Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weapon for reaver barb

Default Weapon for reaver barb

I recently started t4 raiding on my barb and need advice - what is the best weapon for reaver, main hand and off hand? I have South Cleave of the Vermilion Bird (from Memory Cloud) and Scepter of Return. Shall I look for West Cleave, t3,5, or maybe other (I don't have any shards so epic craft is not a solution atm).

South Cleave is the offhand, West Cleave is the main hand. Thats the best possible combination for Barbarians.

It looked obvious to me at first look, but combat rating from strength in South Cleave is quite low, so I am not sure now. Look at Erlik's Blade of Widows from t3,5, it has more combat, crit and offhand rating but it lacks hit rating. But this should be no problem I guess, I already have 18% (Scepter of Return which I'm using now has no hit rating too, so this number would no decrease when I eventually get Erlik's). However I'm not sure if it can be used as off hand (I never saw it drop yet).

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    South Cleave is the offhand, West Cleave is the main hand. Thats the best possible combination for Barbarians.
    Lol, blue tiger weapon from KK is even better than South Cleave in offhand.
    The best combination is West Cleave/Manical Harm.

PS : Scepter of Return in offhand is viable only if you have a 1h blunt in main hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Greshakei View Post
    Lol, blue tiger weapon from KK is even better than South Cleave in offhand.
    The best combination is West Cleave/Manical Harm.

PS : Scepter of Return in offhand is viable only if you have a 1h blunt in main hand.
    He's not interested in crafted weapons. Blue KK weapon, really? Sacrifice all those other stats for the 400 combat rating cold? Btw, 90 strength is among other stats, 270 combat rating.

T3.5 1hes, both of them (Yellow Hand and Widows Blade), are the best choices if you lack the will to craft a Maniacal Harm.

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    T3.5 1hes, both of them (Yellow Hand and Widows Blade), are the best choices if you lack the will to craft a Maniacal Harm.
    I've just collected 20 shards for my dt craft, not going to farm shards anymore :P

These t3,5 swords have really nice stats. Comparing South Cleave and Yellow Hand I wonder what is better - 122 combat rating or 70 offhand rating? (other stats are comparable).

Quote Originally Posted by Greshakei View Post
    What do I loose when I have 1h in main and blunt in offhand?

Quote Originally Posted by ZackApior View Post
    What do I loose when I have 1h in main and blunt in offhand?
    The combat rating from the blunt in your off hand is only calculated towards blunts. So if you have an edged weapon in your main hand, it does not buff it.

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    Now... Is it base dps on a weapon or the (deemed by many) "useless" combat rating stat, that is most important?

Here are the two options in an armor builder from AoC > TV.

http://i.imgur.com/NbqMoQj.jpg

The biggest difference is the hit rating and the armor bonus from T4 weapons. The rest of the stats are of utter neglible difference imo.

I meant for offhand, thought I put that in, but I didn't. The West Cleave is the best MH weapon. I'd go West Cleave MH, Widows Blade OH.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast