Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reaver , how to play with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgore View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. Yes, Reaver is a little bit suicidal in PvP hehe . Hybrid spec seems interesting , I'll try this out in near future. I also have a question about combo rotation. Well , as Derled said cyclone of steel and upheaval are not viable in pvp, what do I have to use then? Like 3 armor wracks , dual wield boneshatter + CCs , I guess after this rotation I wont have a single combo ready to be launched lol!
    There is WA rank 4 to be bought with mini tokens, you can also use ww on some occasions and also as pure reaver you can use cyclone openers if everything else is on cd. with brutal cyclone and nice gear openers can crit nicely. And ofc 2 cc.
    I wouldnt recomend pure reaver however. There are many hybrid builds that are interesting and viable. cc, anti cc, speed and dmg

Don't spec armageddon falls it is completely broken and makes absoulutely no difference to dps at all.

Use blood rage stance and spec down the zerker tree to get the the aoe stun.

Spoken like someone who doesn't know much about Armageddon Falls. It does not show on your own dps, but it makes everyone do more damage on the target that has the debuff. Bone shatter in a group and voila everyone got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Spoken like someone who doesn't know much about Armageddon Falls. It does not show on your own dps, but it makes everyone do more damage on the target that has the debuff. Bone shatter in a group and voila everyone got it.
    haha no it does not work at all it will not add any dps in a parser at all. try it take off all your gear and aa's and white hit a strawman for 2 minutes with it and another time without it the dps will be exactly the same except for slight variations due to crits etc. even if is supposed to appear as offhand/white damage it doesnt.

That is because how it works is that in the log it shows as self inflicted damage on the player who is affected by it. Look for example in a raid parse of a world boss.

http://s9.postimg.org/7qvf32y3j/image.png

Now tell me that Armageddon Falls is crap...

Well. That build is going to hurt a lot in PvP and I would advise against using it. Blood Rage is a better stance for PvP due to the healing and natural regen of health. It adds 20% Weapon damage flat with no stacks, while Reaver only add 10%.

I would use this build. http://goo.gl/2iROux and Blood Rage stance. Use Blood Fury to keep stacks alive or use at x15 to take heals on stack procs again. There is not enough feat points to get Unstable Mind if you want x15 Blood Rage and both end feats in Reaver.

Otherwise, put Impale, Dance of Death, Armageddon Falls, Haste, Savage Fury, Too Many to Count on keybinds and mash all of those abilities before hitting finisher on Upheaval or Wreck Armor.

Thats kinda all there is to it, and it is a glass cannon by definition.
    ok, so u tell the guy to use blood rage, yet u give him a spec with savage fury: wtf

no cc breaks? we going for tainted weapons and flanking in AAs while we at it?

Quote Originally Posted by Xamaron View Post
    Don't spec armageddon falls it is completely broken and makes absoulutely no difference to dps at all.

Use blood rage stance and spec down the zerker tree to get the the aoe stun.
    if im not mistaken it 'curse the target' yet doesnt give u credit for the dmg: thus not ur dps, but still worthy dmg

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgore View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. Yes, Reaver is a little bit suicidal in PvP hehe . Hybrid spec seems interesting , I'll try this out in near future. I also have a question about combo rotation. Well , as Derled said cyclone of steel and upheaval are not viable in pvp, what do I have to use then? Like 3 armor wracks , dual wield boneshatter + CCs , I guess after this rotation I wont have a single combo ready to be launched lol!
    in a pure reaver spec cyclone of steel can be badass, gotta use determination perk tho to keep that stack up and thus your crit rating

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    ok, so u tell the guy to use blood rage, yet u give him a spec with savage fury: wtf

no cc breaks? we going for tainted weapons and flanking in AAs while we at it?
    Yeah it wasn't a particular good build I understand..

Yeah it wasn't a particular good build I understand..
    Dont sweat it mate, reaver is not really good for pvp anyway. Sure you can play k/d who..ng style and pwn noobies or bad geared players to pump your ego, but vs nice team reaver barb is not even annoyance.

On the other hand some nice hybrid build can be very dangerous. You can have nice cc, anti cc, great dmg, speed bufs...

@Barbaricwildcat
    even in pure reaver spec i would not rely really on cyclones. Sure if someone is cced or is focusing someone else you can lash it out but they should be more situational combos. On the other hand hitting opener or two is not bad idea since they can crit pretty nice.
    I know, i know, everyone is thinking what huge dmg they could do if they hit dw upheaval with all the bufs, but could you survive if you have to rely on that combo to often?
    Bone shatter all the way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast