Thread: overpower

Default overpower

how does the overpower ability and feat work

Less good than the conqs one.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

It procs on every offhand hit, with my reaver spec and current AA (40% offhand chance) I can just spam it every few seconds. You need to be in reaver stance too and the more stacks the better the damage. It's instant and you can do it while moving or doing combos.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

- the ability can only be used if you are in reaver stance and, when already on reaver stance, each offhand attack has a chance to trigger it;
    - a red square around the ability icon will let you know if you can use it and you also get a buff the gives the time you can use the ability, so if that buff finishes and you didnt use it, you need to trigger it again
    - the more points you put on it in the feat tree the higher the chance an offhand attack will trigger it, and the higher the offhand the better, because you hit more often with offhand attacks giving you lots of opportunities to trigger it
    - the higher stack on the reaver stance buff, the higher the damage the ability will inflict

anyway, 5 points on it gives you 100% chance to trigger on any offhand attack, so basically if you are in pve, it will trigger all the time (or at least feels like it);
    another way of putting things is working with your offhand chance, so, if you have a very high offhand chance (40% like kalston said) you can put 3 points on the feat (60%) and you still feel like its a 100% because the offhand attacks increases and by consequence the trigger opportunities (of course to do this if you dont want AF and/or Impale)
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    Less good than the conqs one.
    barb is fine mmk?

its got crazy amount of dmg and decent survivability, couldnt do as much when i was a fresh sin

The damage from Overpower increases as you gain reaver stacks as well. At 15 stacks it is in the region of 150% increase on Overpower.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    The damage from Overpower increases as you gain reaver stacks as well. At 15 stacks it is in the region of 150% increase on Overpower.
    Damage even with 15 stacks not that great compared to other classes single click ability. But thats just me

Quote Originally Posted by armatur View Post
    Damage even with 15 stacks not that great compared to other classes single click ability. But thats just me
    Yeah on single target it kinda sucks. But Overpower has 5 meter range and 180 degree cone so you can hit a lot of people/mobs with it. And it is ready every 10 seconds which got to be of the lowest cooldowns of a single click ability. On a Strawman it had average hit of 678 and average crit of 1290. Did total 5,86% of my damage and 13986 danage total.

For comparison, Assassin is the closest one to compare. Face stab, instant ability. Must be melee range and single target only. Costs shards. On Straw Man it had 6,09% of my damage and 16043 damage total. I hit Face Stab every time it was off cooldown on this parse. Average hit of 683 and average crit of 1567.

Not the biggest difference in damage in my opinion, and the advantages of a Overpower aoe and that it has no stamina/shard cost outweighs the sometimes higher crits of Face Stab in my opinion. They could not buff Overpower at all, it would become... Overpowering. ^^

They could extend the range. It sure doesn't feel like 5 meters in pvp. Other than that, great ability that can be used mid combo unlike face-stab