Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: fix barb thread

Maybe conqs are better in general than barbs , but I feel its better in mini games than conqs killwise . especially against brute conqs.

Quote Originally Posted by armatur View Post
    So does hox so your point is ?
    That barbarians require no fixing, and they are perfect.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyaka View Post
    Maybe conqs are better in general than barbs , but I feel its better in mini games than conqs killwise . especially against brute conqs.
    Then you don't have a geared conq with breakthrough assail perked on carnage... It's pretty LOL

And that hox guy from crom,

1) a good player on any class can kill plenty
    2) crom is horrific at pvp iirc and
    3) baddies rerolled??
    4) if barb is fine then hox is fling op

Barbs are middle of the score board if not below mostly. Counting my T4 **** weapon in this isn't fair till pvp weapon vamp haha

For the record, I fought a guard pvp 10 and a dt pvp 10 straight after and raped them both 1v1 zerker spec. I caught a pvp lvl 3 Khitai geared conq that couldn't even land 360 combos on me and after bashing 3 minutes straight in Khitai/pvpt2/t4/t3.5 pieces and t4 weapon his self healed were just laughing at me. By the time he was 50% he had a bubble and was 100% by the end.

The guy couldn't hit me and still I couldn't hurt him. And for a zerker I tend to mess things up hard.
    Last edited by Surgery; 15th January 2014 at 08:37.
    Funcom's Latency Detonation crits you for 4800 millisecond damage. Claret died.

Its so amazing that even after six years of this game, people are still complaining that every class does not have the upper hand versus the 11 other classes, which is impossible. Continuing to duel or attack a class that you know you stand a slim chance of defeating is just stupid. Its like romans with short swords charging on heavy armor pikemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Its so amazing that even after six years of this game, people are still complaining that every class does not have the upper hand versus the 11 other classes, which is impossible. Continuing to duel or attack a class that you know you stand a slim chance of defeating is just stupid. Its like romans with short swords charging on heavy armor pikemen.
    As if brute conq had any anti class Even BS, previously the duel god, can lose to a good brute these days.

On the other hand even the worst BS on the planet can't lose to a guard (unless you go afk or fight naked) - now THAT'S a proper anti class.

Barb is cool, I love it (although I haven't given mine much love lately, but I don't like to play barb with a crappy internet, the smallest lag/mistake is just too punishing, hope to get that sorted soon), but it would be even more fun and more competitive if soldiers got tweaked (and pom).
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyaka View Post
    There seems to be a point eg berserker needs T3(PvE/pvp) or ibis or crafted or t4 before it even starts to look like a layer on the scoreboard... :/

Assuming pvp geared :
    Barb gets REALLY shiet <pvp6 (unless PvE geared)
    Barb gets nice at >pvp8 but getting kills on barb requires a lot more work than most classes in movement because its moderate to high(ISH) damage.

The real test: premades. Barb may as well be replaced by a conq or any other soldier. Same as sin I suppose. (Good vs good)

Smashing pus is smashing pugs is smashing pugs.

Class barely matters when you can play with half a brain vs randoms

Barb dps is good, people who complain about it are bad.

Single target in raids 2k "ish"

Typical dps during T3 "don't raid t4 on it" about 1600 on average over all.

Sin is a little more powerful sure, but seriously the barb is just fine the way it is. I can feat out cheat the reaper on him, and just chill while pounding away at the target, Way more - hate, and about the same amount of fun as my sin.

Quit complaining!
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Balance in Age of conan come from balancing YOUR group set-up, this has allways been in aoc.
    Some classes are weak alone but strong in a good balanced group.
    They will never make that all classes have chance vs each other 1v1.
    This is how aoc is..

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmuda View Post
    Balance in Age of conan come from balancing YOUR group set-up, this has allways been in aoc.
    Some classes are weak alone but strong in a good balanced group.
    They will never make that all classes have chance vs each other 1v1.
    This is how aoc is..
    This is true
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by mashta View Post
    bleh bleh bleh
    while we're being silly ...

if you play the game, pay a sub and roll a class you have the right to come here, quit spewing bile.

As someone mentions the game is group based in balance but if this was so the whole reason soliders would be so overpowered now is because everyone else got more kills, if this is the case then in PROPER team based or even premades, sins and barbs are the weakest classes going...

Yet 1 v 1 pretty damn powerful.

What really pisses me off is barb NEEDS a proper debuff combo like -10% armour or -15% armour not this stack-them-like-a-Bearshaman crap but needing change weapons as a zerker.

Try fighting a soldier as a zerker and it's just like erm... they have more regen with mitigation than you have dps ffs.

At the moment barb is ONLY good at HIGH gear equiped and then it's a mediocre class at best.

Everything got buffed around the barb but barb is stuck in the old days.

Reaver PvP for example is all feat based damage.
    Reaver PvE... should have taken a [insert class here]

Zerker PvP bash clothies and ignore tanks, you just don't dent them
    Zerker PvE... whut??

Barbarian is just in pve to not waste loot drops.
    Barbarian is not a complex class to play in pvp, but NOTHING in aoc is. Not, shammie, not demo, not sin, not tos or pom etc etc etc

Fact of the matter is, barbs are sub aoc standards and are stuck in 2010. The classes have moved leaps and bounds since then.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast