Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Khitai is tough!

As you can see, it depends on the playstyle. For me, a couple tiers of Brittle Blade gear and it was a completely different ballgame. Click the "Leveling Guide" post in my signature for more details.

Some quick tips: Single-pull for the beginning of Grasslands; get BB up 2-3 tiers ASAP; run potions constantly; farm the heck out of solo instances and the quests that fit your gear/AA level; skip the quests and solo dungeons that are slow and risky (like the bone quests in Kara Korum are silly at first; later on, with BB4 and a good sword, you can 2-3 pull those without blinking, and the 3 stacking quests makes it worthwhile, but when you first enter KK, ignore them or bring a friend); and don't beat yourself up for all the rezzing (we don't get multiple self-rezzes for nothing).
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Make sure you AA out unbinding chains so that you can get into sixmans easier, watch global for pug sixmans to try and get the better blue and purple gear with critigation.

Go to t2/t3 raids when you can to get the better swords (t3 one is pretty good and drops fairly often) that will help out. The t2/t3 gear generally isn't as good as the BB stuff though.

You might have issues getting into sixmans if they want only experienced and geared players but it doesn't hurt to ask. Generally caster types aren't as hard to work in as healers and tanks for the most part: just don't start with coils or the harder stuff. I see a lot of pug sixmans looking for members all night in global on Crom.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    Make sure you AA out unbinding chains so that you can get into sixmans easier, watch global for pug sixmans to try and get the better blue and purple gear with critigation.

Go to t2/t3 raids when you can to get the better swords (t3 one is pretty good and drops fairly often) that will help out. The t2/t3 gear generally isn't as good as the BB stuff though.

You might have issues getting into sixmans if they want only experienced and geared players but it doesn't hurt to ask. Generally caster types aren't as hard to work in as healers and tanks for the most part: just don't start with coils or the harder stuff. I see a lot of pug sixmans looking for members all night in global on Crom.
    Unbinding Charm is almost useless, unless you're doing t4. There's more important AA's than that to get.

First and foremost, work on getting either some Wolves or BB blue gear. Preferably to pieces that drop from dungeons, as they're worlds better than the stupid bought pieces. Secondly, work on maxing out AA's like Decisive and Pressing Strikes, as well as time training Red Shadows of Xotli. It's your best passive DPS increase, as well as a decent survivability tool. And honestly, as far as a weapon goes, work on getting the sword from Amp or the Trial of Flame, before any gear. Preferably the sword from Amp, as it has comparable magic damage etc, but also has hit rating, which you will be lacking.

wow thanks so much for such a great response all. very helpful.
    most of your tips is what i'm trying, so i'll just keep at it and hopefully work it out. after such a long break, I guess it's a steep learning curve to expect that i'll be rolling through khitai without a challenge.

cheers

it's all good man ... khitai was designed to be difficult, even for old world veterans ... due to the reasons stated ... keep at it though, you'll get there
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Enslaving fire maxed + 2x morph stuns + 1xfear + 1xroot + thundering flames + 1xbubble equals no mob can kill you in khitai. Just have to ramp up the hp somewhat so you can stand few hits and close in on caster/ranged mobs.
    Last edited by Vahush; 12th November 2013 at 08:15.

Yeah im realising how lazy I was playing my hox (the guard in me I guess, ha), shame on me. I sorted my ability bar more efficiently and now combat is full of movement and more fluid. I'm destroying stuff in grasslands.

Thanks again for all the help and tips.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12