Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: is really Conqueror the "new barbarian"?-returning player

Default is really Conqueror the "new barbarian"?-returning player

hi guys!

i love barb for; well you know why; its so fun gameplay, rp, etc
    i played a lot since 2008 till end of 2010 and was a very happy man.
    But i left cause barb felt less powerfull while getting levels and certainly not the killing mashine its supposed to be , at least lore-wise, when you reach 80.

Now i read all over the place, if i want to play a bg sword mofo barbarian, i should roll a conqueror; that barbarian is conqueror´s little brother now, etc...

is that true? cause if so, i do not intend to reroll a conq, i just quit again dam...cause im a barb and take no ******** from FC :P

anyways thnx guys IF you respond

In PvP there's no comparison. Conq outshines barb (and most other classes) by several orders of magnitude as things stand now.

In PvE, it's a bit less tragic but not by much. Also, if the current loot for the unchained dungeons on test server goes live (heavy armor with -hate), barb will become utterly meaningless in PvE too except to spam TW/FH on those fights which need them.

Sad to tell you that as my main has been a barb last 5 years, but that's how it is.

A barb seems much more brutal than a conq, tbh, but if you like EZ mode game play, you should go for carnage. Super high dps alternating 3 combos in pve, while it has equal mitigations as a brute in pvp, with much higher dps

For PvP conq is just out of everyones league at this point.
    For PvE tanking the agro has gotten a serious SERIOUS buff, its really easy to grab agro even with tanks that are way better geared + you have bubbles which makes it so that you dont actually need insane gear to stay alive.
    For PvE DPS its also very easy to get top, even with lack of gear. When the gear comes along theres nothing that can stop you from doing whatever you want

Conq for world domination.

a sad day for that panther-like movements whirlwind of steel that Conan was when he left cimeria to conquer...oh wait

Quote Originally Posted by EnReX View Post
    For PvE tanking the agro has gotten a serious SERIOUS buff, its really easy to grab agro even with tanks that are way better geared + you have bubbles which makes it so that you dont actually need insane gear to stay alive.
    You must not have a conq and DT because even with my super OP 5 second bubble, my khitai geared DT tanks t4 easier than my full t4 conq.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusLL View Post
    In PvP there's no comparison. Conq outshines barb (and most other classes) by several orders of magnitude as things stand now.

In PvE, it's a bit less tragic but not by much. Also, if the current loot for the unchained dungeons on test server goes live (heavy armor with -hate), barb will become utterly meaningless in PvE too except to spam TW/FH on those fights which need them.

Sad to tell you that as my main has been a barb last 5 years, but that's how it is.
    believe this

In groupe PvE barbs and conq don't have the same role.
    If you play pure dps as conq you take the risk of pissig off the main tank pretty fast. But you can shine as DPSing Off tank or Tank in brute spec.
    Barb in PvE only has to DPS and it does it's job decently. Good dps, good aggro management and self rez in case of a hick up.

Theoreticly, in PvE, conqs out-dps barbs. But in pug groupes you'll rarely see players that eager to take DPS conqs so they don't compete each other much outside forums.

In PvP it's a diffrent story. Wearing heavy armor is like having -100% hate. Therefore you have a much easier time as a conq and can spent much more time in frenzy and do great DPS. Carnage conqs will have incredible DPS but be rahter squishy (for tanks) and not that hard to kill with a little help from magique damage. Brute conq on the othe hand will have lower DPS but loads of surviability and a much easier time landing combos (2h range and lots of one step combos).
    Barb works roughly the same, Zerker (equivalent of brute) provides less dps but more surviability and Reave (equivalent of Carnage) provides more dps but less surviability. But since he's not wearing heavy armor doesn't benefit from the -100% aggro. To deal with it you have speed buffs.

To sum it up i guess you can say barb is an upgrade in terms of challenge from conq. It's not as weak but it doesn't have as many easy mode mechanics as some class have.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

People who want to tank/offtank play Conqs. People who want to DPS play barbs. People who are useless play DPS only carnage Conqs and attempt to justify that Conqs are more useful that way and never have to tank anything.

And don't get mistaken by any crap around here. Barbs can do very high DPS if played right.

Daksos and I compete for the top place parse in the emperor all the time. I usually beat him about 2/3 of the time but the difference form pvp is that in the emperor i have 15 reaver stacks THE WHOLE TIME (except for about 40 sec of earning it in the beginning, and I hold it via determination) Now if you take this to pvp scenario, it is implausible to hold 15 reaver stacks the whole time and live. Opposed to conq that has 15 reaver stacks (in a sense)all the time. So why play barb? Really there is no reason to unless you just want a challenge. Also, not to mention if you die, determination doesn't work when you are dead so you loose ALL YOUR STACKS and it really sucks sense it will take about 3 min to gain the stacks back. If you die on conq, nothing to really worry about but when you die on a barb it's really bad if you have stacks.

conq vs barb

conq = can land 5 torments + 1 wreck + 1 ruin = -50% armor in about 10 sec
    Barb = can land 5 torments in about 30 if you are fast (not to mention that it doesn't proc so it consists of lv 15 and 24 combos that do no damage) = only -25% armor debuff

conq = between bladeweave, assult and fire banner you get about 10% increased crit rating on ALL COMBOS
    barb gets inceased crit rating on white hits but only increased crit rating on upheval if you have stacks (big if = player skill needed)

conq = main combo 4 sec cd is aoe (2h)
    barb = main combo not aoe (so it's hard to hit kiters = playerskill needed)

conq = 3 kb
    barb = 2 kb (and one slow one which ppl can dodge/jump back)

conq = 2 snare, fear and silence
    barb = 2 stun and only good/present if feeted = big loss in dps

conq = bubbles = retaliation (retributive bubble), flashing defense(100% evade bubble), blessed conquest (unhitable bubble)and overcome the odds(healing bubble) (and one more magic bubbles, forgot name)
    barb = cost 2 aa points = low dps = to get a bubble 9 sec that gives 60%evade/immunity (so yah, only one bubble at great cost)

conq = quick combos (usually 1.5 sesc or less)
    barb = up to 3 sec combos with cyclone x (one sec cd) and upheval (one sec cd) cyclone and 2 sec combos with 2h weapon (usually you can't finish them they are so long. if you are stationary that long you will die)

Conq gets healing in carnage or brute
    barb gets healing only if blood rage is active which lowers dps a lot. If i am in pvp gear/spec I have 295 dps in blood rage, when i get stacks in reaver i get 424 (so big loss for healing) not to mention that a conq gets what my barb has at 424 all the time. Plus the conq has heals and plate armor

So is there any reason to play barb. Defiantly NOT. Why play barb? Because you want ppl to notice that you have skill instead of abusing an insanely easy class.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast