Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weapon for reaver barb

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    I meant for offhand, thought I put that in, but I didn't. The West Cleave is the best MH weapon. I'd go West Cleave MH, Widows Blade OH.
    I can definitely agree on that A bit harder to obtain though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    He's not interested in crafted weapons. Blue KK weapon, really? Sacrifice all those other stats for the 400 combat rating cold? Btw, 90 strength is among other stats, 270 combat rating.
    Of course South Cleave is not a bad weapon, but the blue KK weapon is really easy to get, you gain 140 combat rating, and lose something like 9 crit rating, and 70 offhand rating ?
    Also, the combat rating on KK weapon is cold combat rating, and a lot of bosses have less protection than armor.

I think too that West Cleave + Blade of Widows is a good choice if he doesn't want to farm for T3 craft

The combat rating from the blunt in your off hand is only calculated towards blunts. So if you have an edged weapon in your main hand, it does not buff it.
    I did not know that. Interesting!
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Default Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfisterbotm View Post
    I did not know that. Interesting!

Wait...is this for any difference in weapon type or because this particular weapon specifically has combat rating blunt [i.e., weapon description say CR(1HB)]?
    Stygian...the best!

Quote Originally Posted by esty17 View Post
    Wait...is this for any difference in weapon type or because this particular weapon specifically has combat rating blunt [i.e., weapon description say CR(1HB)]?
    Because this particular weapon specifically has combat rating blunt : CR (1HB).

But it's the same thing if you have a blunt in main hand, and Combat Rating (HE) on your offhand sword.

It's ok if there is only generic Combat Rating.

That's why Scepter of Return if not a really good offhand weapon if you have a sword in main hand.

South Cleave is the offhand, West Cleave is the main hand. Thats the best possible combination for Barbarians.
    for an overall barb i agree, but also depends on your play style and more important how the barb is feated...
    for example:
    - more hits by offhands, more crit chance (CoS starter feated comes in mind) = south cleave. the is also the -hate deacrease that comes in handy on several fights and lets you dps more freely and/or even increase more damage in feats/perks instead of aggro decrease, etc - BUILD example using Upheaval+Bone Shatter as perks
    - more base dps = west cleave, its better when, for example barb is feated with 25% damage on whirlwind, CoS and jagged cut, never worrying about crits - BUILD example using without warning + bone shatter as perks

anyway, for the barb, any gear will do
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Nocomment, that build is just weird. If you have five ranks of Without Warning, it is not needed to feat Atrocity. Also, for a Reaver barb, not feating Spirit of the Panther is lunacy.

This is the way to go no matter if you have T3.5 or T4 weapon in off hand.. http://is.gd/ZeJNWu

Tempered Steel only adds 5% to the Combo finisher. Which is 440-480, meaning rough +22-23 dps on each Cyclone / Upheaval combo for 5 points spent. And if you dont slot Upheaval, its basically a huge waste.

Sever is not worthwhile to spend 5 points in. 1 is ok as a filler to get further down in that tree.

The combat rating from the blunt in your off hand is only calculated towards blunts. So if you have an edged weapon in your main hand, it does not buff it.
    Lol it doesnt matter your offhand never buffs your main hand. Never. I dont know where you getting that info from.

It actually does, it's just the weapon damage that doesn't matter on the offhand. (Or maybe it does to some extent but the effect seems very limited).

That being said I use yag blunt as offhand with a sword, cos combat rating makes such a little tiny difference, but it has great crits.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    It actually does, it's just the weapon damage that doesn't matter on the offhand. (Or maybe it does to some extent but the effect seems very limited).

That being said I use yag blunt as offhand with a sword, cos combat rating makes such a little tiny difference, but it has great crits.
    No it does not. Unless if your offhanded weapon combat rating states it being blunt combat rating. So if you have blunt and its stats say combat rating it does not matter. Am not sure how combat rating gone calculate if you put 1he combat rating gem in your offhanded blunt while having main hand as 1h edged I wanted to test it but dont want to buy stupid blue crafted blunt for 50 gold or so.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast