Thread: Ranger T3 PvP AA's

Default Ranger T3 PvP AA's

First time playing a ranger, but I was thinking of doing TTS.

I was also thinking about Running Shot, Jarring Shot or Deadly Draw. They seem like they could be useful. No idea how long the cc immunity and stun lasts when 5/5 though.

Any opinions?
    Last edited by Dagosmanwoody; 2nd June 2013 at 15:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagosmanwoody View Post
    First time playing a ranger, but I was thinking of doing TTS.

I was also thinking about Running Shot, Jarring Shot or Deadly Draw. They seem like they could be useful. No idea how long the cc immunity and stun lasts when 5/5 though.

Any opinions?
    TTS or Deadly Draw/Jarring shot are usually the ranger AA's of choice.

I believe the 5/5 jarring stun is ~5 seconds unless broken by damage.
    Daedylus - Ranger, PVP 10 (Fury)
    Ehlicya - Sin, PVP 5 (Fury)
    Prysm - Ranger, PVP 5 (Rage)
    Tantylus - HOX, PVP 6 (Crom)
    Oculys - POM, PVP 3 (Fury)

Jarring/DD is probably only worth it on almost full, unfortunately tts is beyond op.
    Kinaputten

TTS IS A MUST HAVE FOR A PVP RANGER. For PVE you can get DD and something else.
    Keella - LvL 80 BS - PvP 10.50 (Main)
    Lexxiia - LvL 80 Ranger - PvP 7.68 (2nd Main)
    Sskylla - LvL 80 Sin - PvP 4.55 (1st Alt)
    Lexxaa - LvL 80 Conq - PvP 4.20 (2nd Alt)
    Esteell - LvL 80 HoX - PvP 2.05 (3rd Alt)

I offlined my ranger today and got enough AA to get TTS. I then bought 28 gold worth of blue gear on the trader and joined a mini.

I went 8-2 on a PvP 1 Ranger in blue gear and already saw 2.5k crits with TTS using a snake tongue.

TTS is stupidly OP, it definitely needs some looking at, I always though it had a .5 second cast time or something, and when I saw it was instant...omg. Ranger no easy

Even bindings as cheesy as that is has a .30 second cast time.
    Doomsayer 2008

TTS is good but DD can be as good. TTS can give some good crits but often enough it doesnt do it. Remember it only works when target is under 33% health, which means you overkill targets or targets with high hp usually have lots of armor and you cant crit them that much anyways.
    With DD you also receive a useful extra perk. Jarring is ok, but cast time is long compared to stuntime AND it breaks on damage. Running shots can be as useful, you wont get CC.ed during your penshot. Clout is useless as it does no more damage then quickshots.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    I offlined my ranger today and got enough AA to get TTS. I then bought 28 gold worth of blue gear on the trader and joined a mini.

I went 8-2 on a PvP 1 Ranger in blue gear and already saw 2.5k crits with TTS using a snake tongue.

TTS is stupidly OP, it definitely needs some looking at, I always though it had a .5 second cast time or something, and when I saw it was instant...omg. Ranger no easy

Even bindings as cheesy as that is has a .30 second cast time.
    I have pvp 5 ranger with snake tongue and tts never critted over 1.9k for me, even on debufed target. Maybe i am just unlucky but in 4k kills no such crit so far.
    But i did seen high lvl ranger crit with it close to 4k.

Quote Originally Posted by Whalar View Post
    I have pvp 5 ranger with snake tongue and tts never critted over 1.9k for me, even on debufed target. Maybe i am just unlucky but in 4k kills no such crit so far.
    But i did seen high lvl ranger crit with it close to 4k.
    Its ur gear that do dmg not ur pvplvl. pvpgear is for protection.
    Kinaputten

Quote Originally Posted by Mogsters View Post
    Its ur gear that do dmg not ur pvplvl. pvpgear is for protection.
    I know mate, but are you saying that blue gear that he bought from trader do more dmg than pvp 5? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Whalar View Post
    I know mate, but are you saying that blue gear that he bought from trader do more dmg than pvp 5? lol
    Culture Blues are far better than blue T1 PvP gear. Khitai Faction blues are better than most T1 armor and some T2. If your going for combat rating and crit chance, which you can get with Khitai and Culture blues, then yes, it's much better than PvP armor T1.

I die in like 3 hits because I have no protection, but that does not really matter because 5 years of playing a demo I know how to kite, which is super easy on a Ranger. My worse game yet with culture gear was 5:6 vs a ton of PvP 8-10 who got mad I was kiting them and started to focus a PvP 1 ranger.

Pretty funny. But to answer your question, yes the gear is better, just not for protection. Best TTS yet was 2.8 against a PvP 9 Demo, although he only had like 10% health left anyways so it was way overkill.
    Doomsayer 2008