Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: World Boss loot

Default World Boss loot

Generally I like the world bosses and its a cool way to gear up some newb chars some..BUT, is it really neccesary to let them drop all the bloody social gear?? Especially that Khitai clown costume, I friggin hate it and its just annoying to trash it from the inventory after you won it for the fifth time in 6 tries. Who wanna look like a chinese clown anyway?? :-O give me sticky fresh blood any day instead of that annoying crap.. or send it back to China where it belongs in the rice fields ;-)

Nobody forces you to farm these bosses. They drop social stuff, with a smaller chance of dropping t1 and t2 and even smaller chance of really worthy epics. Getting raidgear from hitting a boss as hard as a strawman isn't really hard, so balancing the table with social stuff is a good thing imo.

Some of the social gear is pretty nice. Some not so much. But it's way better then some of the horrible drops.....

I like this set, even thought I won't wear it since I'm not into chinese clothes.
    I think the loots are nice and well done. The funny potions are somehow nice. It always makes me smile when a boss take a long moment to kill and someone link one of those useless thing

But the fatality rating potion is a bit cheap on the effect. +10% for 20 seconds and you only get one
    I wish there was an epic version of it that add 1% forever (can ony use once maybe).
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Ive been meaning to write a post about the WB event loot,, honestly its dissapointing now, i dont expect miracles but the drop rate for purple boxes seems to be maybe 1%, and even with the two purples i have had in 5 days of doing the event , both of which dropped from blue boxes, only one had anything usefull,, 10 t3 relics, which is still only a fraction of what i need to buy something usefull,,

In addition the 150 plus blue boxes i have had have been filled with mostly useless junk,, I dont need or want anymore pets, or electric boogie, or fatal concotion , or brain juices etc,, the elixers are handy even if they are still a bit of a booby prize,, really i should just be doing k6 or something, I would progress much farther than chasing the world boss,, But the event is fun in a community sense,,

I would make a suggestion based on these observations

Blue boxes should have in them from every boss kill,,

1 rare trophy and a 20k mastery pot, every time, this would put the event on a par with doing other activities round the game,,
    And then it should contain the prize drop, crap or not but preferably get rid of the junk,,

Purple box should have every time,, 5 rare trophy, 1 t3 relic, 1 t4 relic and the drop prize,,

This way everyone can plan for a minimum drop usefullness and it will make the event into something worthwhile,,

so for me,, a solid week of doing the boss would be maybe 150 rare trophys, maybe 20 t3, 5 t4, maybe a level of mastery and whatever els I got lucky with,, its not that much for a solid week of work,, I could do the same without the boss,

ok thanks, Hugoka, Crom

The drop rate is fine.
    Of course, I also hate getting all that useless junk all the time, but even with that I equipped all my alts with a mix of t1 and t2 gear, and got countless doubles as well.
    Also got 38 t3 relics on one alt.
    But it also made me have no reason to do t1/2 raids. And I don't think that should happen. Especially to people that have little experience there.
    I would like to see some different items dropping. Like resources, bags, more aa pots and stuff like that, and also more random social gear.

Also, while getting rares would've been nice, people are already spending too much time with the world boss and not doing much of 'normal' dungeons.

Some farm the bosses for the epics, some for the vanity sets. Good thing is, that you just need some space in inventory and you can delete or sell what you don't want.
    If you don't like a lottery, you can do the regular raids or just kill them once for the quest.

Personally i find it a pity, that the social gear and pets are "bound on pickup"...making all the effort spent in making them useless for all those who don't want or can't participate in the boss content.

The loot table is a bit too lottery like for my tastes. Personally i would prefer certain drop categories from the first kill or a quest for each boss to let people select between a power item, a vanity set, trophies/tokens, consumeables and pets (in that case the "bop"ness of the items would be less severe, too).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 9th February 2014 at 12:51.

I find the loot to be OK most of the time except some funny crap like fatality potion etc. I like social stuff because i don't feel the need to get powerfull gear. I got some T1 and T2 armour pieces so far. I do this event for the final price.

Same loot is okay and there are some nice fights around the world boss making it worthwile.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

PvP fights around the boss are iteresting but the performance is way to bad in my case. I go often below 20fps so it's more luck than skills i need to stand. I know that's more CPU related. I have i5-460M 2,5GHz. Can someone who has some monstrous CPU like 3,5GHz tell if there is a difference ? Any other parts of the game are fine for my hardware to have 40-50 fps except those world bosses.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast