Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reaver , how to play with it?

Default Reaver , how to play with it?

Hi there!
    I have a fresh 80 barb on Rage and after having some fun with Zerker , I decided to make a Reaver spec. It's more exciting than Zerker and I can deliver more DPS with it. So I wanted to ask you, pro barbs how to play with it and what build I should use for a fresh 80.
    Right now, I have this spec - http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v9_1126...d8a81d90c1dd58

Please tell me your thoughts on this build , main tactics/strategies with Reaver spec (both in duels and minis).

Well. That build is going to hurt a lot in PvP and I would advise against using it. Blood Rage is a better stance for PvP due to the healing and natural regen of health. It adds 20% Weapon damage flat with no stacks, while Reaver only add 10%.

I would use this build. http://goo.gl/2iROux and Blood Rage stance. Use Blood Fury to keep stacks alive or use at x15 to take heals on stack procs again. There is not enough feat points to get Unstable Mind if you want x15 Blood Rage and both end feats in Reaver.

Otherwise, put Impale, Dance of Death, Armageddon Falls, Haste, Savage Fury, Too Many to Count on keybinds and mash all of those abilities before hitting finisher on Upheaval or Wreck Armor.

Thats kinda all there is to it, and it is a glass cannon by definition.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Well. That build is going to hurt a lot in PvP and I would advise against using it. Blood Rage is a better stance for PvP due to the healing and natural regen of health. It adds 20% Weapon damage flat with no stacks, while Reaver only add 10%.

I would use this build. http://goo.gl/2iROux and Blood Rage stance. Use Blood Fury to keep stacks alive or use at x15 to take heals on stack procs again. There is not enough feat points to get Unstable Mind if you want x15 Blood Rage and both end feats in Reaver.

Otherwise, put Impale, Dance of Death, Armageddon Falls, Haste, Savage Fury, Too Many to Count on keybinds and mash all of those abilities before hitting finisher on Upheaval or Wreck Armor.

Why put points in Ferocity, Savage Fury and Spirit of the Panther if you're gonna be PvP'ing in Blood Rage stance? Do you consider 2% chance for offhand to be worth it over 1% dps on CoS/Upheaval, especially when you will have Impale up most of the when bursting down enemies? Don't you consider Wreck Armor 100% opening crit to be worth it? Also, even if Predatory Instincts is pretty **** after the energy revamp, with many of the early Reaver feats being pretty bad, isn't 15% evade worth considering?

(all these questions were asked by someone who's never brought his barb to a single minigame)

Ouch mate that is one awful, awful build. You will not get killed, you will be disintegrated. So many useless feat, to many points in zerker and no anti cc at all... you will melt and wont be able to dish your dmg

hit me up on rage, Kalinin 80 barb i know the class well

Ok guys, if my build was that poor, why don't you post some builds yourselves? Why go General tree if you aren't feating anti-cc? Why go Berserker tree if you aren't picking up the extra crowd controls? Auto crit on Wreck Armor opener, sure, drop a point from Jagged Cut then.. Reaver in PvP is suicide no matter what.

And yeah, feating both stances aren't "optimal". But there is not hell of a lot more points worth putting in on top of the Reaver tree. At least gives you the versatility of swapping stances in aspect to what you want to do.

Ok guys, if my build was that poor, why don't you post some builds yourselves? Why go General tree if you aren't feating anti-cc? Why go Berserker tree if you aren't picking up the extra crowd controls? Auto crit on Wreck Armor opener, sure, drop a point from Jagged Cut then.. Reaver in PvP is suicide no matter what.
    Reaver is glass cannon for sure but to be able to dish dmg you do need anti cc. And most reaver builds dont go deep into the zerker to get cc at all. You play with just 1 stun and 1 knock and dmg you do.
    Not really reaver expert since i only tried it briefly in pvp since its not that good build for team just farming kills but you if you want to play it you surely need unstable mind and EB.
    Otherwise you will just get cced and killed before you dish dmg with all your bufs.
    Something like this might be ok if you want to play with blood rage stance: http://goo.gl/J4q4fN
    But if you want to go with reaver stance you can use 7 points from zerker into reaver tree and rearange points a bit.

Just idea to OP, if you tired of pure zerker try some hybrid build. I always had fun with something like this, its unusual but fun
    http://goo.gl/MprXUO
    Last edited by viroku; 6th April 2014 at 13:36.

U should not use cyclone of steel / dual wield upheaval in pvp IMO, it's harder to land and the dmg ain't that good,

when i play hybrid, i use boneshatter dual wield, wreck armors, cc's and rarely butcher if needed, but never cyclone of steel.
    The Law

Thanks for all the replies. Yes, Reaver is a little bit suicidal in PvP hehe . Hybrid spec seems interesting , I'll try this out in near future. I also have a question about combo rotation. Well , as Derled said cyclone of steel and upheaval are not viable in pvp, what do I have to use then? Like 3 armor wracks , dual wield boneshatter + CCs , I guess after this rotation I wont have a single combo ready to be launched lol!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast