his mirrors?

- Killed the entity without caring much on projections, just with like 18 ranged DD's or so?

---

Just to get some inspiration, what is/might be possible, before T4 gets too boring...
    Last edited by Marlekin; 4th April 2013 at 11:20.

Some of the tactics you suggested hardly could work imo:

- Sheng near lever will wipe all the raid with Cyclone / Sky Pierce.
    - Two Zodiac bosses... mmhh.. meteor and other stuff.. can't really work
    - Kang Zai near emperor will create much trouble with Blade, and also aggro control, etc.
    - What you mean by adds? Projections? Vivifier/Xenomaster/Apotheosys? In any case you need to take care of them.

Just first things that come in my mind.
    Looks like "hard" (or impossible) mode than speedkill imo.

Imp not porting is the only tactic you listed that works I think, but I have never done it like that and I don't think it will make kill quicker.
    Imp speedkill is when you get instance with middle door open from start (aka bugged instance).
    Last edited by Calore; 4th April 2013 at 11:22.

Yes projections, corrected that.

Of course the suggestions are hard, but outright impossible? It's about increasing the damage dramatically, at the price of raising the difficulty bar, of course.... and - to think outside the box!

E.g. in T3, at Toth Amon, we used to do 2 riddles in parallel, after someone suggested this in a similar thread for T3. I thought "nonsense" at first thought, "interesting" on second thought, and once we got it, I noticed it's actually not only faster, but also more stable than the common tactic...

Quote Originally Posted by Marlekin View Post
    - Tanked Sheng near the right lever, with the raid close by?
    Should be possible. Heard rummors someone tried that with most (all?) minibosses kited and succeed.

Burned the Imp without porting?
    Would require soldiers stacking. 3 for one room to kill flasheaters and go afk after that. 1-2 for boss. And 2 for each plant in room where boss is. Not worth trying.

Killed two Zodiak bosses in parallel?
    Not possible.
    Due to:
    - constellation debuff. No one would left for 6-mans. And spawning 2nd boss using same team 50sec after prievious, so when it's at ~45-55% don't have any purpose.
    - buffs from spirits - if you would try to tank animals having meteor on same side so get Tiger to Kappa or Quillin to Spider (is possible to have both spirits at same point ~1min from starting encouter) they are opposite season manifestations, so would be buffed full time staying next to same season spirit
    - meteor - tanking Tiger or Kappa with Spider/Quilin is not possible

- Burned the Emperor's Kang Zhai Golems right in the AoE around the emperor, or his mirrors?
    Fully Possible. But require well organized team. Blade isn't problem. Mortal Affliction could be, but it's possible to coounter that with having Mortal Affliction target running away from side where you tank Golems. Just once every minute when you have Golems and Mortal together.

Killed the entity without caring much on projections, just with like 18 ranged DD's or so?
    Possible.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

What do you mean by 18 ranged and not caring about projections? It describes what I thought is the standard tactic.

Thanks for your input, bogus.

Missi, we have usually on left side DT+BS+barb+ConqDW and on right side DT+BS+Sin+DmgGuard+ one other DD; and they kill each projection.

Other raids kill the projections up to 50% or 30% then no more.

I haven't tried leaving the projections untanked, or just with DT+BS, plus 2 for the electric spawns, rest Ranged DPS. Is that what you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    What do you mean by 18 ranged and not caring about projections? It describes what I thought is the standard tactic.
    Some guilds kill one or both projections to lessen bombard

I haven't tried leaving the projections untanked, or just with DT+BS, plus 2 for the electric spawns, rest Ranged DPS. Is that what you do?
    Untanked would be a suicide - they will randomly one-shot clothies if they reach 4-5 stacks. 2 tanks and 1 heal on each projection just to keep them occupied work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    Some guilds kill one or both projections to lessen bombard
    It doesn't take much to tank shelf bombardment if you have 3 competent healers and necros - why make stuff complex, if you can do it in the most hamfisted manner? The only bombardments that really hurt are the one close to the projections, but tanks and BS can tank all of them save for the last 1-2.
    Last edited by Misiuggah; 4th April 2013 at 12:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    We kill both projections. A group on each one and use 12 ranged. Makes the fight less of a bore when melee is somewhat engaged. Also lets the range be in SW longer since you don't take the bombardment that often. But I know other guilds that just use one tank and healer on each projection to keep it busy while they use 20 range.

I don't like the full raid nuke on the boss. Its uncontrolled and sloppy as its pretty much "kill him before the projections pick us off" type of thing.
    Strategos of Immortal Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Haybreed View Post
    We kill both projections. A group on each one and use 12 ranged. Makes the fight less of a bore when melee is somewhat engaged. Also lets the range be in SW longer since you don't take the bombardment that often. But I know other guilds that just use one tank and healer on each projection to keep it busy while they use 20 range.

I don't like the full raid nuke on the boss. Its uncontrolled and sloppy as its pretty much "kill him before the projections pick us off" type of thing.
    We tried various strats such as kill both projections, kill only one - run back and forth (that was a cluster). And finally just did the standard 2 tank, 1 heal on each side with the rest ranged.. Silly, but normally we can kill it at 4 stacks so no one dies, unless lag spike.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast