Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zerker pvp viable?

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    Well zerker barb is not like other classes that will 1 shot people. Sure it can happen on some clothie with lucky crit, but that is class that has nice survivability, speed buf and can stay long time in fight. You just need to stick to battle, running in and out and landing combos and cc's.
    If you spec for ATG you can have nice little burst, and if butcher crit it is also sweet dmg. But most important thing is that barb is to play with constant moving and annoying its targets with 2he reach and speed.

Like you said you tested other builds and hybrid or reaver have quicker bursts. I play with similar latency and WA can sometimes be hard to land, but its doable. Thing is that you can run hybrid build with bone shatter that have huge aoe range and sweet dot attached to it, switch to 2he cc, land WA. Also whirlwind is aoe combo, not that great one but with dod on it can be ok specially if you can combo jump it.
    Bone shatter is great combo try it.
    You are not wrong landing 1he combos like wreck armour and cyclones on moving targets when playing on 350 ping is almost impossible unless they are staggered/snared or just running in a straight line lol.

Lol i have even missed jagged cut on opponents im chasing when i have been almost right behind them because of the huge latency discrepancy.

The good thing about dual wield tho is that it has so much damage and you can 3 shot players, which effectively eliminates most of that kiting ********.

Berserker are the way to go in PVP. I get 2.4k hits from those quite often. Barbarians are currently very strong and will be even stronger with the next PVP patches.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by Xamaron View Post
    You are not wrong landing 1he combos like wreck armour and cyclones on moving targets when playing on 350 ping is almost impossible unless they are staggered/snared or just running in a straight line lol.

Lol i have even missed jagged cut on opponents im chasing when i have been almost right behind them because of the huge latency discrepancy.

The good thing about dual wield tho is that it has so much damage and you can 3 shot players, which effectively eliminates most of that kiting ********.
    Really cant say nothing about it, i play with 200 ms+ and vs good opponent its hard to land 1he combos. Can only imagine what its like with 350 ms... Funcom really should do something about it

With this build everyone is PvP viable as Zerker including my lame barb Shiwan

http://goo.gl/y9vMck
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Quote Originally Posted by Shiwan View Post
    With this build everyone is PvP viable as Zerker including my lame barb Shiwan

http://goo.gl/y9vMck
    I think you made a mistake, it's a pretty cookie cutter build minus 5 points spent wrong(for said cookie cutter not for your personal preference!)

If going this way I'd use this spec mostly for duels and gunking 1v1 2v2 maybe 3v3

Only if you move the 5 points from butcher combo upgrade to reverse swing though.

Reason: you have 3 super fast combos that apply reverse swing (4 if you use bone shatter but this comes in later where you can use hammer and anvil to make it crit 3+k )

Moreover +36% weapon damage on worste to best weapons = .36*125= 45dps best weapons .36*150= 54dps

.05*BX(~511dps)= 25.5dps
    That's only the best from butcher 10 the rest are less .

Next; that build can produce a base dps based on. >89%+ so is awesome for use with Finishing Blow+at the gates finisher when reverse swing is up for some of the hardest AtG with only requirement doing a fast staggering blow.

IMO, there's like 3 cookie cutter builds for zerker depending what aa you wanna use.

That anti cc spec with gen+reverse swing is one I love in open world. In minis there's two(3 if you take a troll haste spec) other specs though. If you drop down to only excellent balance and charge (12 points not in zerker) and then everything pumped into zerker including comatose and decap etc you can play sort of like an assassin using excellent balance+thirst for blood+rampaging horde as a massive bursts build. Secondly and my personal favourite is pumping points into comatose and hammer and anvil for much harder hitting staggering blows and stunning punches with crazy long feeling stun and just taking anti snare.

In minigames IMO it's best to pump more points into sheer damage because there's so much cc flying around you break cc with expensive feat points spent to run straight into that cc 10 seconds later if that.

The best of both worlds spec I prefer is a comatose pumped version of the zerker gen plus charge but dropping agile mind and filling the snare and stun lengths. But it's tit for tat. I ran a decap zerker build only 6 points in the other two feat trees and went 32:0 in sag using t 4 weapon and full pvp gear for pvp8 and it seems sag is much more dependant on burst damage when fighting 3 people off a point on your own.

If you do take decap, the way to use it is as an "insta cast butcher9" it does the same damage as butcher 9 and same animation length and crit hits but you 'skip' the first two steps if you use it as insta butcher and don't expect 1-shots like before it still can be useful...

Staggering blow 3 does 3k crits once upgraded though and that's something I won't drop especially with another. 3k on stunning punch 4/5 crits.

Tbh I most often use stunning punch as a dps and or snare combo since I have two other stuns and it's damage is so good. Ofc I stun with it too, be silly not to but I won't hesitate to use it on kb/stunned opponents !
    Last edited by Surgery; 15th March 2014 at 20:26.
    Funcom's Latency Detonation crits you for 4800 millisecond damage. Claret died.

My favourite zerker spec is this : http://goo.gl/i0zkKU

Of course sometimes you might want more anti CCs but this one usually works great in minis. For perks I pick upheaval and without warning (the latter being a huge survivability buff, just use blood fury and/or manually reset your stacks by clicking or switching stance).

Upheaval hits hard even when it doesn't crit, with a good weapon it devastates anything from cloth to medium and has a super short CD (I used it with pve t2 axe for ages and it was very good, the new pvp 3 weapon is actually better than my old t2 axe was so I'll let you do the maths).

And when it crits, it's a kill pretty much^^. ATG is a better burst of course cos it's instant but I don't like the 30s cooldown.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    My favourite zerker spec is this : http://goo.gl/i0zkKU

Of course sometimes you might want more anti CCs but this one usually works great in minis. For perks I pick upheaval and without warning (the latter being a huge survivability buff, just use blood fury and/or manually reset your stacks by clicking or switching stance).

Upheaval hits hard even when it doesn't crit, with a good weapon it devastates anything from cloth to medium and has a super short CD (I used it with pve t2 axe for ages and it was very good, the new pvp 3 weapon is actually better than my old t2 axe was so I'll let you do the maths).

And when it crits, it's a kill pretty much^^. ATG is a better burst of course cos it's instant but I don't like the 30s cooldown.
    Bone shatter (I use both combos with this perked as the dot gets ridiculous buff changing back to 2handed + weapon dps build)>>>> way better than without warning. With atrocity specced I see no reason for without warning. Personal preference though.

If there are sins or rangers on your or enemy sides upheaval becomes useless due to no bursts to compete with or against them haha.

Other than without warning I can't see why you wouldn't go for comatose and escape artist when that deep over 17.5% weapon dps... 20-26 base dps depending on weapon doesn't go as far as anti snare /root or and super longer stun especially given your choice of long combo AA perk. Other wise is same I use but I take the stun improvement and escape artist. But that's me

Blood rage builds crazy fast try bone shatter using both combos ie jagged cut straight after staggering blow then change back to 2he/b it's just silly damage added to a zerker rotation

I dont get why you all neglect survivalabilities in cost of 1 silly charge or lil bigger dps, imo to be effective at zerker barb you need to hit both 30% bps - you ever thought why pom (shield+faith arm) or bs survive that long? cos they have em.

when I fight pom on me barb its like a buffed with heals tank duel, silly tbh

anyway I upperhand much more dete then wtw even if dete works on few ranks of stances stacks but stacks will come fast anyway cos of semi magic procs flying everywhere, exception could be sin duels where you just dont have time and best would be khe khe flying feated boneshatters

so imo bezt is full turtle dete/upheaval one since good defense and steady medicore sometimes crazy dps

Quote Originally Posted by dagdasamildanac View Post
    I dont get why you all neglect survivalabilities in cost of 1 silly charge or lil bigger dps, imo to be effective at zerker barb you need to hit both 30% bps - you ever thought why pom (shield+faith arm) or bs survive that long? cos they have em.

when I fight pom on me barb its like a buffed with heals tank duel, silly tbh

anyway I upperhand much more dete then wtw even if dete works on few ranks of stances stacks but stacks will come fast anyway cos of semi magic procs flying everywhere, exception could be sin duels where you just dont have time and best would be khe khe flying feated boneshatters

so imo bezt is full turtle dete/upheaval one since good defense and steady medicore sometimes crazy dps
    In pvp t2+ survival isn't the problem so it works out best taking damage AA. Bone shatter(both combo) and upheaval or AtG. All the rest are sh!t. You get stacks fast and they already last quite some time. Huge waste of AA. What it takes is good for a reaver/zerker hybrid though.

Poms on barb are pretty ok for me, with tainted weapons and finely honed timed after bubbles(hit and run rogue tactics- same vs shammie) the best of them can die. Specially with awesome buffed AtG finishing blow optional decap and butcher 4

to Surgery:

Mate you are correct with yout thoughts, but the reason I do not put points in Reverse Swing is that just I prefer Upheaval to Bone Shatter and ofc with Without Warning.

I think about myself that I´m at best mediocore barb but with this spec you got everything and I perform pretty well... easy handled char with simple combo rotation so you can focus on battle. Without Warning bring some survival while Upheaval doing good dmg. Sure others barbs doing maybe more kills but I´m rather up to win the mini than top kills.
    Last edited by Shiwan; 18th March 2014 at 12:16.
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast