Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Joel Bylos Interview 4/25/13

Quote Originally Posted by SelfRez View Post
    I know the intension of this unchained mode is good...but it wont balance the PVP as long as the differences of the classes and PVP gear are solved. Certain classes have more advantage from full PVP gear than others. Give a Conq / Guard / DT full set and after that its just like hitting a wall... not fun at all when you are playing a class cannon.
    The PvP gear for tanks provides the same crit rating and comparable DPS that is equallized between all sets. The only difference is the higher protection.

The main thing that you see changing the dps of tanks in a big way are PvE accessories and weapons. Take away the Ibis, Sceptor of Return, or Manical Harm and Faction/T3/T4 rings and neck, you'll see a huge reduction in damage.

There might be some class balancing things for sure, but let's see how people preform after unchained goes live. Without PvE gear being available perhaps the PvP weapons will finally be worth something.
    Last edited by Suctum; 29th April 2013 at 05:45.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Roargathor View Post
    The game strayed from it's original PvP vision
    "Original pvp vision" was fail. That's why 1.05 happened. Bori (which is a pretty cool idea) also failed because of the exact same reason: a very very large percentage of so called "pvpers" are a bunch of pussies with no stomach for a fair fight and will go to any length to gain an advantage (and if there's no advantage to be gained they'll bitch endlessly about lack of it).

The ship has sailed, the parrot has ceased to be, they sent the dog to live in a farm and the fat lady sang. What exists now is a hardcore pve game (with some diehard fans) and trying to change the formula is risky so FC will probably not do that. They seem to be wanting to add a new layer on top for the (extremely low number of) MMO players who really want "skill based pvp", which isn't a bad idea, but we'll see how that turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    What exists now is a hardcore pve game.

Does your guild hold a battlekeep? And if so, what is your politics about it? Just keeping it for the buffs?

Quote Originally Posted by nikepilas View Post
    Does your guild hold a battlekeep? And if so, what is your politics about it? Just keeping it for the buffs?

yeah, it must be the buffs

If you want more open world PvP you have to increase the rewards to a level where it can not be ignored. And you have to implement mechanics that prevent ganking and staged fights.

If you want more pve invalids as myself to start PvP'ing the PvP community have to grow up. Why you call guys like me a PvE invalid I can never understand. I am PvP invalid. I do well in PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyy View Post
    Sweet news from new GD.

He will put unfixable latency in game when all servers move to the US.
    He will take progression out of PvP.
    Sounds like that, Monkeyy. It did not feel right at all upon hearing that. Lags after the last patch are often and long; trying to average the ping between the US and EU servers might only increase it. The only good thing is that the original minigames will remain...
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by Karadok View Post
    The old crafting system has everything a crafting system needs. You have to collect a lot of raw materials, you have to trade with other players for the semi-finished goods, and you have to have a recipe to make the final products. This is like a crafting system should be imo.
    I would say that the old crafting system is perfect: people run in Onyx these days daily to collect culture armor. I have a stimulus to hunt for recipes in low-level dungeons on low-level characters. We have raid engagin crafting, and gathering resources was made as it should be!
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

I played TsW for six months and very rarely had lag issues.
    Singelserver is the way to move forward.

Sacking the translation department is another. Learn english!

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    "Original pvp vision" was fail. That's why 1.05 happened. Bori (which is a pretty cool idea) also failed because of the exact same reason: a very very large percentage of so called "pvpers" are a bunch of pussies with no stomach for a fair fight and will go to any length to gain an advantage (and if there's no advantage to be gained they'll bitch endlessly about lack of it).

The ship has sailed, the parrot has ceased to be, they sent the dog to live in a farm and the fat lady sang. What exists now is a hardcore pve game (with some diehard fans) and trying to change the formula is risky so FC will probably not do that. They seem to be wanting to add a new layer on top for the (extremely low number of) MMO players who really want "skill based pvp", which isn't a bad idea, but we'll see how that turns out.
    Wise words indeed, ty for speaking the truth.

This mmo is actually my first mmo (have played close to 2 years now), and my first impression of pvp'ers is exactly as you said.

Now why the hell would I even bother to get into that part of the game? Sure I have tried a few times, but it's like bloody kindergarden being in pvp, and lately I have noticed an increase in pvp'ers trying to leech off the so called pve monkey's by trying to get in on t4 action just to get the gear (again to gain the advantage), and you know what? most doesn't seem very interested on the whole "reading thing" when it comes to raid tactics and "overrated stuff like that".
    [/rant_ over]

Ps. yes I know a few nice guys who enjoy pvp, but they do seem to be an absolute minority.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyy View Post
    Sweet news from new GD.

He will put unfixable latency in game when all servers move to the US.
    He will take progression out of PvP.

Reason i quit GW2 was lack of reward, seems this is gonna happen in AOC too.