Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shadows in the Past (anniversary quest)

Default Shadows in the Past (anniversary quest)

Any tips for fight with last bosses? It took me hard work to get upstairs and it looks like Shadowed Strom with orb is out of my chances.

And that buff you get from Pict shaman is only graphic one or does it have any effect on fight statistics? On my second visit of this instance I am not able to interact with NPCs so I did not receive it.

EDIT: I got it Just avoid or cc blue aura and kill him three times.
    Last edited by elsunga; 21st May 2014 at 12:29.

I tried this quest last night. I had to kill the red hand leader Quesado. I killed him and the quest updated and told me to talk to the stranger. I assumed that he was the pict standing in the corner, but I couldn't target or interact with him. I killed Quesado at least 3 or 4 times. Thought about killing the shadowed orb too, but there wasn't enough time before it spawned another Quesado plus more red hand guys.

Unhappy Shadows in the Past

Well, at least I'm not the only one having problems. I have been able to destroy all the orbs in the first portion of this quest, but when I get to Quesado, that is when I get killed, again, and again, and again. I have been able to kill Quesado, and the guard spawns, but then Quesado reappears. I get a few hits on the globe/orb then have to get back to killing Quesado and the guards all over again. By this point, no matter what I do, my health is to low.

I known that Quesado has a special attack and that I need to avoid that. However, the stun that gets me and Quesado leaves the guards beating away on me. Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed.

I have tried this quest twice. First with a level 25 Guard (and I didn't get far) and second with a level 80 geared and AA'd POM. (Completed with ease). The quest does scale, but seems to be at the sweet spot for a fresh level 80 with "good" gear and minimal AA's.

Did the fight on two badly-geared lvl 80 chars today. Seems like kiting with potions running and dodging the knockback is your best bet.

He is completely CCable. May take some kiting around still though. Don't attack Strom next to the floating orb, it heals if it takes damage.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Karla View Post
    Well, at least I'm not the only one having problems. I have been able to destroy all the orbs in the first portion of this quest, but when I get to Quesado, that is when I get killed, again, and again, and again. I have been able to kill Quesado, and the guard spawns, but then Quesado reappears. I get a few hits on the globe/orb then have to get back to killing Quesado and the guards all over again. By this point, no matter what I do, my health is to low.

I known that Quesado has a special attack and that I need to avoid that. However, the stun that gets me and Quesado leaves the guards beating away on me. Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed.
    Kite him on left or right side of the room. This allows you to avoid one of adds. They will always appear left/right. After killing him move to orb and make it as much as damage as you can. He will reapear. Then kite him around left or right part of the room and fight him with adds (still avoiding adds in opposite part of the room). Kill him, move to orb etc.

The good news is it really works, the bad news is there are more difficult fights of this kind at Acheronian Ruins :-)
    Last edited by elsunga; 21st May 2014 at 16:45.

The most annoying thing is reseting complete Tortage/Acheronian Ruins when you leave area. You are back in Old Tarantia docks and all mobs are back. It is quite long way to last boss and there are no chances for shortcuts. You can run through few parts, but it is not big deal.

I would prefer I would reapear under the Acheronian Ruins in Stone circle. The way up will be annoying due to three orbs you have to always deal with but at least you would not be forced to repeat pointless way through Tortage and most of Acheronian Ruins when you made it once.

Well the fight with Strom should have given you the first clue.

When he speaks "Such is the fate of all of Tortage's traitors" you should notice an area around you that looks a little bit like the DT's zone of Gluttony, you stand in it and you take damage.

After killing the three versions of Strom the final boss comes out, he casts a spell called "Soul Surge" you will get a blue eye of set on the ground at your feet, don't stand there it will kill you......

He also casts so Arua spell, just run behind him (line of sight) and again you will take no damage.

Just keep moving out of those areas and it is a simple fight.
    Last edited by miamie; 21st May 2014 at 18:45.

Console game style design...always disliked that.
    You can argue about balance, repetiveness, timesinkishness, difficulty and fun, where imo last years quests were a lot better (still linear, but with rewarding optional content and not as tedious and long).

But as Elsunga said...my main annoyance too was that you had to redo a lot of already done content (which is double bad, if you did not like it much), if you crash, relog or just needed a break (or run out of potions). Even the invisible walls get back when you fought the final boss already, so you have to kill the annoying balls again all over up the stairs.

Question for funcom:
    How are these quests treated? Will it be enough to just get them on all chars to finish them at leisure (like oasis halloween and midwinter quests) or will the infrastructure disappear (like last years werewolf quests)?

Taking the timesink value of the current questline and the additional pvp quests some might want to do, too...i think this would be good to know for people with more than one char.

Suggestions:
    - reduce health on the balls a lot or give them proper mechanics you can counter (e.g. a summoning castbar) OR make them optional kills
    - slightly reduce the respawn rates, so fighting through the spawns becomes a valid option even for low dps chars. At least as long as you got no aggro from the ball, then faster respawns are fine
    - increase the casttime of Stroms knockbar at least so, that an average player can react and counter with own ccs
    - maybe give some unique random loot drop chance to the pirates as on tortage beach...right now all they are worth is skipping
    - a resspoint on top of the stairs might be nice OR a potion vendor

You should remember, this is a solo anniversary quest for mostly vanity rewards...not grindable challenge with power rewards or part of a pve tier.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 21st May 2014 at 22:35.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast