Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: fix barb thread

Default fix barb thread

iv played sin, barb and demo at 80

few tweaks could be made to better balance the barb

for instance, devastation with 5 pts in its gives 1% crit chance per stack, which procs at about 20% of the time.

savage rage has a maximal stack of 3 times for a total of 6% dmg increase with a 15 sec cd, with my barb's 12.9% crit chance it is both unlikely to proc it if u land a sequence of clobber; wreck armor;(not specced) and whirlwind, but the dmg boost is very week.

this coupled with the other crit ratings in reaver tree the bonus in hitting these single crits is not there, the reasoning to increase your your dmg by 5% per stack when your 2 stacks worth 10% dmg is about to expire would make sense

this is basicly how these classes work

sin, wait for avatar and liberation go kill clothie, go wait cd for 3m

Barb, spam aoe combos, out of combat, push in again or die

demo spam aoes from far away, see someone coming,.. you better start running
    The Law

Good sin never waits for cd. I never seen sin not ingage in a fight unless he is being overun. But i even seen sin go in with five enemy to devaste one player in 3 sec. Personally i wish to see Devastation buff come off only when you perform combo crits otherwise its usefull. There is very high chance that combo starter likely to crit on both 2h and specially dw. So please make Devastation crit buff stay on even if you do white hit crit but not combo crit.

armatur: in premades once sin has run the cds out, he is kill fodder and must stay far away from action

Quote Originally Posted by camilleboucquill View Post
    armatur: in premades once sin has run the cds out, he is kill fodder and must stay far away from action
    Not the case for t4 geared sin

Quote Originally Posted by armatur View Post
    theres no demo or necro in premades u know? and um, no cds = ccd is dead t4 or not. a pvp 5 barb is better then a sin without cds by so many measures

Quote Originally Posted by armatur View Post
    what u talking about pve boy? even my sin nearly full t4 (miss shoulder + cloack + neck,,) i go 5-20, 7-25, 3-14 etc, u really think that in good premaid ur t4 gonna help u out?

this is the kd list classes go:

soldiers : 20-0, 15-0, 10-0, 30-0
    Sin: 5-20, 6-15 etc etc
    demo: (losing team) 5-20. 5-14. 10-24
    pom: 5-0

u see where this going right? Like said before clothies have no spot in this game (in good pvp) even in raids conq in dps spec will outdps sins dmg, thats ****ing joke
    The Law

oh and ppl keep asking me, if i could bring other class, why are u bringing sin here mate?

why do they ask that? because sin has no spot in these, sure i can go 30-0 in pug, what did i actually do in that pug, avoid combat and stalk low geared toons, great now im best, killed blue geared demo, haha gz me
    The Law

no point wasting time saying barb needs tweaks, no one from funcom will listen, a lot of people will that play the game (us) agree that barb is balanced with a detail here and there to fix, and very soon a rage fight between whos best class, whos worse, whos best player, and so on will ruin the thread, thrust me, its a monthly cycle, and nothing comes up good from it...

play the barb as it is and you wont regret, specially zerker, its very fun for many reasons
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Quote Originally Posted by NoComment View Post
    no point wasting time saying barb needs tweaks, no one from funcom will listen, a lot of people will that play the game (us) agree that barb is balanced with a detail here and there to fix, and very soon a rage fight between whos best class, whos worse, whos best player, and so on will ruin the thread, thrust me, its a monthly cycle, and nothing comes up good from it...

play the barb as it is and you wont regret, specially zerker, its very fun for many reasons
    barb is great to dig in, tested everything (except atg, had my fair share of faceroll abilities in aoc)

barb is great for pugs, with vast pool of specs and AAs, but at its core i think it lacks purpose

considering the advantage soldiers have im sure very subtle thinks could be tweaked with the barb to better balance the game

shorter cd on wreck armour for one is something i think should be considered

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast