Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: max dps rotation

lol I have all 3 swords in my inventory hehe just want your fellow hox opinion

Enough hit rating on rest of your gear for the content you do-use Hyrkanian sword.

Not enough ? AoK sword.

T3 sword is not bad at all but still go for ze crits :P

Also keep in mind the armor from 155/160 strength from Trial of Flame / Harbinger of Acheron. It adds around 300-ish armor so would be roughly the same as fighting without Boots equipped. It does of course not have anything to do with the dps but helps on squishyness since the three swords offer around the same damage output.

I went for Trial of Flame because Brittle Blade and Dragon Spine armors offer enough hit rating, along with Lacunal Nexus, Ring of Scalding and Cloak of Wakening Nightmares. And it is way much easier to farm Rare Trophies than something you will never know when is going to drop.

Mostly directed towards Shax and whoever plays a heavy avatar spec like this one http://goo.gl/M0phj: What would the core of the rotation be in that case?

Going BtD - Pillar - MSS - repeat as the core, with buffs and Hellfire Breath thrown in where appropriate and alternating ranks of Pillar and MSS to handle the longer cooldowns is what I was trying. Pillar + MSS fills the 10 second gap between BtDs nicely, only Fire Lance is going to waste.

Thoughts?

Keep them debuffs on cooldown. Inferno Curse is instant in that build so first and foremost use that. Molten Steel Slash has a cooldown of 20 seconds and takes about 5 seconds to do including starter, step and finisher. The wrack though, that is interesting part of Molten Steel Slash, lasts for 30 seconds, so in theory you can always keep it up. Burn to Death 6 takes around 5 seconds to execute with a 10 second cooldown, fits to be ready again after next Molten Steel Slash. Fill with Pillar combos when you got the weapon damage penalty, those have higher finisher dps than the others so you kind of even it out.. Some time goes from using Desecrating Essence, Avatar of Xotli, Exultation of Xotli and Demon Maw, the key is to adapt really. Move and hit the finishers where the mob has less shields. Prioritize Burn to Death and debuffs. Hellfire Breath and Spitfire goes without saying, always on cooldown, lovely if you can fit it in combo steps.
    Last edited by Shax84; 8th July 2014 at 15:45.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12