Thread: Barbarian AA Question

Question Barbarian AA Question

Hi guys,

i'm playing a 2-hand zerker barb an so far i'm pretty happy playing it.
    However, i'm pretty baffled now when it comes to AA-point distribution.

Guess it'll be for the best if i list those AA-Skills i've trained/maxed out so far:

Pressing Strikes 2
    Deceicive Strikes 2
    Chrom. Warding 2
    Empo. Momentum 1
    Expa. Sidesteps 1
    Vitality 1
    Elusive Nature 5/max
    Soothing Venom 1
    Liberation 1
    Nimble 1
    Penetr. Armor 1
    TW
    FH
    Pitfighter 3
    Explo. Opening 1
    At the gates
    Imp. Stun Punch 1
    Ext. Clobber 1
    Empo. Butcher 1
    Upheavel 1
    Boneshatter 1
    Ext. Stagg. Blow 1
    Without Warning 1
    Determination 1

I'm doing MoA-Grinding in Khitai most of my playtime and from those perks above, i've the following active most of the time:
    Elu. Nature, Pressing Strikes, Taint. Weap., Liberation, Boneshatter, Upheavel.

As you can see, everthing is widespread to say the least and i admit i don't have the fainthest clue what's there to be maxed out first, second etc .

Also it would be interessting what rotation you would recommend, so far i'm going:
    Boneshatter, Uphea., highest Butcher, highest staggerin Blow, rinse repeat. CC's are used when needed.
    Oh, and i'm no weaponswitcher, second weap slot is a bow to pull mobs when soloing. Equip is a T1/T2/blue Khitai mix.

Hope you can give me few hints here, would be mighty kind .

Solong
    Last edited by dawnone; 16th April 2014 at 09:51.

Quote Originally Posted by dawnone View Post
    Pressing Strikes 2
    Deceicive Strikes 2
    Soothing Venom 1
    Upheavel 1
    Boneshatter 1
    Without Warning 1
    Boneshatter needs only one point, no need to put in more until you have nothing else left.
    Pressing and Decisive strikes, max those quick
    Upheaval and Without Warning, max those next
    The minus hate perk is nice to have too but other perks have priority

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Phil77 View Post
    Boneshatter needs only one point, no need to put in more until you have nothing else left.
    Pressing and Decisive strikes, max those quick
    Upheaval and Without Warning, max those next
    The minus hate perk is nice to have too but other perks have priority
    Morning,
    thanks for your answer. I think i forgot to mention that i still have around 40 AA Points in total (~15 Mastery ~25 Expertise) in store. I'll put them to good use on those perks you wrote asap.

However, when i'm in Khitai, i'll have to use one AA slot for "Elusive Nature" perk, since i don't own much critigation equip just yet. That leaves me with only one slot left for Pressing - or Decisive Strikes, so which of those do you deem more important?

Oh, and what about my rotation: Boneshatter, Uphea., highest Butcher, highest staggerin Blow, rinse repeat. CC's are used
    when needed.
    Is it ok or would you suggest otherwise? I know all these questions must be pretty boring for expirienced players, but i'm still pretty green - AoC-wise spoken - and somehow i have the feeling i'm running my barb only on quarter or half -at best - speed, if you got my meaning.

Solong

Quote Originally Posted by dawnone View Post
    However, when i'm in Khitai, i'll have to use one AA slot for "Elusive Nature" perk, since i don't own much critigation equip just yet. That leaves me with only one slot left for Pressing - or Decisive Strikes, so which of those do you deem more important?
    elusive nature is only good for tanks and only on some specific encounters. actually, as dps class, you can even forget about it, especially if you don't have that much critigation gear. use pressing and decisive strikes all the time!!
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Forget elusive nature. Pressing and decisive maxed out are a must have.

If you do khitai 6-man, you will also need tainted weapons slotted in for several fights.

Upheaval and Without Warning for the class silver perks.

Lightbulb

Hi,
    thx for all your input. I always thought (and also somebody told me, i think) Elusive Nature would be usefull for soloing in Khitai, that's why i had maxed it first and foremost. Guess i've been wrong there, sigh.

Anyways, since it dosen't help to cry over spilled milk, i'll gonna max pressing & decicive strikes asap now. Thx also on mentioning TW, but i've been skilling this perk along with (F)inley (H)oned rigth away back then when i finally had reached Lv 80.

Have happy easter holidays

You haven`t made a mistake in feating Elusive Nature Dawnone, for solo work, as it passively gives you a chance of mitigating critical hits without having to put it on the perk bar.
    On one of my baby Barbs I also swap out Decisive Strikes for Fortifying Empowerment to gain more health, thus survival in Khitai solo work. I use a dual wield hybrid build though.

Quote Originally Posted by Polski View Post
    I use a dual wield hybrid build though.
    yep!! for questing, dual wield in blood rage stance (switching to 2h for cc's) is more fun!!
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)