Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Looking for the Mytical DT

"Ok, sorry for starting the threat now I see I play in a different league(or a different game). I'll never be able to change the agro fast enough with 2 other tali DTs during trallings. See you around."

dont lose hope the forgiving DT tali tanking have made actually people worse tanks,and it will be shown if in future encounters FunCom design better the tanking part.this whole thread is a fail epeen contest of which DT their lucky proccs was hitting the most ....so entertaining
    Last edited by sardanapal; 8th July 2014 at 17:31.
    {Circle of Eternity}

Ramanli 80 DT,Erifylli 80 Guard,Amarylli 80 Demo
    Denmeth 80 Barb,Adiasa 80 HoX,Dovackhin 80 BS,Psalmodia 80 PoM
    Dyssebeia 80 DT,Polyterpi 80 Conq,Marleficus 80 ToS,Klymeni 80 Sin

Goofy Tactics for AoC :http://www.youtube.com/user/sardanapal01?feature=mhee
    RP stuff: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180714

BLOOD DAWN-AQUILONIA SERVER FOR EVAH !!

You can not base safe solotanking on "can" and crits.. It's just not reliable. I did not say that I keep getting 900hp blood pact heals, but say you need to use blood pact and you have Dooming Presence and A Soul for our Feasts combos on cooldown, boss has two shields up and one to the right. Your combo does a glancing hit. The point was for every best case scenario there is a worst case scenario. Even though it happens that Blood Pact heals you all the way up, that is quite uncommon imo.

And you are right, the crushing damage part of VoM is more frequent. Usually around 10-12% of damage on DT's on my parses. But again, a proc, you can't base your survival on that it will proc for those 8 seconds Blood Pact is up, and that it will deliver a high crit. I looked through last weeks T4 parse and of three different DT's during three hours the highest white hits was 1143, 1618 and 1249. Saying that 2k white hits are common would be putting on a heavy sugarcoat.

Quote Originally Posted by sardanapal View Post
    this whole thread is a fail epeen contest of which DT their lucky proccs was hitting the most ....so entertaining
    Pretty much sum up the current state of the class :>

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    Ok, sorry for starting the threat now I see I play in a different league(or a different game). I'll never be able to change the agro fast enough with 2 other tali DTs during trallings. See you around.
    Yes, there's a more of a chance of dying and wiping, but why take the conservative safe route on a 3 or 4 year old encounter?

It seems the excuses/justifications are never ending. When I first hit 2600 DPS on a carnage conqueror, it was because zodiac is vulnerable to physical damage - that's why sins, barbs and conqs are at the top. Now, zodiac is magic vulnerable because that better suits the self delusion about DTs. The mental gymnastics some people are capable is quite astounding.

Similarly this thread started from "it can't be done" to "it's selfish", however that works I don't know because more DPS is more survivability for a DT. I am sure there will be some straw man arguments about what few encounters DTs cannot do this kind of damage but the end result is that in almost every encounter DTs way outperform everything else by a huge margin. This is nothing new and they have shamed PVE balance for the longest of times.

I am not convinced Funcom can balance DTs with the resources they have. Regrettably, like carnage conquerors, they need a total overhaul and I don't see that happening any time soon. Further, so long as there are select bosses with skewed mitigations DTs will forever be a complicated mess.

So I guess we will see people arguing until they are blue in the face that DTs are fine. My personal opinion is that a very average player can play a DT and feel great, but a great player on a DT is a god. Some players never challenge themselves or do not surround themselves with the highest level of players and so cannot accept the truth of the matter. DTs have ruined balance in this game but average DT doesnt know it.
    Last edited by Boesch; 9th July 2014 at 02:59.

I guess I can go on and on about the little facets of DTs and why they are a mess. But the biggest factor is that they are the sum of some huge force multipliers. As they add more DPS, more hate an especially more crit, DTs will forever pull ahead with every patch.

Please excuse mistakes along the way because auto correct and typing this on an iPhone is a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    It seems the excuses/justifications are never ending. When I first hit 2600 DPS on a carnage conqueror, it was because zodiac is vulnerable to physical damage - that's why sins, barbs and conqs are at the top. Now, zodiac is magic vulnerable because that better suits the self delusion about DTs. The mental gymnastics some people are capable is quite astounding.

Similarly this thread started from "it can't be done" to "it's selfish", however that works I don't know because more DPS is more survivability for a DT. I am sure there will be some straw man arguments about what few encounters DTs cannot do this kind of damage but the end result is that in almost every encounter DTs way outperform everything else by a huge margin. This is nothing new and they have shamed PVE balance for the longest of times.

I am not convinced Funcom can balance DTs with the resources they have. Regrettably, like carnage conquerors, they need a total overhaul and I don't see that happening any time soon. Further, so long as there are select bosses with skewed mitigations DTs will forever be a complicated mess.

So I guess we will see people arguing until they are blue in the face that DTs are fine. My personal opinion is that a very average player can play a DT and feel great, but a great player on a DT is a god. Some players never challenge themselves or do not surround themselves with the highest level of players and so cannot accept the truth of the matter. DTs have ruined balance in this game but average DT doesnt know it.
    Well said, and that's pretty much exactly how I feel about the situation.

@Shax
    So you're saying you can't base DT around doing what it's made for. doing crits...

What kinda confidence are you playing with. DT in current state is made to push it the max, and if you don't believe in it I guess your results will reflect that mentality?

Two shields up, one shield right is easy scenario:
    aSFoF 4/5, left right left, even lower ranks will suffice
    BfA 4, left left right
    after this sequence boss will very often change shields and you'll have reign to do strong LL/BfA/UB/MB, just any right/up centered combo

If you're having weak hitrating you can bypass easily with Vengenace PoM for stronger Devotional Prayer.
    Hitrating is a concern for DT in some gearcombinations, so I always watch out for it.

About the whitehits you see in your parsers they differ from the parses of DTs I play with. I haven't sugarcoated anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    @Shax
    So you're saying you can't base DT around doing what it's made for. doing crits...

What kinda confidence are you playing with. DT in current state is made to push it the max, and if you don't believe in it I guess your results will reflect that mentality?

Two shields up, one shield right is easy scenario:
    aSFoF 4/5, left right left, even lower ranks will suffice
    BfA 4, left left right
    after this sequence boss will very often change shields and you'll have reign to do strong LL/BfA/UB/MB, just any right/up centered combo

If you're having weak hitrating you can bypass easily with Vengenace PoM for stronger Devotional Prayer.
    Hitrating is a concern for DT in some gearcombinations, so I always watch out for it.

About the whitehits you see in your parsers they differ from the parses of DTs I play with. I haven't sugarcoated anything.
    Just saying that you can not rely on getting that crit when you need it to get full usage of Blood Pact... It is not the same as Last Stand for Guards, or Overcome the Odds for Conquerors which ALWAYS works. There is luck involved, all I am saying... I have solotanked Swelter and Thaw on my DT, but healers got sweaty and I had a Conqueror place the boss and tank until 90%-ish where I took over agro. Shared agro on the two other bosses. Even though it is possible does not mean that I support that way to do it, because Zodiac is an encounter where so many things can go wrong already that there is no need for an extra variable (read: cocky DT solotanking) that can wipe the raid.

My DT is relatively well geared and I have no problems with hit rating. Of course I do combos to the direction where is less shields but sometimes it is not possible due to cooldowns. I would like to see a parse where a DT can regularly do a 2k whitehit...

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    I've done 2k+ dps solo tanking zodiac many times, and there are plenty better tanks than me. I've seen numerous tanks do better or at least approach 2k.

I've also seen it done on Strom, if you count him as a boss.
    Eh, no. No way it is possible to solotank Strom with his agro debuffs.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast