Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Balance rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by ieronymous View Post
    Ha!ha!whatever people say..u will always have something to counter-oppose, which makes the probability of having a constructive discussion with u -absolutely impossible...So since u insist so much..Just roll a ranger and be done with it..i am done with u..!!!
    Blah! blah!blah!and so on..and so fourth..!!!
    I play a ranger, which I base my findings on. Everything I comment on about this class is from that perspective actually. The fact I can survive with just 10.1 magical resistance and hardly ever die on a lowbie ranger proves everything I say. In fact when I do die, it's only because of bad positioning, not my gear or class. Rangers have every tool + more to get away without hardly trying.

I think you forget I play 7 other classes.
    Doomsayer 2008

There needs to be a class that is easy to play and where you can get some sense of achievement here and there. You know, it's for your girlfriend/wife or your grandma you love and enjoy spending time together in aoc. They are customers, too. Ranger is the class to recommend for this clientele. Nerfing the high and ridiculous easy to apply burst damage of rangers will take away the argument of getting a sense of achievement so that's no option.

The tools for survival however don't just need some finetuning, they need a heavy smash with the nerfbat. I will be going f2p again. So whenever a ranger sitting on a rock pops out of stealth and shoots into my back from 30m away after I started a fight with another melee I can at least say to myself I am not paying for this ****.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    It's actually the other way around, it's possible to have a conversation with Suctum and impossible to have one with you, ever.
    And who is u?I don't seem to recall ever talkin to u...I don't know u dude...Cheers..!!!!
    "To the Humble He gives His Grace.....From the Proud He Hides His Face"

Quote Originally Posted by Wheya View Post
    There needs to be a class that is easy to play and where you can get some sense of achievement here and there. You know, it's for your girlfriend/wife or your grandma you love and enjoy spending time together in aoc. They are customers, too. Ranger is the class to recommend for this clientele. Nerfing the high and ridiculous easy to apply burst damage of rangers will take away the argument of getting a sense of achievement so that's no option.

The tools for survival however don't just need some finetuning, they need a heavy smash with the nerfbat. I will be going f2p again. So whenever a ranger sitting on a rock pops out of stealth and shoots into my back from 30m away after I started a fight with another melee I can at least say to myself I am not paying for this ****.
    Quality literature
    Funcom's Latency Detonation crits you for 4800 millisecond damage. Claret died.

No we don't. We need it harder to play cause if you want easy to play roll a demo.

Rangers need to be harder to play to make them give you a sense of achievement cause atm it's a joke and if you get achievement from playing this pos version of the ranger then please uninstall the game and never come back cause people like you are the reason we have this pos
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

I do not play casters.

Each time a new mmo comes out I google something like aoc pvp vs gw2 pvp or eso pvp vs aoc pvp. Each time people who don't play aoc anymore still praise the combo system. They all left not because of the combo system but because of various other reasons. The combo system, the melee combat and the required movement is the unique strenght of this game.

Funcom however knows better. They don't build on their strong (the combo system) point. They are already market leader in this category. Instead they also deliver at the same time an even stronger (I tab, I click, I kill - that's skill) caster system.

Now they not only have the best melee system on market but also an even better caster system because casters kill melees. Sounds weird? Yes, but that's probably the way Funcom thinks. Funcom probably thinks ranger is the best invention they ever had. It is so popular, it must be a good design.

- Remove mezz shot and replace it with some additional dmg like barb from stealth attack.
    - Remove all cc's from traps and replace them with some magic dmg like that fire trap.
    - Remove mana and stamina drain from traps
    - Remove the evade bubble
    - Remove additional speed.
    Do all this and give ranger 2 melee combos for this. After that I assume majority of rangers will still get a positiv kd and even your grandma will make kills here and there. This is how OP rangers are imho.

I do not play casters.

Each time a new mmo comes out I google something like aoc pvp vs gw2 pvp or eso pvp vs aoc pvp. Each time people who don't play aoc anymore still praise the combo system. They all left not because of the combo system but because of various other reasons. The combo system, the melee combat and the required movement is the unique strenght of this game.

Funcom however knows better. They don't build on their strong (the combo system) point. They are already market leader in this category. Instead they also deliver at the same time an even stronger (I tab, I click, I kill - that's skill) caster system.

Now they not only have the best melee system on market but also an even better caster system because casters kill melees. Sounds weird? Yes, but that's probably the way Funcom thinks. Funcom probably thinks ranger is the best invention they ever had. It is so popular, it must be a good design.

- Remove mezz shot and replace it with some additional dmg like barb from stealth attack.
    - Remove all cc's from traps and replace them with some magic dmg like that fire trap.
    - Remove mana and stamina drain from traps
    - Remove the evade bubble
    - Remove additional speed.
    Do all this and give ranger 2 melee combos for this. After that I assume majority of rangers will still get a positiv kd and even your grandma will make kills here and there. This is how OP rangers are imho.
    Lets just kill the class lol. The nab comments in ranger threads just wont stop.
    [Group] [Invitmi]: HELP ME ****ING RETARDS [Group] [Demoterror]: I dont want to help u **** retards. that sounds disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthor View Post
    Lets just kill the class lol. The nab comments in ranger threads just wont stop.
    Totally agree with you on this (for once)
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

All these tears about rangers xD Hilarious! At the TL forum you can travel back in time and you will find QQ since the early beginning.

How many nerfs, or let's say "adjustments", were applied to the ranger class? 5? 10?

Ofc the LoS check needed a fix, popping out of hide while planting a trap, some dmg numbers were just to high, tts got it's nerf - thats all fine. But srsly, after more than 6 years you guys are not able to handle a ranger in pvp? Get over this evil al-qaida class and play the game ^^
    "Vɪᴄᴛᴏʀʏ ɪs ʀᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴀʀᴇ ᴡɪʟʟɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴘᴀʏ ɪᴛ's ᴘʀɪᴄᴇ." - Sᴜɴ Tᴢᴜ

Rᴀɴɢᴇʀ ʙʏ ʙɪʀᴛʜ: Mᴇᴍsʜᴜʀ ʜᴀs ᴘʟᴀʏᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ 325 ᴅᴀʏs 14 ʜᴏᴜʀs 38 ᴍɪɴᴜᴛᴇs 30 sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅs.

I played necro for almost 6 months now and I have absolutely no problems with rangers.
    Kinaputten