Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Made a barb, would like some gear/aa/feat advice

There is a yellow combat rating (holy) gem that can be use with the base armorsmith crafted light armor.

Alright, I got to 80 a while ago and have returned with a few more questions only done some of the easier raids and old-world dungeons though, not ventured into Khitai HMs quite yet.

I got the first rank of Upheaval trained, but it actually seems to deal less damage than Cyclone of Steel X, judging by both the small numbers I get, and the combo description. Granted,I have crap weapons, and Upheaval has 2 steps rather than 3 and more hits, though the combo itself seems to be longer as well. Is it the case that Upheaval rank 1 isn't worth it? In which case, what rank does it need to be to surpass Cyclone/Butcher X?

I've been thinking about using Upheaval/Bone Shatter rather than Upheaval/Without Warning until I get more AA than I need in the future (mostly because it seems upgrading Bone Shatter only matters in PvP, not PvE, which makes it far less aa-hungry than Upheaval). However, the description of Bone Shatter isn't very clear in how it's an upgrade from Jagged Cut. Is it significantly better? I know for a fact that at least two of the barbs in my guild don't even have Jagged Cut/Bone Shatter in their rotation at all.

Last is really mostly a repeat of the gear question I asked earlier. I decided to splurge and bought the crafted blue accessories Eye of the Watcher neck + Energetic Band rings. Between getting Milestone rings (don't think I will go for Shadows ring) and either T3 necklace or Hyrkanian necklace, are there any accessory upgrades I should be looking for?

I had a blast playing duel wield levelling up and its great for faction grind also.

I use this spec for solo grinding with dual wield:
    http://goo.gl/griwd2
    using blood rage of course so the mobs dont make you wear your ass as a hat, spec scatter foes too if you want. Just put weapon swap on say the ' key for cc's etc.

This spec i use for pve dps using upheval and without warning using reaver stance:
    http://goo.gl/griwd2
    take a point out of something and put into trickery into general tree if you want but you dont really need it unless the tank is super ****.

BTW if you dont use without warning for pve (which you should) you need a different spec otherwise you will never get a 15 stack of reaver fast enough.
    Last edited by Xamaron; 27th February 2014 at 12:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Xamaron View Post
    I had a blast playing duel wield levelling up and its great for faction grind also.
    I had a blast with 2 handed weapon - I figured that since I'd be spending most of my time at 80 dual-weilding, I might as well play some 2h while leveling. It was a breeze; almost everything died to a Staggering Blow and a Butcher, especially after I got the Turan epic weapon. Thanks for the specs, gonna take a look at them.

BTW if you dont use without warning for pve (which you should) you need a different spec otherwise you will never get a 15 stack of reaver fast enough.
    Yeah it seems like I've underestimated how slow stacks accumulate... I suppose the alternative to using Without Warning would be getting the second tier feat in Berserker, which would mean sacrificing either Cheat the Reaper or a lot of Reaver feats. I guess it'd depend on encounter whether it'd be worth it.

Woops i posted the soloing spec twice by accident

here is the reaver dps spec

http://goo.gl/W4dPOs

And this one is for if you dont have without warning:

http://goo.gl/M2lJbW

it doesnt have cheat the reaper tho and is produces slightly lower dps but still a good spec

So I've figured out a bit more on my own, and it seems like there aren't really any decent barb accessories before t3/Khitai+, except some decent epics from Xib and Iron Tower, which I don't think are worth trying to get...

I do have one more question though, regarding weapons. I've gotten the t1 1h from the WB already, and I'm hoping I might be lucky enough to get t2. And looking at the stats of the Yag-Kosha mace, it seems quite underwhelming...

http://static.is-better-than.tv/armo..._of_return.jpg has less weapon damage than even http://static.is-better-than.tv/armo...t_of_blood.jpg , and quite a lot less than http://static.is-better-than.tv/armo...f_red_ruin.jpg , although it's has considerably better stats on it...

Basically, I don't know how important stats versus weapon damage is for Barb. For hox, stats were a lot more important; Khitai + AoK sword is considerably better than even t3, despite lower weapon damage, due to more offensive stats + lots of crit.

How is it with this 1h blunt? I imagine it's maybe better than t2, and a noticeable upgrade from t1, though it seems worse than t3. In any case, getting it will delay my tiger chest+head by quite a lot, so I'm just not sure if it's worth it...

reaver spec base rotation you wanna start with wreck armour 3&4 refreshing when off cd, then jagged cut 4 (important note this combo is bugged and sometime double procs on tics, can be your highest dmg when double proccing)upheaval, cos 6 (note cos 7 does more dps due to animation time and hits done but cos 6 hits harder).
    rinse repeat jc4,upheaval, cos6.

note for pvp cos 8 is hardest hitting cos, with cos 6 and cos 3 hitting very hard as well.

alternate pve dps rotation slightly less dps than first one... very slightly less dps. wreck armours to start, jagged cut 4, cos6, cos3, cos6... rinse repeat, this lets you use the double slot aa.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokrian View Post
    reaver spec base rotation you wanna start with wreck armour 3&4 refreshing when off cd, then jagged cut 4 (important note this combo is bugged and sometime double procs on tics, can be your highest dmg when double proccing)upheaval, cos 6 (note cos 7 does more dps due to animation time and hits done but cos 6 hits harder).

note for pvp cos 8 is hardest hitting cos, with cos 6 and cos 3 hitting very hard as well.

alternate pve dps rotation slightly less dps than first one... very slightly less dps. wreck armours to start, jagged cut 4, cos6, cos3, cos6... rinse repeat, this lets you use the double slot aa.
    Hm, interesting, had no idea barb used lower lvls of cos - I've been using rank 10. So you don't use Whirlwind?

whirlwind is ok to use on large groups of mobs, eg the bird swarm spawns in den of crowman, but unless feated it dosent do a lot of dmg. and personally i didnt feat it as i had a more direct dps gain by using the points elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokrian View Post

Am noob barb should i use slam in my rotation i heard it does more dps than upheavel just because its faster animation but slitly less damage

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast