Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zerker pvp viable?

Default Zerker pvp viable?

Hey!

Got back to AoC 3weeks ago after more then 2 years absens. Always loved playing my barb in pvp as i like the playstyle of it. But I cant help to feel weak in pvp with my current specc..

For gear i run:
    pvp3: 1xRing
    Pvp2: boots, belt, legs, necklace, cloak
    pvp1: helm and chest.
    Kithai epics: gloves shoulders and BB ring.
    Pve t2: wrist
    Weapon: Ibis. 2xMassacre in 2nd set

cant link my build atm since i write from phone. But its 6 in reaver for charge and 20 in general for anti cc and weapondamage.
    And all the way in zerk left traitline with devastation and blood fury.

So basicly i just wonder is there any way to play zerk barb these days with decent damage? I know my team benefits from my ccs but when going 1v1 against any other class damage just feels useless..

and AA i use is precise and decisive and ATG..

Appreciate any help and will post my specc when i get home if needed or if you guys can help me with some ideas..

cheers Hjulstad

I know one nice newbs friendly build for zerker... actually its ace best zerker build there is

so shortly stacking max hp and armor prot is must for it due best possible unstoppable procing

for aa since zerker doesnt rely from crits that much tho they are always nice I usually uppperhand chromatic warding with which I hit 30+% prot for first breakpoint and fortifying empowerment for more hp faster unstoppable proc, archetype aa would be liberation and tw for easier heals/healed killings, as for class aa there is actually one viable choice - determination highest possible out of 5 and upheaval any 5/5 would be great

as for class feats I dont take anything from reaver as I can live without charge with often speed modifier from arcane marauder also procing from heals and 5/5 reave first feats from reaver tree are misguiding since they dont give mentioned in description passive weapon damage multiplier bonus but this feat only makes your reaves stacks more powerfull tho by margin, so saved points goes to general defense feats. Zerker tree is pretty the popular choice of most 2h barbs with atrocity 5/5 how many left in devastation at the end of making the build 3/3 cd reduce on primary cc and 5/5 reverse swing then 15 stacks of blood rage after earth shatter - here I miss on fb too long cd imo and medicore only damage as well also no escape which is hard to land most of the time, next trees ladder step is 5/5 am bf and 5/5 swarm fighter which is better then general lethality and is great vs demo/necro pets after its basically filling welcoming death end tree, hammer and anvil with either 1 or 2 in comatose, finishing with 1/3 scatter foes I miss even one point in rh but its awesome sometimes but imo not enough points feat for it and I rather want to keep stable rather then long cd burst dependent of teammates - so its around 58ish feat points in zerker tree

general is pretty straightforward all anti cc maxed out and rest in protection/armor feats since im full t3 pvp on my barb I prefer to go 4/5 prot since with all maxed out aa prot perks I hit already 30+% prot with mentioned 4/5 generals prot and 5/5 armor there which is must to also hit 30% armor

gameplay is rather no too complicated its often usually staggering blow to make dps bonus and determination running and then upheaval butcher 9 or 4 or 3 as fake decap and ccs spam dont forgdt to go to opponent from right side to hit with butchers or behind with sb on unshielded sides

Quote Originally Posted by Hjulstad View Post
    Hey!

Got back to AoC 3weeks ago after more then 2 years absens. Always loved playing my barb in pvp as i like the playstyle of it. But I cant help to feel weak in pvp with my current specc..

For gear i run:
    pvp3: 1xRing
    Pvp2: boots, belt, legs, necklace, cloak
    pvp1: helm and chest.
    Kithai epics: gloves shoulders and BB ring.
    Pve t2: wrist
    Weapon: Ibis. 2xMassacre in 2nd set

cant link my build atm since i write from phone. But its 6 in reaver for charge and 20 in general for anti cc and weapondamage.
    And all the way in zerk left traitline with devastation and blood fury.

So basicly i just wonder is there any way to play zerk barb these days with decent damage? I know my team benefits from my ccs but when going 1v1 against any other class damage just feels useless..

and AA i use is precise and decisive and ATG..

Appreciate any help and will post my specc when i get home if needed or if you guys can help me with some ideas..

cheers Hjulstad
    devastation is useless(doesn't proc enough, weapon dmg from crits stops at 3 stacks, trust its not worth it)

other then that i have bone shatter perk and determination (so even less perk dmg) and i have less gear. that being said i go positive in most minis and do very well in duels, with a win ratio of 2.0 in tt 1.5 in ctf and 4.0 in sag

if u really truly like the class you will do just fine, practice goes a long way

hmm you asked also how it is for example so clothies are you primary food also not passing on ranger which quite ez too all other classes may take a bit longer then 3 or 4 combos with mainly rotating 2h upheaval and sb I prefer rank 2 and 1 tho 3 is v good too and while you have target below 35% its rather a win most of the time cos your damage then is just op as for hour main combo - upheaval it often deals 400-600 first hit damage no specific buffs on and little less on tanks but sometimes it can devastate enemy with 1k or more out of space 1st hit, hope it will help you some

Thanks for all the replies. Tested some other builds yesterday but still no good damage.. even went for a hybrid spec with deep reaver eith WA as main atrack and sure the.damage was great but with 200+ms its hard to land it in minigames guess i just need to keep going

Just play guerilla warefare lol

My latency is around 350 and i almost always get decent scores in the positive on barb by playing it like a sin. Pop one of those shop combat rating pots.

What i do say i see a necro, i will preload 2 step jagged cut and before i hit finisher i will hit impale then haste, switch weapon kb the necro then hit dance of death and do a quick wreck armour then the shop rank of wreck armour and i dont think there is a clothie in the game which can survive or come out of this combination barely alive. Then just go into hide and wait for your buffs to come back :P

Quote Originally Posted by Xamaron View Post
    just go into hide and wait for your buffs to come back :P
    best way to get a campaign badge right there

Quote Originally Posted by Hjulstad View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. Tested some other builds yesterday but still no good damage.. even went for a hybrid spec with deep reaver eith WA as main atrack and sure the.damage was great but with 200+ms its hard to land it in minigames guess i just need to keep going
    Well zerker barb is not like other classes that will 1 shot people. Sure it can happen on some clothie with lucky crit, but that is class that has nice survivability, speed buf and can stay long time in fight. You just need to stick to battle, running in and out and landing combos and cc's.
    If you spec for ATG you can have nice little burst, and if butcher crit it is also sweet dmg. But most important thing is that barb is to play with constant moving and annoying its targets with 2he reach and speed.

Like you said you tested other builds and hybrid or reaver have quicker bursts. I play with similar latency and WA can sometimes be hard to land, but its doable. Thing is that you can run hybrid build with bone shatter that have huge aoe range and sweet dot attached to it, switch to 2he cc, land WA. Also whirlwind is aoe combo, not that great one but with dod on it can be ok specially if you can combo jump it.
    Bone shatter is great combo try it.

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    Well zerker barb is not like other classes that will 1 shot people. Sure it can happen on some clothie with lucky crit, but that is class that has nice survivability, speed buf and can stay long time in fight. You just need to stick to battle, running in and out and landing combos and cc's.
    If you spec for ATG you can have nice little burst, and if butcher crit it is also sweet dmg. But most important thing is that barb is to play with constant moving and annoying its targets with 2he reach and speed.

Like you said you tested other builds and hybrid or reaver have quicker bursts. I play with similar latency and WA can sometimes be hard to land, but its doable. Thing is that you can run hybrid build with bone shatter that have huge aoe range and sweet dot attached to it, switch to 2he cc, land WA. Also whirlwind is aoe combo, not that great one but with dod on it can be ok specially if you can combo jump it.
    Bone shatter is great combo try it.

well imo barb is fun to play cos many versatile working builds - if I could I would buy 10 or even more specs instead of just 5, recent one which I checked and was working was reaver stance with dete and 2h upheaval, sometimesp crazy hits with often 250% wdm or even 500 or more

Quote Originally Posted by dagdasamildanac View Post
    well imo barb is fun to play cos many versatile working builds - if I could I would buy 10 or even more specs instead of just 5, recent one which I checked and was working was reaver stance with dete and 2h upheaval, sometimesp crazy hits with often 250% wdm or even 500 or more
    This is true
    I said zerker has 2 way to go i ment with reverse swing or butcher upgrade. But there are more variations to it, ofc there is decap build but that is more lol build than real zerker.
    Also many hybrid builds are great, even those heavy zerker with no end feats.
    I even play sometimes zerk with upheaval and bone shatter for fun.
    Many ways, but lets make it simple for OP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast