Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: No gd letter today?

Quote Originally Posted by Elleanorr View Post
    Why guild renown wasnt fixed yet? I will tell you why. Because Funcom has no f***ing clue how to fix it. Or dear funcom devs are u tring to tell us its so complicated that it takes a year?
    I completely agree, but it's bad business to come out and say "We have no idea what to do".

Renown bug is pretty much in the same boat as the minigame bug, invisible horse, missing cages in Northern Grasslands, electrical/fire/unholy fatalities that don't go away after you die, transmorphs like void essence & fermented brain juices that bug out once you die, etc.
    Last edited by Fearthis; 31st August 2014 at 19:10.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBarb View Post
    Telling the GD off now are we?
    My answer was directed to Elleanorr
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    And to make it clear, I have had a team member focused only on the crafting revamp for over a year now. Just working on crafting. That should give you some idea of the scope.
    To be honest, the old crafting system is excellent and innovative. The new system will not annoy the general population as long as the old crafting group and raid system are intact and the new trade skill system does not bring items more powerful than the ones offered by the old one.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    To be honest, the old crafting system is excellent and innovative. The new system will not annoy the general population as long as the old crafting group and raid system are intact and the new trade skill system does not bring items more powerful than the ones offered by the old one.
    Agreed 100%, although there are some usable items in the current system such as some accessories, Ibises and T3 crafted stuff that need to be toned down to, around lvl70 green stuff.

To be honest, the old crafting system is excellent and innovative.
    looks like your standard crafting system to me. You go out & collect recipes to learn how to make certain items, then you need to farm the mats required to make it in resource zones. Each item has it's own set of static stat's and that's it.

nothing innovative about it.
    Last edited by Fearthis; 1st September 2014 at 16:32.

What is innovative about the current crafting system? Its simple and boring.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

From what I understand so far the new crafting system will allow players to improve and modify the standart crafting recipes, getting different results with the components and ingredients you mix up. That is a far more interesting system, that rewards and incentive trial and error, making it virtually limitless. Or at least, increase the variables so that players can keep exploring it for a large period of time. Im curious about the resource nodes and gathering, as well as the use of the existing items. How they implemebt this will have a major impact in the new system success. We all can agree that mechanically hitting rocks and trees suck any fun out of crafting. And the post lvl 80 crafted items became completely outdaded the moment khitai was released.

The possibility of creating your own epic recipe, maybe even legendary items, will be priceless. The sad part is the change is coming too late down the road. Population is so small the trade economy is nom existent. Most players that were into crafting probably left the game a long time ago and I doubt a new crafting system will suffice their return. Im looking forward to it nonetheless. Anything fresh in this game is something.

To be honest, the old crafting system is excellent and innovative.
    I don't see anything innovative the current/old crafting system. There wasn't anything that wasn't present in "classic" WoW years before, with the exception of quests instead of experience giving you new crafting levels. Yay. Innovation. Excitement.
    Actually, WoW crafting was more useful to the game balance and fun (better: "less not-fun") in my opinion. Crafting in AoC was/is sheer grind with very, very luck based recipe acquirement. I dare say I can invent a better and more innovative crafting system in an afternoon than what AoC has currently.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

I.e., in your view, a crafting system is excellent and innovative if it is dead.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

wow still no gd later ... "fc" is so lame ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast