Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Star Citizen

Thumbs up Star Citizen

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/

This game went from awesome on day 1 just for being Wing Commander/Freelancer re-launch to quite possibly being The space game.

$30mil funding and counting very fast ..

...just goes to show what I've been saying since I last played Freelancer, must have another space trading game to play! Also it has been picking up steam, since more are realising it will be a flipping good game with that much cash and good ideas.

Going to book whole of December 2014 off work right now
    Last edited by Invino; 24th November 2013 at 10:31.

I'm also looking forward to this, as I'm a huge fan of X-Wing / Privateer / Freelancer / Descent Freespace.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

So is he basically going for EVE but with better control (first person) over your ships?

It looks interesting but I was quickly turned off at the fact they're selling ships for huge sums of real world cash. The pay to win will most likely end as soon as game is released, yes?
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

It is not an MMO per se .. so the whole pay to win doesn't quite apply, although the prices are silly, as far as I am aware, everything is obtainable in-game.

Although I for one welcome their ingenuity in draining some big sums from some folks with more money than sense. Never understood the lure of paying $100s to get shortcut to a game you are playing .. why bother playing in the 1st place?

Thing is .. Freelancer still has people hosting servers .. 10 years on, I still have the CD on my shelf and every once in a while really get the urge to install it again. But I know all the shortcuts to getting Nomad ships fast which just makes half the game obsolete.

This thing is going to be huge and very much loved by the fans of this dude's work and there are many.
    Last edited by Invino; 9th October 2013 at 17:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Invino View Post
    It is not an MMO per se .. so the whole pay to win doesn't quite apply, although the prices are silly, as far as I am aware, everything is obtainable in-game.

Although I for one welcome their ingenuity in draining some big sums from some folks with more money than sense. Never understood the lure of paying $100s to get shortcut to a game you are playing .. why bother playing in the 1st place?

Thing is .. Freelancer still has people hosting servers .. 10 years on, this thing is going to be huge and very much loved by the fans of this dude's work and there are many.
    How is it not an mmo? It seems like a more involved EVE. Do you disagree?

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

I am not sure how to quantify it really, tho unless they changed the original idea when I wasn't paying attention, it was never meant to be an MMO.

Is an online multiplayer game like BF/CoD kinda. Freelancer was not an MMO but you can play it online with others ... I know they should just call it an MMO

Star Citizen will offer both single-player and multiplayer gameplay. The single-player part, that you will be able to play offline, will be like any other traditional game with a central story and a campaign. Chris explained that the idea is that after finishing the single-player experience the player is invited to enroll in the multiplayer experience where you will be able to immerse yourself into a persistent open universe (a bit like in EVE Online or World of Warcraft), and invite your friends to play in what he called “combat instances”.
    http://www.spacesector.com/blog/2012...ace-sim-spmmo/

Hibernation Mode: for the explorers out there, we will add the ability to save and resume while you are out in space. When not in combat, power your ship down, hit the bunk, and exit the game safely until you can resume your journey.
    - at $16mil funding they added this feature.
    Last edited by Invino; 9th October 2013 at 17:25.

I'll have to do a bit more digging then before pledging any money. A new eve with better space combat was too good to be true, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    How is it not an mmo?
    Good luck running your own moddable EvE server, something which is in the SC spec.
    shoryuken

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    I'll have to do a bit more digging then before pledging any money. A new eve with better space combat was too good to be true, I guess.
    Better still download Freelancer and see what I mean, is DRM free so no crack needed even for pirate. My CD is buggered so I keep a download copy.

I doubt there is a better game to be remade for modern PC power and internet. It is vast .. Elder Scrolls world is smaller by comparison.

I think more cash they get, more MMOy it will become.

Dammit .. now I have to install Freelancer again, this whole chat got me flashbacking.
    Last edited by Invino; 9th October 2013 at 18:57.

Installed Freelancer again and found a overhaul mod released in June this year ..hehe, people remembered it with SC coming out.

I can host a zip file of the game if anyone wants (PM me ofc), and since its Micro(we don't care about piracy, as long as they pirate ours)Soft and can't actually find the game to buy any longer. Also http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/...es/freelancer/

and you want the Genesis 1.1 mod http://www.moddb.com/games/freelancer/downloads it is flipping brilliant for any FL fan, has 1920x1200 res setting now too. I can trade in Endangered Animals, Bananas and Tourists

Holy crap this FL mod is awesome! Finally a reason to play the game again without the clunky 2003 DX8 1600x1200 res UI. FL even now looks good in Vanilla, with this mod it actually does not look like it is from 2003, but more 2010. If FL with this mod was released today, it would sell .. no joke. Almost everything that was annoying or outdated in original FL, is now working. Planets even rotate
    Last edited by Invino; 11th October 2013 at 10:10.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast