Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: make jagged cut/bone shatter 1hs dot crit!

Okay seriously, which one of you is Duncalord?

And which one is boofio?
    The Law

Not much to reply, when I read things like "barb has best survivability after soldiers" I know we're in lalaland with people arguing just for the sake of arguing and keeping the class as weak as possible. Just FYI, barb is the only squishy melee class in the game without a bubble or healing spells to speak of. Just think about the implications.
    But regardless, claiming barb has better survivability than classes like pom, BS, ranger or ToS is simply preposterous. Even sin is arguably better simply because it can kill faster and thus is forced to stay a much shorter time on the frontline, which is inherently dangerous for squishy melees. Not to mention the sin is at least invulnerable to magic half the time. And demo and necro can nuke you from half a map away, so that leaves hox as the one class who has it as bad as the barb, except hox has at least a semidecent bubble.

"sin is supposed to quickly down casters while barb harasses squishies" = sin racks up the kills while barb ends up 1-20 getting focused by the squishies while not having the burst to kill them before they kill him. Also tell me which squishies you face which allow you to harass them without retaliating, because whenever I try to blitz deep behind enemy lines, assuming the enemy soldiers are noob enough to leave me alone, all it takes is 2 ranged dps and 5 seconds of focused fire to bring me down. And running around like speedy gonzales won't help, even assuming you can make one of the ranged miss their nukes (and it takes a noob to miss) the other will still be able to pound you.

At this point I'm starting to think on Fury everyone runs around with pvp level 0 blue geared alts in minies, because that's the only possible explanation to some of the things I'm reading.
    Try to bring your magic barb on Crom, where everyone joins with full t4 toons who can two shot a barb, then see how well you fare. All it takes is one KB, you WILL be dead before the standing up animation is over. Soldiers switching to frenzy, sins, rangers, mages, poms with sped up condemnation critting you at over 2,5k... Every single class, if the toon is maxed up and the player is half decent, will have killed you before you stand up. Every single infinitesimal mistake, either in movement or just in judging the situation on the fly, will almost universally result in one more death for a barb player.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusLL View Post
    At this point I'm starting to think on Fury everyone runs around with pvp level 0 blue geared alts in minies, because that's the only possible explanation to some of the things I'm reading.
    Try to bring your magic barb on Crom, where everyone joins with full t4 toons who can two shot a barb, then see how well you fare. All it takes is one KB, you WILL be dead before the standing up animation is over. Soldiers switching to frenzy, sins, rangers, mages, poms with sped up condemnation critting you at over 2,5k... Every single class, if the toon is maxed up and the player is half decent, will have killed you before you stand up. Every single infinitesimal mistake, either in movement or just in judging the situation on the fly, will almost universally result in one more death for a barb player.
    So it's not a class issue but a gear issue then. Any kbed class (apart from soldiers) is dead in 2 seconds you know, when there are t4 geared ranged classes involved. My pvp geared BS implodes in that kind of situation and it's the same for Rangers (not to mention many Rangers use pve gear with little to no prot). Even soldiers in pvp gear don't always get up from a kb when they get nuked by t4. Especially if they get caught in frenzy and switch a split-second too late.

And yes barb is not a forgiving class, you can't afford to make mistakes, unlike soldiers, but that's exactly WHY I like to play the class. If I play good I do good, if I play bad I do bad, total opposite of soldiers where you can do great no matter how terrible you are. Doesn't make the class broken, on the contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by Greshakei View Post
    Ok, any decent demo knows how to double-tap back when a hybrid barb is switching weapons, cause it's like if you were screaming "I'll KB you". And as a zerker barb, kb a demo is not enough to kill him.
    And a decent demo will not use instant kb when EB is running.
    So I have now an idea of which kind of demo you duel.
    As a zerker barb if you kb a demo and do upheaval he's pretty much dead with a good weapon actually. But I guess there's no point arguing with you, I explained myself already, countering demo CCs with barb IS possible no matter how good the demo is. If you succeed at that you CAN win. You can't afford to make mistakes but that's how barb is, a class that takes skill to play.
    Last edited by kalston; 8th October 2013 at 15:12.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

So in the end, only thing we need to do is tune conq / pom / other soldiers down a bit, and nerf t4 weapons from pvp and then its best balance u can get,

atlest its better now than when u preload 5 step combo use charge and instant fatality
    The Law

I wish derled would bring his barb over to Crom so I could see how long it survives. It seems like he hasn't ever had a challenge. No way can he say that his barb is better than his sin unless he is a total noob at the sin.(or there could be some real gear deficiencies between the two)(Or it could be that his barb doesn't even exist) Either way, when my barb is full T4 I will be coming to fury anyway sense their gear is so much poorer by comparison.

I know on tyranny (before the merge), they didn't have one ibis on the whole server. So now they are in a blast from the past.

Lastly the worst part about the barb imo, is the switching weapons for the kb. It is the most obvious kb in the game and if I come at someone head on and switch weapons the first thing they do is hop back. So I wait for them to stop hopping so I can kb them but by the time that usually happens my 4sec combo timers is up and I need to do something else.

Lastly there are 3 things a barb really needs and can only get 2
    speed buff (arcane maradur)
    wreck armor buffs followed by dod (barb burst)
    anti cc (in general)

so if a barb has speed and anti cc he won't get as many kills (hurts kd)
    If a barb has speed and dod, he will get cc'd too frequently and die too much. (btw this is unavoidable because of casters and rangers)
    If a barb has dod and cc breaks (what i use) then he doesn't have speed)(which is about the only obvious thing a person can say is good about the barb, but if i don't have dod i get too few kills and if i don't have cc breaks i die more than not having them but having speed buff)
    Lastly the reaver barb does not have earth shatter (quick aoe stun) like i said that would be on the way to speed buff which doesn't help damage which means that your alies will take all the kills because the barbs damage will suck too much. In the end either a barb can live a little longer or have a little more damage but can't have a good balance like most classes which concludes that barbs have too many limitations.

remember the parse in minis never lies.

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    I wish derled would bring his barb over to Crom so I could see how long it survives. It seems like he hasn't ever had a challenge. No way can he say that his barb is better than his sin unless he is a total noob at the sin.(or there could be some real gear deficiencies between the two)(Or it could be that his barb doesn't even exist) Either way, when my barb is full T4 I will be coming to fury anyway sense their gear is so much poorer by comparison.

I know on tyranny (before the merge), they didn't have one ibis on the whole server. So now they are in a blast from the past.

Lastly the worst part about the barb imo, is the switching weapons for the kb. It is the most obvious kb in the game and if I come at someone head on and switch weapons the first thing they do is hop back. So I wait for them to stop hopping so I can kb them but by the time that usually happens my 4sec combo timers is up and I need to do something else.

anti cc (in general)

If a barb has speed and dod, he will get cc'd too frequently and die too much. (btw this is unavoidable because of casters and rangers)
    If a barb has dod and cc breaks (what i use) then he doesn't have speed)(which is about the only obvious thing a person can say is good about the barb, but if i don't have dod i get too few kills and if i don't have cc breaks i die more than not having them but having speed buff)
    Lastly the reaver barb does not have earth shatter (quick aoe stun) like i said that would be on the way to speed buff which doesn't help damage which means that your alies will take all the kills because the barbs damage will suck too much. In the end either a barb can live a little longer or have a little more damage but can't have a good balance like most classes which concludes that barbs have too many limitations.

So you want a conq that heals like a pom, dual weilds polearms, and has a 50m ranged atg, all while keeping dual bubbles and has all the cc breaks from gen, then call it a barb?

Why even play the game if you want things handed to you?

Why not just ask to play as a raid boss in minis?
    Last edited by Loaf-of-Evil; 8th October 2013 at 20:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    So you want a conq that heals like a pom, dual weilds polearms, and has a 50m ranged atg, all while keeping dual bubbles and has all the cc breaks from gen, then call it a barb?

Why even play the game if you want things handed to you?

Why not just ask to play as a raid boss in minis?
    Care to tell where exactly you can find these ridiculous requests in his post? you're using a classical strawman argument:

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

in this case by clearly exaggerating his argument.

Note that a barb having access to Arcane Marauder, the anti-CC feats in the general tree and the DoD half of the reaver tree (i.e. what he was really asking in his post) would still be clearly inferior to most of the other classes anyway (certainly soldiers and poms, probably also rangers and sins), it would just be a bit closer.

It's posts like these that clearly denote an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusLL View Post
    Care to tell where exactly you can find these ridiculous requests in his post? you're using a classical strawman argument:

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

in this case by clearly exaggerating his argument.

Note that a barb having access to Arcane Marauder, the anti-CC feats in the general tree and the DoD half of the reaver tree (i.e. what he was really asking in his post) would still be clearly inferior to most of the other classes anyway (certainly soldiers and poms, probably also rangers and sins), it would just be a bit closer.

It's posts like these that clearly denote an agenda.
    It was an obvious exageration, but more symbolic of what he wants. Can you really not see that? Let me break it down:

He wants the survivability AND crowd controls of berserk and 2h, with all the dps of reaver, and the 5 (1 in reaver, 3 in general, 1 aa) cc breaks. Imagine that, full 2h and dw dps buffs, unstopable, arcane marauder, ALL crowd crontrol AND cc breaks. That would be way op.

He even mentions you can't get ALL of the barb feats the way the trees are now. Duh.

Barb is actually one of the more balanced classes. Tone down soldiers, necro dots die with necro, erase tts. Then just tweaks here and there.

I guess I could talk slower.

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post

anti cc (in general)

FFS?? are u saying conq dont need to change to use kb from duavield?
    are u saying guard dont need to switch for stun charge / combo? snare kb if speced??

Almost every class need to do that lol.

"and im starting to think if his barb even exist"
    -bitch please, who is the barb on that link on youtube video? it clearly sais "Derled"

Barb is good there where every other class, and if YOU really think you can go minis in full t4, have fun getting two shotted by casters.
    pvp gear is the way to go with t4 pve weapons, not much to say to totall ingoring noob =)

And im worst sin on fury, ask from Kalston he will tell u.
    Last edited by Derled; 9th October 2013 at 09:09.
    The Law

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast