Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Very doubtful with DPS builds

you can also try this build if you go for 2-handed weapon and using raid gear, CLICK, but careful if you use other gear like tamarin tigers you will have lots of problems controlling the aggro pull. for perks use WW and upheaval and you will be fine. for combo rotation, barb is easy but also depends on the fights, don't stick to the same always and everywhere, for example you can start a figth with wreck armor + upheavel + wreck armor +++ and so on until wreck armors are all on CD, that way you debuff target with torment to 4 stacks (at least) and increase you reaver stacks faster, the rest comes on its own
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

using cos 9 & 10... pretty sad... only time you use cos 10 is if you dont have upheaval and use it untill you have upheaval... cos 9 is a never use combo, it does as much dps as cos 3&4 and they are 1 step combos.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokrian View Post
    using cos 9 & 10... pretty sad... only time you use cos 10 is if you dont have upheaval and use it untill you have upheaval... cos 9 is a never use combo, it does as much dps as cos 3&4 and they are 1 step combos.
    Now, now.. Would like to see a parse of that, Lokrian.

this is easy to test yourself, get a parser, i use guildstats.net.

my testing method is to debuff myself and remove all gear to try and eliminate as many random factors as pos.

the 3 numbers i work with are attack count, highest normal hit and dps of the parse run.

from my results in reaver DW upheaval is the base dps combo to use in pve. It dosent hit especially hard but has a lot of attacks over the animation cast time and produces highest dps from any combo.

cos8 was the hardest hitting combo i found, but due to attack count over animation time is low dps... good pvp combo though if you have the time to use it fully.

cos 9 and 10 hit slightly harder than upheaval, but it is due to the animation time and attack count that the dps of both is inferior, cos 9 hitting for ony 2/3 of the attack count of upheaval.

from my results the basic "rotation" i came up with for max dps was to use 2 highest ranks of wreck to start, jagged cut 4, upheaval, cos 6, then repeat with jagged cut4 etc.
    cos 6 is used as a time filler to max JC4's refresh time for max uptime. jagged cut can bug and sometimes double procs for huge dmg.
    cos 7 is slightly more dps than cos 6 with same cast time, but hits very low, cos 6 however is the second hardest hitting combo and so for the possible dps loss in the combo use time i went with the bigger crit dmg option of cos 6.

and it is the use time of the combo that make spamming cos 3&4 better than using cos9... and cos 3 hits for only slightly less than cos 9 or 10, makes it a great pvp combo.

thats why speed hacks work in this games combat system, you increase the speed of the animation and that increases the dps of the combo. if you could land upheaval in 1 second instead of it taking 5 or 6 to complete the animation, you just quintupled your dps.

apparently that is why female toons also do less dps than male toons, their animations are slightly longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokrian View Post

apparently that is why female toons also do less dps than male toons, their animations are slightly longer.
    I thought this was fixed in like, 2009.

It was fixed, his data is somewhat outdated. Longer combos are better for pve when dps is what you're looking for. They crit way harder than lower ranks so with the crit rating we have these days just spam the highest ranks of your combos (with few exceptions, internal bleed 2 instead of 4 on BS for example)
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

BS noob asking: Why IB2 over IB4?

Because the highest dps part of IB is the dot, and faster you apply the dot on target, best your dps is.

The difference is really small though^^

whether they fixed the animation difference between male and female toons is something i cant comment on, as i wasent playing this in 2009 and it is only something i heard about.

however saying that higher rank combos crit harder than lower rank combos is rediculous, and is someone who has obviously not tested and parsed their own classes combos.

an easy example on a barb is parse a dummy run using 2 hand zerker build using butcher3 and another butcher combo... the only other butcher combo that hits and crits as hard and high as butcher 3 is butcher 10.... however every combo level above butcher 3 beats butcher 3 for pure dps...

bottom line, test for yourselves... their is a sad lack of decent info, and a LOT of wrong info about classes and builds in this game, the DT is another one that people screw up all the time, producing below par dps, lack of threat etc

download a parser and have fun out dpsing "the vets"

Actually I have parsed it, and besides some exceptions here and there on different classes, the highest combo ranks generally deliver the best dps since the combo-skip and combo revamp that has happened a while back. That's just for pve and really static fights though. In some situations you'll want to use fast ranks.

On top of raw dps there seems to be hidden bonuses (more critical damage or so). Like the butcher X you mention, I've seen it crit way higher than ANY other butcher rank (save upheaval ofc).
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123