Thread: Speaking of *!@#$ happens*

Default Speaking of *!@#$ happens*

Interesting timing on this. SOE having some serious issues across all games and message boards atm.

From EQ2Wire.com

We are in the process of researching this issue, but it looks like the domain registration for the domain SonyOnline.net expired this morning, reverting back to being the property of NetworkSolutions. While SOE did not use the domain publicly, preferring SOE.com, the aforementioned domain contains all of the nameservers (ns2.sonyonline.net, ns4.sonyonline.net, ns6.sonyonline.net) which route users to SOE’s websites and forums, as well as connecting to its games.

For the last 20 minutes or so, we have been monitoring the situation. We’ve seen the forums and websites briefly become accessible before going dark again. It’s possible that conflicting DNS information is propagating out there, preventing users from reliably connecting to SOE’s websites, forums, and games.

It seems plausible that the expiration notices from NetworkSolutions have been going to an unread e-mail address at SOE for the last few weeks and NS finally decided to reclaim this one. The expiration for SonyOnline.net was set for 26-may-2014, while today, July 15th, is some 7 weeks later. That’s some grace period!

So Funcom had issues yesterday, and SOE has issues today...will WOW and the other MMOs have issues this week too?

It has to be coincidence, but its still strange. Funcom doesn't have many of these 'server/forum blurps' and two MMOs within two days?

But whatever happened yesterday, they locked the thread and swept it under the rug to pretend it never happened. Simple explanation was too much to ask for?
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    But whatever happened yesterday, they locked the thread and swept it under the rug to pretend it never happened. Simple explanation was too much to ask for?
    Do you really need an in-depth explanation you're unlikely to even fully understand unless you have an education/deep interest in IT? They said they had an issue, and they fixed it quickly. **** happens in every online game now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    Do you really need an in-depth explanation you're unlikely to even fully understand unless you have an education/deep interest in IT? They said they had an issue, and they fixed it quickly. **** happens in every online game now and then.
    I actually do work in IT. So yes, I am a nerd when it comes to computers and technology, and I also do have an education unlike most people. I would actually understand an in-depth explanation although it wouldn't be required as I am sure the Community Manager probably doesn't have a clue.

Why did you feel the need to attack me? Were you that butt-hurt about my request? Don't understand random people like you.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

I actually do work in IT. So yes, I am a nerd when it comes to computers and technology, and I also do have an education unlike most people. I would actually understand an in-depth explanation although it wouldn't be required as I am sure the Community Manager probably doesn't have a clue.

Why did you feel the need to attack me? Were you that butt-hurt about my request? Don't understand random people like you.
    why did you feel the need to attack the community manager?

Quote Originally Posted by Geldour View Post
    why did you feel the need to attack the community manager?
    why not?

/10char
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Interesting that you interpreted my post as an attack, as I was being fairly civil... Nothing random about it though. I'm simply tired of this whiny, masochistic perspective almost every AoC player has. Funcom is well-deserving of many criticisms yes, but half the complaints people lodge against FC are valid for just about any company in the entire game industry.