Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Very doubtful with DPS builds

Quote Originally Posted by Zoeri View Post
    You could just look in this thread and find answers.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=185437
    Ok thanks. I read in that topic and I think I'll go with upheaval/WW and rotation will be: wreck 1 2 3, Upheaval, Cyclone 10/Whirlwind 8
    Atmoran - Barbarian
    "I'm descendant of Ysgramor.I came from the ancient lands of Atmora."

For raid/6 man pve sustained dps, the build is this one:

http://is.gd/xc4PGp

or any slight variation thereof (the 2 points in toughness can be reallocated to any second tier ability in general, you might want to place more points in sever by dropping blitz and predatory instinct although sever's addition to your dps drops steeply after the first point, to less than +0.5% for each point after the first).

For AA class perks, choice is quite easy:

WW/Upheaval on any fight where you can hit the mob constantly
    Determination/Upheaval on any fight where you have to stop hitting for 10 or more seconds at a time

All of them maxxed out, but if you need to train other stuff too, just max out Upheaval first and reach rank 2 or 3 in the other two, rank up the other stuff, then come back for rank 4/5.

Rotation is quite easy: Upheaval/Cos X to infinity. Wreck Armor if and only if:

a) you need to stack the debuff (which in raids should never be the case since other classes i.e. BS can do it faster)
    b) there are two or more mobs in your frontal cone, in which case the Shrapnel damage increases exponentially (4 total shrapnels with 2 mobs, 9 shrapnels with 3 etc.)

Also, obviously, Jagged Cut to proc determination immediately before you need to stop dpsing on those fight where you have to stop, so you can mantain your 15x reaver stack.

There also exists a berserker way of reaching similar raid pve dps, mainly based on:
    A) using reaver stance (up to 15 so you still need Ferocity)
    B) keeping up constantly the dot from the 2h version of Upheaval
    C) cycle Staggering Blow to keep the Reverse Swing bonus always up
    D) exploiting the Thirst for Blood bonuses
    E) using a gap in your dps rotation to fit in Decapitation and Clobber V

but it's much more gear dependent and it basically only works if you have Ibis / T3 crafted / T4 weapon, so for now just go reaver until you can get ahold of a top end weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusLL View Post
    Rotation is quite easy: Upheaval/Cos X to infinity.
    If you're using CoSX you're pretty much gimping yourself right down. Not to mention how boring CoS spamming is... and if you're skipping every other combo there's no point specing into them.

As always there are some differences between users while preparing builds

More or less I have the one I want.
    Many thanks for all the answers!
    Atmoran - Barbarian
    "I'm descendant of Ysgramor.I came from the ancient lands of Atmora."

Quote Originally Posted by Hersch View Post
    If you're using CoSX you're pretty much gimping yourself right down. Not to mention how boring CoS spamming is... and if you're skipping every other combo there's no point specing into them.
    Care to explain yourself? CosX is the highest dps combo for barbs outside the AA ones. Combo finisher calculation is dependant on finisher animation length too, so the fact it takes forever to complete it should never result in decreased dps.

As for the second point, the only other thing I spec is JC (apart from the obvious WA line to reach DoD) and you need to spend the points somewhere to go down the tree. JC is preferable to WW anyway since it has a much shorter cooldown and better utility.

Tips, some are elementary.

*combo rotation is situational. Having a standard "im gonna use this rotation no matter what" mind set is not a good thing.
    *it is my opinion that WW is not that great. Bone shatter or jagged cuts much better and one of the better dot's in game.
    *always move to the mobs un-shielded side. You HAVE to move around a lot as a barb to get as much dps as you can.
    *Wreck armor is a nice one. Sometimes I start with lowest rank WA1, then WA2, WA3, and WA4 if you have it. That way mob has less armor and each next WA is hitting harder against lower armor.
    *understand your abilities and when to use them for best burst damage. (I can not stress this enough. If you are not using your abilities at the best time then you are really selling yourself, and your group/raid short.)
    * as far as gear, if it don't crit it ain't worth sh$t. (as a basic rule)
    *having a build with -hate is only needed once your gear gets good enough where you start pulling aggro often, and/or if your tanks suck.
    Last edited by kinlock; 19th November 2013 at 16:55.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusLL View Post
    Care to explain yourself? CosX is the highest dps combo for barbs outside the AA ones. Combo finisher calculation is dependant on finisher animation length too, so the fact it takes forever to complete it should never result in decreased dps.
    Yeah, cosx takes way to long. Use cos9 in it's place. I have on my hotbar the following combos. This is NOT my rotation.

Upheavel. COS9. JC3 (because jc4 takes too long). WA1,2,3,4.

Oh, also have the 2 free cc's on the hotbar. Switch weapons for a fast cc and back to smashing their faces.
    Last edited by kinlock; 19th November 2013 at 16:59.

Each to his own... but I get way more DPS cycling WA/JC between Upheaval and not using any second rank of CoS.

I spam Upheaval, Bone Shatter and the 4 different WA ranks with CoS 9 to fill holes in any. That's how I did 1870dps on Saddur with so-so gear and 18% crit chance. Spec is nothing special http://goo.gl/KdLir
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast