Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: is really Conqueror the "new barbarian"?-returning player

Brute Conq in PVE IMO is fair, my guard has very little aggro issues and from what I've seen so far (full khitai with some T4) is going to be at least as aggro-rific as my conq, perhaps even more. My full T4 DT is the one that isn't in check with the others...

Brute Conq is OP in PVP

Carnage DPS is OP in both PVE and PVP

so we were talking about barbs yeah? Oh that poor DPS class that barely can keep up with the soldier classes in DPS. Yes, very fair...

Please do not ask for buff any class dmg in pvp. Dmg is way to high anyway with today gears.
    Some classes rather needs to be toned down, like conq or other 2 soldiers to, but buffing dmg is just silly.
    Barb is now fun, pretty balanced class and bit challenging to play good in pvp. And that is the way it supposed to be. I would rather see other class dmg toned and skill needed to play upped than it is case now.
    Conq is strong and borring

People gotta remember that not all barb dps is counted for themselves on the parser. I believe Armageddon falls isn't recorded properly though I admit I'm not sure how much dps this would add.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    People gotta remember that not all barb dps is counted for themselves on the parser. I believe Armageddon falls isn't recorded properly though I admit I'm not sure how much dps this would add.
    The only barbarian skill which does not get attributed to barb on parser is indeed Armageddon Falls. It's quite possibly the best buff in the game for PvE raids, but that's still a pretty poor reason to exist for a whole class.

In PvP, it's extremely less effective and besides very few spec for it anyway since it essentially means speccing full reaver and going around in reaver stance, which makes you far squishier than a sin.

Armageddon Falls = about 200dps from one barb on a raid boss, more depending on other things and timings.

Conq is superior to barb in almost every respect, including more dps, heavy/plate armor, ability to tank/offtank as needed, combat rez, etc.

About the only thing barbs are better at is being able to spec into more cc's, but that hardly makes up for the other utilities a conq brings to the table.

And they are faster, that's not nothing.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    Not all ranks from hail of furious strike are AOE, mis leading once again, not sure if i can read ur text correctly,, but did u mention barb got pretty imba snare?

And flashing defence is not even that important since it got high cd and mostly it dosent even work against melee classes, secend of all, IMO it's damn broken, IT actually protects you less than rangers 30% from evasive action... like guardians storm reflex? is that the name? man thats also broken **** and dont work,
    barb has imba snare. I beg to differ, barb (if feated at the loos of dps) gets a snare of -35% hinder movment while conq gets 2 snares one as barb and one more powerful.
    Too easy, think your good? Try a reaver stance barb.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelkjar View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong here, but i remember times from back in the day when T2-Raids were still the hottest sh*t that decent carnie-conqs would be on par with reaver-barbs in dps.
    So at least this does not seem new to me.
    I think except for guardians all soldiers have quite some potential to top dps-charts if they spec for it.
    Also I think DT is even crazier when it comes to this, as usually a DT tanking in T4 and while fighting Zodiac especially has good chances to be among the Top10 or even Top5 DPSers while specced for tanking, even if it requires quite good gear its still crazy.
    Yes, reaver barb dps about as much as conq, but conq has uber debuffing which isn't shown in the parse plus they have plat armor making them way more powerful than barb.

As far as dt dps goes, it is way better in pve than pvp cuz in pve, they can stack and keep vom stacks way more efficiently than in pvp so in pvp they are not near as damaging.(but still more of a threat than a barb)

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    And they are faster, that's not nothing.
    you have to go down 1/2 into the zerker feat to get that at the cost of a massive amount of dps or cc breaks.
    I don't use it cuz it isn't worth it. Also I am way better than most barb (in minis, not in duals) so it is not usually good to use.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast